2014 Chicago Cubs In-Season Discussion Thread

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It would be hard for Castro to get much worse than he has the last two years. I think Renteria will help him just by easing tensions and not trying to change his approach.

Rizzo has a sample size of hitting so far. He needs consistency and this whole year will paint his picture as a future piece or not for this team.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Boy the Red Sox are sure imbeciles with their World Series trophy a year after losing 93 games.

Stupid facts.

seriously bro, stop it. all you're doing is upping the cognitive dissonance. "but they've got a plan, just wait for the prospects, THEN we'll try to win."

czman

Liked Posts:
Put me on ignore? What are you like 10 years old or something?

I believe you had also stated that you would be joining that BRIGADE if the Cubs weren't doing anything in your timetable. Glad to see that you aren't holding up to your end of the bargain, but simply skating around it and passing it off with more excuses.

Heaven forbid a certain someone who always pointed out other people for coloring outside the lines can't simply say that he was wrong about something.

Now, go ahead and do the pubescent thing and put me on IGNORE. :clap:

Age has nothing to do with not having the time or inclination to deal with illiterate swine. If your goal is to be a person of no integrity, lie, and twist the truth there is no use dealing with you. I don't know why more people don't use the ignore.

As far as me joining the brigade, I already did. I am not happy and was not happy last off-season when it was obvious that they would not make it to 500 this year. The difference is, I don't act like a dripping twat. If Theo was gone at the end of his contract I would fine. He has done nothing as far as I am concerned to deserve a new contract.

I still have some perspective though.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Age has nothing to do with not having the time or inclination to deal with illiterate swine. If your goal is to be a person of no integrity, lie, and twist the truth there is no use dealing with you. I don't know why more people don't use the ignore.

As far as me joining the brigade, I already did. I am not happy and was not happy last off-season when it was obvious that they would not make it to 500 this year. The difference is, I don't act like a dripping twat. If Theo was gone at the end of his contract I would fine. He has done nothing as far as I am concerned to deserve a new contract.

I agree with that. After 2 years of turn over they passed the buck on Dale as the sacrificial lamb as payment of 2 years of intentional losing.

I was hoping that they were ready to start winning but as we have seen with signing another Feldman that the intention is to build up trade value and sell off again.

It is getting to the point of being stupid. To be honest the Rickett's are full of shit as owners. All they care about is their damn signs and new revenue's while bitching about it. VS winning games and increasing the box office draw.

Then they keep spoon feeding a load of future this and that crap and fans eat it up like good little lemmings.

Then again to be a Cub fan being a glutton for pain and misery is a requirement.

At least while Harry was alive it was entertaining. See what word he would slur next. Now it has become a twisted joke to watch this clown act.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Not until now have you said anything regarding your disappointment. See, that wasn't so hard.

If your goal is to be a person of no integrity, lie, and twist the truth there is no use dealing with you. I don't know why more people don't use the ignore.

When did I do any of this?

The difference is, I don't act like a dripping twat

You mean like this statement? ^ :shot:

Liked Posts:
czman,

I support you for adding Boo to your ignore list. In fact, I just added one extra poster to my own list.

I wonder who that could be?:wacko:

Liked Posts:
Agreed. It's dumb.

Ditto. Hope they don't plan to continue trotting Schierholtz every day. I'd argue the Sveum ruined him last year. This guy has no place in the Cubs' future and he hurts the team more than he helps at this point.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
czman,

I support you for adding Boo to your ignore list. In fact, I just added one extra poster to my own list.

I wonder who that could be?:wacko:

Ah yes! The resident snitch strikes yet again. How pathetic.

I'll just keep you on my ignorant list where you belong.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ah yes! The resident snitch strikes yet again. How pathetic.

I'll just keep you on my ignorant list where you belong.

Don't worry Boo, he's here to talk baseball :andruw:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by theberserkfury View Post
I'm with Junior...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs...f-playing-time

Agreed. It's dumb.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/22788/lake-frustrated-by-lack-of-playing-time

Jed Hoyer:

"A big part of why they've sat is the right-handers we've faced are two power, sinker-ball guys that do much better against righties than lefties," Hoyer said. "I think that's a big part of it. We'll pick our spots with those guys. We've given Ricky a team with a lot of versatility but that presents its own challenges for him. He has to keep everyone happy, keep everyone playing. Performance will ultimately determine who plays a lot."

First off they have tto go by upside here. But I get the tough RH or LH match up.

Olt: .158/.158/.474
Valbuena: .250/.429/.250

Hard to justify one way or the other here.

Lake:........273/.333/.500
Sweeney: .118/.200/.118
Kalish:.... .167/.286/.417

Sweeney is not even replacement level.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people think Castro has had two bad years? He had one. The year before wasnt his best year, but in no way was it a bad year. Even his range factor on defense was well above major league average.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Why do people think Castro has had two bad years? He had one. The year before wasnt his best year, but in no way was it a bad year. Even his range factor on defense was well above major league average.

It isn't his bat Silence. It is his mental make-up. That's the hurdle to overcome. Hopefully, Renteria will get through and aide him in this area of concern.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't his bat Silence. It is his mental make-up. That's the hurdle to overcome. Hopefully, Renteria will get through and aide him in this area of concern.

Truthfully, I think he just needs to be on Adderall. He seems to ADD, but the league wouldnt allow that. Like I said on another topic, he looked like the leader on defense last night. Calling off people. Making nice range plays. People mature. He is still only 24. People act like he is a ten year vet. If this team wasnt so bad, Castro probably wouldnt even be talked about. Lets see where he goes. Baez has already committed some errors in AAA.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

He's been bad since like the first week of May 2012. He's got time to turn it around, but he's not been the player his check says he is.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Truthfully, I think he just needs to be on Adderall. He seems to ADD, but the league wouldnt allow that. Like I said on another topic, he looked like the leader on defense last night. Calling off people. Making nice range plays. People mature. He is still only 24. People act like he is a ten year vet. If this team wasnt so bad, Castro probably wouldnt even be talked about. Lets see where he goes. Baez has already committed some errors in AAA.

Don't like Baez at SS. I want him using his bat which is his strength. It will either be Castro, or they will go outside of the organization to find a SS.

They had an interesting piece on Matt Carpenter of the Cardinals. He had said that when you play up the middle, you always have to look at every pitch and react, every catchers signal, batting stance, and communicate with the rest of the players.

When you get moved to 3rd base, it is a reactionary position. You either glove it or it's by you.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't like Baez at SS. I want him using his bat which is his strength. It will either be Castro, or they will go outside of the organization to find a SS.

They had an interesting piece on Matt Carpenter of the Cardinals. He had said that when you play up the middle, you always have to look at every pitch and react, every catchers signal, batting stance, and communicate with the rest of the players.

When you get moved to 3rd base, it is a reactionary position. You either glove it or it's by you.

Depends if he gets his D under control. Right now he is at 3 in Iowa but that field looks like shit. Late winter tore it up.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been bad since like the first week of May 2012. He's got time to turn it around, but he's not been the player his check says he is.

Almost all players arent worth their check

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But he is at:

3 for 22. First time playing up in the cold most likely. Fla H.S. 1st year stayed in Azl until late year went to Peoria. Last year back in Fla in Apr. Not used to it.

But 2 BB in 22 AB's that part is good 10% BB rate. 9 SO is just bad in general.

He is far from ready.