whick week do we start?

• Total voters

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cuz he has the best talent around him. Yet he still manages to fuck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair last Sunday all he had was marty as Alshon and Brandon was hurt

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler plays on a mediocre football team. He's a qb who makes dumb mistakes playing QB for a mediocre football team.

The team as a whole is mediocre, largely because of defense and depth. The offense has enough talent on it for the Bears to be one of those teams like the Colts and Saints of several years ago who win simply because their offense can outscore anyone. But Cutler's mistakes prevent them from being at that level. Our weakest link in the skill position group is it's most important feature, and that makes winning hard.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team as a whole is mediocre, largely because of defense and depth. The offense has enough talent on it for the Bears to be one of those teams like the Colts and Saints of several years ago who win simply because their offense can outscore anyone. But Cutler's mistakes prevent them from being at that level. Our weakest link in the skill position group is it's most important feature, and that makes winning hard.

..and who do you recommend that we get to replace him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Beat the 0-5 Giants and the Browns. Lost to the Saints, Lions twice, Packers, Redskins, Eagles and Bills.

McCown went 3-2 as a Bear.

With a loss Sunday the Bears are 2-8 in their last ten with Cutler?

Does this concern anyone?
So you're saying he's due. Works for me.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
..and who do you recommend that we get to replace him?

Again with this....it's like anytime someone is critical of Cutler the immediate response is well who do you replace him with or he is the best Bears QB ever. The only chance the Bears had of replacing him was this past offseason but they went with re-signing him. Everyone fucking knows that the Bears have tied themselves to Cutler for the next 3 years (4 years by HHM math), just because the fans are stuck with him for a minimum of 3 years doesn't mean we can't be critical of the mistakes he keeps making.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yes, but they do have stats, and averaging over an interception a game in your career is rarely a recipe for winning football games.

really? then why the wins for brett favre, terry bradshaw, eli manning, kurt warner, dan marino, warren moon?

(elway, simms, staubach, brees all nearly average 1 int per start)

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
growing pains. lots of rookies and new players from FA. still some holes to fill for sure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think if we lose Sunday the McCaskey's should shut down the Chicago Bears. They're obviously not good enough for this league. We are an embarrassment for the NFL. Maybe we can somehow get moved down to the SEC.

Whoa bro....calm down. With a quick look at the schedule we could be an average team and go 0-10 before beating the Bucs. If we are a good team with bad breaks we could easily go 3-7 or something catostrophic for the stability of us in here and getting along.....I'm hoping there is still a chance we are a great team by mid season and find a way to go 7-3. It could happen!!

But thats even if we go 0-2 which I most certainly think we will. Lets not panick after 0-2 ok? We gotta beat the Jets. Thats on my mind first. We gotta beat the Jets.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
In 3 years everyone will be gone and we can start this all over again. Floss, brush, rinse , repeat. That is what the bears have turned into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think what I am more concerned about is the 5-9 record of the Bears since the 3-0 start last season, as someone earlier pointed out.

That's a horrible record. Very concerning if you are a fan and look *beyond* a singular player such as Cutler. Really makes me question about Trestman and Emerys team.

Yup, sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Bears something like 9-18 in the last three years after starting out hot each year?

--Started 7-3, finished 1-5

--Started 7-1, finished 3-5

--Started 3-0, finished 5-8

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Again with this....it's like anytime someone is critical of Cutler the immediate response is well who do you replace him with or he is the best Bears QB ever. The only chance the Bears had of replacing him was this past offseason but they went with re-signing him. Everyone fucking knows that the Bears have tied themselves to Cutler for the next 3 years (4 years by HHM math), just because the fans are stuck with him for a minimum of 3 years doesn't mean we can't be critical of the mistakes he keeps making.

I'm a Cutler cuddler, but I do think it was a bad move not to franchise him for this year and see what happens. There's really no downside to that option.

They could have gotten a young (good) quarterback in the draft to learn for at least a year, with a keen eye on Cutler's future following the year. I don't understand it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, with the non-fucking-stop Cutler QQ on this forum, I wish we would have gotten rid of Cutler and pulled Craig Krenzel out of retirement. I'm just so tired of the fucktards that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, can do nothing but blame Cutler.

When all you can focus on is Cutler, it honestly makes you sound like you don't know anything about football. The same goes with people who think Cutler shares NONE of the blame.

The Bears play as a team. The Bears win and lose as a team. I could name 10 reasons why we didn't win that game. 1 of which is Cutler's costly interceptions. Hell, I'll give you 2. But then there are 9 other reasons that we didn't win Sunday.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whoa bro....calm down. With a quick look at the schedule we could be an average team and go 0-10 before beating the Bucs. If we are a good team with bad breaks we could easily go 3-7 or something catostrophic for the stability of us in here and getting along.....I'm hoping there is still a chance we are a great team by mid season and find a way to go 7-3. It could happen!!

But thats even if we go 0-2 which I most certainly think we will. Lets not panick after 0-2 ok? We gotta beat the Jets. Thats on my mind first. We gotta beat the Jets.

I said it at the beginning of the season, the Bears will finish stronger then they started. Only question is, can they get out of this first half hole they will dig themselves in?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
he went 3-2, including beating green bay IN green bay. facts are facts.

I guess it's actually 3-3. So much better than Cutler.

Washington - Loss

Green Bay - Win

Baltimore - Win

St. Louis - Loss

Minnesota - Loss

Dallas - Win

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
actually we can't go 7-3, I've come to grips with that. 5-5 would probably be enough to make the playoffs, and I think its the best we can start.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Ha. Stuck? Please.

One damn game and a decent one at that before our top 3 WRs go out with injuries, and some of you are falling off the damn wagon already.

Some of you overreact so much it's hilarious.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm a Cutler cuddler, but I do think it was a bad move not to franchise him for this year and see what happens. There's really no downside to that option.

They could have gotten a young (good) quarterback in the draft to learn for at least a year, with a keen eye on Cutler's future following the year. I don't understand it.
ohhhhh but the members of this boards dream came true. The unknown. The Rookie. The Future.

David Fales.