2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he almost tossed a int. in the O.T/ vs the Bills

There used to be a thread where I had a tally going. Jay is up to three clear interception drops. I'm only counting the drops , not the ones where guys almost got there. The thread got moved into the Jay slop after people started whining and going off topic.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McKown "almost" tossed THREE picks against the Cowboys last year. Two dropped , one called back by penalty. I didn't see people bashing him.

You must be kidding. On this board and on all the sports talk shows ,people could not stopping talking about the McCown dropped interceptions.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You must be kidding. On this board and on all the sports talk shows ,people could not stopping talking about the McCown dropped interceptions.
Haha.. The pro-Cutler crowd did nothing but point out ALMOST INTs from McCown. They started to count more than real INTs on this forum.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha.. The pro-Cutler crowd did nothing but point out ALMOST INTs from McCown. They started to count more than real INTs on this forum.

Which was then attacked by the anti_Cutler crowd for being as dumb as it is. So now anti-Cutler crowd keeps tabs on almost Ints, and then gets called dumb for it. We have now come full circle.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Which was then attacked by the anti_Cutler crowd for being as dumb as it is. So now anti-Cutler crowd keeps tabs on almost Ints, and then gets called dumb for it. We have now come full circle.

I actually took that thread as a joke, kind of like saying "well you shit on McCown for these almost int's, how about we keep track of Cutlers almost int's"...was that thread not a joke?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Cutler this year has doubled McCown's 2013 actual INT total?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
On a side note...my fellow Vikings rubes at work last week were glad they don't have a QB like Cutler.

This week they want a QB that can mount a comeback like Cutler

Vikings fans are the best

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually took that thread as a joke, kind of like saying "well you shit on McCown for these almost int's, how about we keep track of Cutlers almost int's"...was that thread not a joke?

Not sure. The OP is not someone I am familiar with so hard for me to know what type of poster they are.

Cutler this year has doubled McCown's 2013 actual INT total?

Not sure where you're going with this, but McCown has tripled his 2013 INT total so far this year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I went back, and tallied Cutler's numbers, after Dial speared him in the chest. They are nothing short of elite.

Jay went 15 of 16 for 138 yards and 4 TDs...making for a completion percentage of 93.75 (elite) a yards/attempt of 8.625 (elite) a TD ratio of 25% (one out of every 4 passes was a TD-elite) and a passer rating of 142.18 (elite).

All of this was against one of the best defenses in football, who completely took away the run game.

It was an amazing performance-especially when you factor in that the Niners had the ball for the first 9 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Not sure. The OP is not someone I am familiar with so hard for me to know what type of poster they are.

Not really familiar with him either, but the way some treated the "almost int's" last year with McCown I can only assume it was a joke or troll job by the OP. Definitely made me laugh

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I thought it was some good humor too.

Some of the reasons for diminishing McCown's accomplishments last year were downright humorous.

Not enough game film on him

Receivers are really good

Weak opponents

Just plain lucky

Had "insert number" almost INT's in said game

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
I thought it was some good humor too.

Some of the reasons for diminishing McCown's accomplishments last year were downright humorous.

Not enough game film on him

Receivers are really good

Weak opponents

Just plain lucky

Had "insert number" almost INT's in said game

Cutler gets more of that sort of thing. If Cutler throws a ball and it's "almost" picked off it goes down as a "HUGE mistake that could have cost us the game"

If Cutler has a great game and the team wins, it's because of the defense, running game, opponent turnovers, etc. If Cutler has even a great game and the team loses, it's because of his "body language" or his "I don't care"(total nonsense) attitude.

The guy can't win with some fans, so McKown can eat it when it happens to him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler gets more of that sort of thing. If Cutler throws a ball and it's "almost" picked off it goes down as a "HUGE mistake that could have cost us the game"

If Cutler has a great game and the team wins, it's because of the defense, running game, opponent turnovers, etc. If Cutler has even a great game and the team loses, it's because of his "body language" or his "I don't care"(total nonsense) attitude.

The guy can't win with some fans, so McKown can eat it when it happens to him.

So Cutler did well against the 9ers because there wasn't enough game film on him?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's definitely tongue in cheek.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Um, the "anti-Cutler" crowd has been talking about almost INTs for years. The same was done with the "anti-Rex" crowd. Let's not pretend it started with Josh.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
So Cutler did well against the 9ers because there wasn't enough game film on him?

No, because he got speared right in the chest. No, cuz Marshall is his receiver. No, Fueller got those ints. No, cuz he started
with good field position. No, cuz Kyle Long showed passion. Yeah that's exactly what it was not enough film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk