2012 NHL Free Agency / Re-Signing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yea but if someone offers you a top player now and the key component of the deal is stalberg I trade him now. Lol

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

Agreed but there aren't that many teams right now that are going to be considered "sellers". I think you get better value for Stalberg at the deadline. On top of that, you keep his low salary on the books and then if you trade for someone with a higher salary (which would be the case most likely) you atleast get them at a prorated rate.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed but there aren't that many teams right now that are going to be considered "sellers". I think you get better value for Stalberg at the deadline. On top of that, you keep his low salary on the books and then if you trade for someone with a higher salary (which would be the case most likely) you atleast get them at a prorated rate.

sure thing, gamble on the fact that stalberg will continue to produce at the level he did last year and :pray: he has good numbers at the deadline. Sorry i will take my chances now and move him right now because there is a good chance he wont repeat his numbers from last year.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Been pretty quiet lately across the NHL

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
sure thing, gamble on the fact that stalberg will continue to produce at the level he did last year and :pray: he has good numbers at the deadline. Sorry i will take my chances now and move him right now because there is a good chance he wont repeat his numbers from last year.

Why is there a good chance he won't repeat his numbers from last year?

I don't understand why you are assuming that several players will have their numbers drop from last year. You have singled out Stalberg and the Top 6 in this manner already. I just don't understand how you can assume that players who have not hit their prime (in age) are going to have their numbers decline.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Why is there a good chance he won't repeat his numbers from last year?

I don't understand why you are assuming that several players will have their numbers drop from last year. You have singled out Stalberg and the Top 6 in this manner already. I just don't understand how you can assume that players who have not hit their prime (in age) are going to have their numbers decline.

tbh, I would be surprised if Stalberg scores 20 goals again. lol

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
tbh, I would be surprised if Stalberg scores 20 goals again. lol

With his speed, I wouldn't be surprised at anything he does.

It was only his second full year in the NHL, so I don't know why Dews (or anyone that is) is assuming that he is going to decline when it comes to the numbers game.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

It was only his second full year in the NHL, so I don't know why Dews (or anyone that is) is assuming that he is going to decline when it comes to the numbers game.

Im a little skeptical just because it was thefirst time he did it (score 20 goals)...

if he does it again I would buy into it more...obviously

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He scored 8 or 9 goals vs Columbus & disappeared in the playoffs again..open up your damn eyes.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Im a little skeptical just because it was thefirst time he did it (score 20 goals)...

Correct, but only his second full season.

I'm skeptical as well but I don't see a reason to already assume that his numbers will be lower. I have no idea where his numbers will go, they could really go either way.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think as long as he works on his shot, he can do it. His speed, like you mentioned, is killer. I just thought that he could've had more goals using his speed if he had a better shot.

Yeah. It's tough to say that a guy will keep up with something like that. I would like to see proof first.

He scored 8 or 9 goals vs Columbus & disappeared in the playoffs again..open up your damn eyes.

:obama:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
having speed and actually knowing how to skate are way different. he may be fast, but he lacks true skilled skating along with poor hands both on the possession front and shooting. these are variables that need to be a part of his fast skating, add the fact that we dont play columbus for the whole season.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
having speed and actually knowing how to skate are way different. he may be fast, but he lacks true skilled skating along with poor hands both on the possession front and shooting. these are variables that need to be a part of his fast skating, add the fact that we dont play columbus for the whole season.

I don't know how you can say Stalberg is a poor skater. He is a very solid skater and last year he finally started to harness that speed.

Stalberg's biggest issue is that he isn't a finisher. He could have had 35 goals last year if he had a real knack for the back of the net. Other negatives include blue line turn overs, poor shot selection (instead of driving the net), and passing/hands.

He is a dynamic player because of his speed but definitely needs work in other areas. Hopefully, if on the Blackhawks this year, we see him continue to grow as a player and learn how to use his speed even more to put himself in the right positions offensively and defensively.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Meh. I kinda wanted to take a flyer on him...oh well

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how you can say Stalberg is a poor skater. He is a very solid skater and last year he finally started to harness that speed.

Stalberg's biggest issue is that he isn't a finisher. He could have had 35 goals last year if he had a real knack for the back of the net. Other negatives include blue line turn overs, poor shot selection (instead of driving the net), and passing/hands.

He is a dynamic player because of his speed but definitely needs work in other areas. Hopefully, if on the Blackhawks this year, we see him continue to grow as a player and learn how to use his speed even more to put himself in the right positions offensively and defensively.

stalberg and dynamic should never be used in the same sentence. and no, skating fast doesnt equal him actually being a skilled skater which he is clearly not.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ we're back to the Stalberg debate again. Offseasons blow.

insert "blackhawks" Offeasons blow.

Its not a debate, he is fast no question, but hawkposter misinterprets his speed with being a skilled skater which are two different things. He sees things that arent there, for example bruno doing good at board battles and screening the goalie.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Stalberg 5.3 PS (4.1 OPS, 1.2 DPS)

Pretty good for aguy making under a million.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic has agreed to a five-year/$21 million contract extension with the San Jose Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.