2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Just like game 17 in Jan 2010 when the Bears were down 10-3 with the ball late in the 4th quarter driving down the field and Jay throws the game winner to eliminate GB's playoff bid! Wait....

Fuck. He threw an int to end that one and then the Packers kicked our asses in the NFCCG... My bad.

Or, I know.

Just like last year in game 17 when we were up late in the game and Rodgers marched down the field and choked! wait...

Fuck. He threw the game winner to Cobb. My bad.

I mean right after that when Jay got the ball back and drove down the field for the score! wait....

Fuck. He threw 2 horrible passes and then an int to end the game. My bad.

But at least Jay is clutch when it doesn't matter!!!

Just deal with the facts and post Cutler's ridiculous amount of comebacks as well....oh wait......that list is too long for you...

And oh...wait.....those games don't count because I am sure he isn't trying as hard in those games huh :talktohand:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Is that 1 of Rodgers 5 whole 4th quarter comebacks in his long career? Just look at the OP stats there and enjoy those "painful" facts.

I'd much rather point these facts out visually...like why does the 1 out of the 5 have to end the Bears season?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Well considering this thread is about an offensive stat and my initial postings were about how the Packers had a better team across the board (overall) for the majority of Rodgers' career, I wasn't the one changing the argument.

Lovie Smith was notorious for making shit coaching hires. He did not surround himself with people who had a chance in hell of taking his job. The best hires he made were Ron Rivera and Rod Marinelli. Neither of which had a chance of taking his job.

Our offensive line took several years to fall apart to the level it was when Cutler arrived in Chicago. It was not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The quarterbacks were without a doubt shit. I'll give you that.

The stat in the OP isn't an offensive stat, it is a team stat. It reflects on the entire team, and Cutler has almost always been on a better all around team than Rodgers.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Just deal with the facts and post Cutler's ridiculous amount of comebacks as well....oh wait......that list is too long for you...

And oh...wait.....those games don't count because I am sure he isn't trying as hard in those games huh :talktohand:

Don't you mean Bear's comebacks?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kinda surprised to see Matt Ryan that high.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The stat in the OP isn't an offensive stat, it is a team stat. It reflects on the entire team, and Cutler has almost always been on a better all around team than Rodgers.

You can't be serious. How many defensive players do you see on that stat's list? Actually don't even bother responding. You're just trolling.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You can't be serious. How many defensive players do you see on that stat's list? Actually don't even bother responding. You're just trolling.

Please tell us how that is not a team stat.

That's right, you can't. You can't actually justify any of your positions in this thread.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Cutlers 4th Q comebacks to win a playoff game + 4th Q comebacks to get the Bears into the playoffs + 4th Q comebacks to knock GB out of the playoffs + 4th Q comeback wins to beat Greenbay (even if not critical):

ZERO

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trollololololol. Kudos sir.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Doesn't Mike Brown get an honorary mention?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Don't you mean Bear's comebacks?

Yeah....You are right because the Defense usually scores our last drive when we are behind huh? (even though Cutler has the ball)

Where do they find your kind brah? Stick to the OP topic. I know you are wrong soo often but once in a while you can just stick to the subject at hand and the facts without trying to change the topic....unsuccessfully.

By the way, it is simple math so try to keep up:

51% >>>> 17% guess which is Cutler and which one is Rodgers

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Cutlers 4th Q comebacks to win a playoff game + 4th Q comebacks to get the Bears into the playoffs + 4th Q comebacks to knock GB out of the playoffs + 4th Q comeback wins to beat Greenbay (even if not critical):

ZERO

Again...the OP and the facts say:

51% > 17% FACTS

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Mike Brown's improbable back to back overtime pick 6's will never again be matched. Those remain some of the most ridiculous wins I have experienced. Completely surreal.
Especially the way they cameback against the Browns, the 9ers game was crazy too. But the Browns will always be remembered for the Bears being down 21-7 with 1:40 left in the game, the score, onside kick recovery, and the hail mary to James Allen. And of course the MB TD.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah....You are right because the Defense usually scores our last drive when we are behind huh? (even though Cutler has the ball)

Where do they find your kind brah? Stick to the OP topic. I know you are wrong soo often but once in a while you can just stick to the subject at hand and the facts without trying to change the topic....unsuccessfully.

By the way, it is simple math so try to keep up:

51% >>>> 17% guess which is Cutler and which one is Rodgers

Most of Jays comebacks are hail-mary passes?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Where do they find your kind brah? Stick to the OP topic. I know you are wrong soo often but once in a while you can just stick to the subject at hand and the facts

THere is no doubt Jay has been clutch in non-playoff and non-critical games.

However, It's just that your "facts" are hard to take seriously when they're completely wrong...

2i6p89w.jpg

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yeah but that doesn't include how many times they were in that position to begin with. IE: Toal Games. It only shows wins and ties.

Even still. The OP's hand created JPG has him at 22 when the actual stat for true comebacks is 17.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Even still. The OP's hand created JPG has him at 22 when the actual stat for true comebacks is 17.

Yeah I looked and I'm not seeing 22 on any sites. Of course it could be 22 depending on how the stat is collected. Regardless, Cutler has done well.