2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I just went and looked at the play by play for week one, I somehow got my sequence of events all fucked up. They were tied when Cutler threw the pick. But then he did get the ball back down, so never mind.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
f43c68bacbc562ca38f7fa937b286526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man look at the similarities between 5,6, and 7. Marino Elway Manning. That's no coincidence great list happy to see Jayboy up there. LOL Rodgers less than .20% winning percentage

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's an interesting stat for sure. Also interesting, assuming these numbers are accurate and the W-L records at pro-football-reference.com are accurate...

Jay is credited with 10 more total games than Rodgers (games that count as W or L).

Yet still with 10 less games, here are the total wins that each quarterback is credited wth that is not while trailing in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Rodgers 54
Cutler 35

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's an interesting stat for sure. Also interesting, assuming these numbers are accurate and the W-L records at pro-football-reference.com are accurate...

Jay is credited with 10 more total games than Rodgers (games that count as W or L).

Yet still with 10 less games, here are the total wins that each quarterback is credited wth that is not while trailing in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Rodgers 54
Cutler 35

So you're saying Rodgers has been on a better team? Good call.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the media will depict certain players how they want and the lemmings believe it....

#cuttydoesit

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If he could turn that corner in qtrs 1-3, we'd have ourselves a top-tier QB

Chinese

Liked Posts:
cutler is clutch so long as it's not a big game or against The Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
the media will depict certain players how they want and the lemmings believe it....

#cuttydoesit

Yup. I've got an uncle who's a big time Cowboys fan. One day while watching a game together, he asked me, as a Bears fan, what I thought of Cutler.

I told him good tough QB, not great. Prone to mistakes but will win you some games you otherwise wouldn't have.

He was surprised by the last comment and asked me what I meant. I told him he has the highest 4th quarter passer rating in the NFL.

He straight up didn't believe me, to the point he then got up, went to the computer to look it up, then said, "Well, I'll be damned..."

You see, my uncle was the perfect representation of a good NFL fan---ALWAYS watches his team, has knowledge of the rest of the league. And to him, Cutler was this terrible QB who threw a bunch of picks all the time and OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU NOT KEEP MCCOWN OVER CUTLER.

These people think this way because that's what the pundits and NFL-based shows they worship tell them. You can bet your ass if Manning had the best 4th quarter passer rating, they'd flash that up on the screen all the time. But they don't with Cutler because it doesn't fit the narrative. And NFL pundits are all about narrative.

(NOTE: This was back in 2012. I believe since then, Romo and Cutler have traded the 4th quarter title back and forth)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he could turn that corner in qtrs 1-3, we'd have ourselves a top-tier QB

Pretty sure the other 10 guys on the field need to do their part as well. Just sayin.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying Rodgers has been on a better team? Good call.

No that wasn't the point. In Rodger's wins the team is generally ahead in the final minutes of the game. That's good.

If I was trying to point out that Rodgers was on a better team I would fail. How would explain how poorly the Packers did with the 3 stooges last season?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hold the banana phone there for a second. So you're saying that the team who is repeatedly not down a score in the final moments of a game is not better? Seems legit.

Last edited:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold the banana phone there for a second. So you're saying that at team who is repeatedly not down a score in the final moments of a game is not better? Seems legit.

The team is better with Rodgers. I'd imagine they were repeatedly in that position with the other guys. So I guess if you want to be technical, the 52 other players besides the quarterback are not necessarily the better set of players based on the stat the comment was made about. And that is what the comment implied.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Packers were fielding a stronger team across the board for the majority of Rodgers' career. Its only now that your GM's shit drafting has caught up to reality.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Cutler has almost always had a better run defense, pass defense, running game, and special teams than Rodgers, while the OLs have generally both been bad. The Bears have almost always been an otherwise better team except for QB and at times receivers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler has almost always had a better run defense, pass defense, running game, and special teams than Rodgers, while the OLs have generally both been bad. The Bears have almost always been an otherwise better team except for QB and at times receivers.

This team had nothing to hang its hat on other than Cutler and Forte until recently by way of Emery and Trestman. In case you had not noticed throughout Lovie's years here, defense won over fans not playoff games or championships. Offense is where we needed a helping hand and Lovie's dumbass could have had Trestman here as his OC if he wasn't so afraid of hiring a subordinate good enough to take his own job.