2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is banter on both sides but the Cutler fanboys are by far the more irrational side (telling people they hate him, want the Bears to lose, etc .... )

Vs people who want Cutler replaced, but they have no idea by who

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you're so full of shit. For one, you are not neutral on cutler. Two, don't pretend that only those critical of Jay gets bashed. Everyone that has an opinion on Jay will get attacked by those with an opposite opinion. That's how it's always been, and that's how it will continue to be.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you're so full of shit. For one, you are not neutral on cutler. Two, don't pretend that only those critical of Jay gets bashed. Everyone that has an opinion on Jay will get attacked by those with an opposite opinion. That's how it's always been, and that's how it will continue to be.

99501-Game-of-Thrones-cheers-gif-Img-k9IU.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This whole season went to shit when cutler injured Wilson in the preseason.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vs people who want Cutler replaced, but they have no idea by who

Most of the Cutler critics had a plan they'd have preferred over signing him long term. What I hoped was for the team to keep McCown on a two year contract and draft a replacement either this year or next, with McCown steering the ship if the rook wasn't ready to go right away.

So don't start with all this "they want him replaced but have no idea by who" shit now. He's signed and we have to live with at least FOUR MORE YEARS of frustration, but that doesn't mean we have to sit quietly and pretend the infuriating stuff he does to hurt the team isn't happening, like you seem to prefer.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "name the replacement" ship sailed last year. Most of the Cutler critics had a plan they'd have preferred over signing him long term. What I hoped was for the team to keep McCown on a two year contract and draft a replacement either this year or next, with McCown steering the ship if the rook wasn't ready to go.

So don't start with all this "they want him replaced but have no idea by who" shit now. He's signed and we have to live with at least FOUR MORE YEARS of frustration, but that doesn't mean we have to sit quietly and pretend the infuriating shit he does to hurt the team isn't happening, like you seem to prefer to do.

Its still pertinent till someone can come up with a viable replacement

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Most of the Cutler critics had a plan they'd have preferred over signing him long term. What I hoped was for the team to keep McCown on a two year contract and draft a replacement either this year or next, with McCown steering the ship if the rook wasn't ready to go right away.

So don't start with all this "they want him replaced but have no idea by who" shit now. He's signed and we have to live with at least FOUR MORE YEARS of frustration, but that doesn't mean we have to sit quietly and pretend the infuriating stuff he does to hurt the team isn't happening, like you seem to prefer.

Actually just 3 more years.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Its still pertinent till someone can come up with a viable replacement

Josh "pron is bad for you" McCown?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
There is banter on both sides but the Cutler fanboys are by far the more irrational side (telling people they hate him, want the Bears to lose, etc .... )
No, you guys are all irrational and point fingers at the other side as being more irrational, when reality is more towards the middle of both.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
josh mccown
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3609/josh-mccown

jay cutler
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9597/jay-cutler

ill take jay everytime and twice on sundays...

do we need to draft a young qb to replace him and grow our own montana/marino/manning/brady hell yes but id rather have jay in the seat till then than josh
People don't seem to realize that mccown had a once in a lifetime run last season and was very unlikely to duplicate anywhere near that type of success. With the pieces the bears had in place offensively, and the need for a complete defensive rebuild, replacing Jay with a rookie or mccown was a pretty unrealistic plan. At least if you expected to win now like the bears do.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People don't seem to realize that mccown had a once in a lifetime run last season and was very unlikely to duplicate anywhere near that type of success. With the pieces the bears had in place offensively, and the need for a complete defensive rebuild, replacing Jay with a rookie or mccown was a pretty unrealistic plan.

Cutler haters being realistic?...cmon man

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How about a dose of oxycontin? I would think you have that.
Can't help you with your drug habit, I'm clean as a whistle.