2014 DRAFT CHAT

CSF77

Liked Posts:
At least he is still a catcher. If he hits the show as a catcher with 20 HR power it changes the dynamics of the team looking ahead. They could run Alcantara in LF and Almora in CF and Soler in RF. Fast OF with Alcantara and Almora hitting 1/2.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ignorance is bliss. Let's run up a half a billion in payroll guys!

Nobody in this thread said that.

But keep whining, crying, and throwing a sippy cup.

Sorry I'm not impressed with the most losses in a 3 season stretch.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody in this thread said that.

But keep whining, crying, and throwing a sippy cup.

Sorry I'm not impressed with the most losses in a 3 season stretch.

I never said that it was stated in this thread. However, the main thinking outside of growing the farm is spend spend spend. Sorry if I'm not impressed with a large payroll and first round exits back to back. I'm sure you would do a great job as a GM Fisch.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I never said that it was stated in this thread. However, the main thinking outside of growing the farm is spend spend spend. Sorry if I'm not impressed with a large payroll and first round exits back to back. I'm sure you would do a great job as a GM Fisch.

So wait a minute?

You'd rather lose 100 games than reach the playoffs and lose :lmao:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sands has signed for $1.1 million.

Well unless Cease wants something way higher than the Cubs will have money to try to run at Gilliam, Cantu or Peters. Unfortunately getting the sneaky suspicion that Cease wants close to 2 mil.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@jimcallisMLB: More on @Cubs 5th-rder Justin Steele's $1 mil bonus. Pick 139 value = $359,900. Miss. HS LHP w/88-92 FB, touches 95, improving CB. @MLBDraft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs locked up Stinnett to $1 mil deal. Few hundred k under slot. I'm wondering if they will have enough to lock up Cease. I think between his slot and what they have left they will be around $1.5 mil to offer. It's possible that's enough but I don't know.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs locked up Stinnett to $1 mil deal. Few hundred k under slot. I'm wondering if they will have enough to lock up Cease. I think between his slot and what they have left they will be around $1.5 mil to offer. It's possible that's enough but I don't know.

Unless Cease wants crazy money than I think he gets signed but that is the rest of the bonus. I have no hopes of being able to lure Gilliam or Peters. Cantu is already declared he is going to college.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Unless Cease wants crazy money than I think he gets signed but that is the rest of the bonus. I have no hopes of being able to lure Gilliam or Peters. Cantu is already declared he is going to college.

I sort of feel like if he were to get a Sands type contract they would have already done the deal. I'm guessing he wants more than that. Honestly, Cease looked the most interesting to me so if that means missing out on Peters and Gilliam I'm pretty ok with that.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sort of feel like if he were to get a Sands type contract they would have already done the deal. I'm guessing he wants more than that. Honestly, Cease looked the most interesting to me so if that means missing out on Peters and Gilliam I'm pretty ok with that.

I am guessing Cease is looking to maximize his return, but considering he is probably getting TJS it would be in his interesting to do it on a MLB team's dime. We will see, but I feel pretty confident in the FO getting their first ten picks signed and taking the budget up to that 5% over cap.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep Cease signs and that is their draft pool plus most of the 5% overage like every year.