2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rogers blames ball for missed two point conversion?

Did anyone else here during his press conference that "it would have been nice to get a throwing ball instead of a kicking ball on the 2 point conversion"? Is it really getting to that point for him to blame the ball aas the reason for missing the two point conversion?

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell? Is there a difference between a "kicking ball" and a "throwing ball"? This is a new one to me.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell? Is there a difference between a "kicking ball" and a "throwing ball"? This is a new one to me.

I think the quarterbacks get to use the balls they want and wear them to their preference. Some like brand new balls some like worn balls. I think I used the word balls too much in this post.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I remember France complaining about the new soccer ball used in the World Cup a few years ago. The Packers have turned into France; Cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Haha.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's different but it's what you set yourself up with.. I just find his comment as if he is appalled they reviewed the last play.. well whatever the situation would be, it was a scoring play which has to be reviewed.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I am sure that Rogers cares deeply about which balls he gets to handle. Why am I not surprised that he seems to be an expert at it?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kickers used to hop those balls in a laundry dryer for hours, to soften them up. And the NFL used to let them play those balls, come sunday. Throughout the history of the NFL, we have probably seen kickers sneak in footballs filled with every stable air/gas blend that could be pumped between a pigskin.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the only difference is that the kicking balls have less air in them

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Analysts better attack his statements as they do Cutler's, or they can all fuck off.

They won't. You know damn well though it would be headline news if he did. "After Awful Performance, Cutler Blames Ball".

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Lol this whole Cutler thing is pretty funny. The guy can be a douche to people, but in all honesty, most people deserve it. Cutler, IMO, is a cool guy. I would hang out with him. Don't know where the hate comes from... the Denver trade?