2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the other 10 guys on the field need to do their part as well. Just sayin.

Logic does not work with this one...we will just let the OP stats be the little facts that they are and watch who is in denial. We all know the names that are going to list excuses......waiting......:dealwithit:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler has almost always had a better run defense, pass defense, running game, and special teams than Rodgers, while the OLs have generally both been bad. The Bears have almost always been an otherwise better team except for QB and at times receivers.

This is accurate. Until recently the Packers had the better receivers but even that could be attributed to Rodgers. Jennings and Jones are quality receivers but I don't expect them in the Pro Bowl. Driver was at the end of his career. But yes, the defense, special teams and run game have always been better for the Bears. And according to this board Cutler has always had an elite running back.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Packers were fielding a stronger team across the board for the majority of Rodgers' career. Its only now that your GM's shit drafting has caught up to reality.

This. The Packers had a good defense for a while there. And they always had a solid secondary. If anything, their weakness were any linebackers not named Clay. So a solid secondary, while the Packers pass rush ruined our Oline and Cutler... probably made the Packers look a bit better than they were.

They always had a better offense. We had Forte, and now we probably have slightly better WRs and a better TE. But even with Marshall and a rookie Alshon, their WR corps > ours. Now we have the edge there.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Pretty sure the other 10 guys on the field need to do their part as well. Just sayin.

You sure about that? I thought it was more about the playcalling in the 1st 3 qtrs

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
This team had nothing to hang its hat on other than Cutler and Forte until recently by way of Emery and Trestman. In case you had not noticed throughout Lovie's years here, defense won over fans not playoff games or championships. Offense is where we needed a helping hand and Lovie's dumbass could have had Trestman here as his OC if he wasn't so afraid of hiring a subordinate good enough to take his own job.

One: you're trying to change to subject now that reality has hit you in the face and pointed out that the Bears have been better than the Packers minus the QB/WR position from 2010-2014, but always ended up worse because of the passing game. Rodgers poor record closing games is largely a reflection of his defense blowing leads, his running game not running the clock out, his defense not being able to stop other teams from running out the clock, and not having Robbie Gould in the clutch. Things Cutler has rarely had to deal with.

Two: Why would Lovie have been afraid of Trestman taking his job? Trestman could not even hold down coordinator or offensive assistant jobs. He isn't and wasn't HC material.

Three: If Smith hired Trestman he would not have done anything with Grossman/Krenzel/Hutchinson/Quinn throwing to Terrell/Wade/Gage behind the leagues worst line and he would have been fired to. Nobody had a chance with that team.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Logic does not work with this one...we will just let the OP stats be the little facts that they are and watch who is in denial. We all know the names that are going to list excuses......waiting......:dealwithit:

I did a brief search (12 second) because the OP stats seemed strange. "In the final minutes". How is that defined? I sort of like to have things defined more precisely than that. My brief search led me to a list of the quarterbacks in 2012. Rodgers was dead last as expected. Tops on the list was Tim Tebow.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You sure about that? I thought it was more about the playcalling in the 1st 3 qtrs

You sure about that? I thought it was everything together. The play call, the personnel, the players' execution. You won't get an argument out of me if you take a shot at the play calling in the first half of the game. There were questionable play calls for sure.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I did a brief search (12 second) because the OP stats seemed strange. "In the final minutes". How is that defined? I sort of like to have things defined more precisely than that. My brief search led me to a list of the quarterbacks in 2012. Rodgers was dead last as expected. Tops on the list was Tim Tebow.

This is only because Tebow falls forward

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Let's stick to the subject at hand here and not get off topic. Regardless of who is ahead or behind, the point is in the 4th quarter when a qb needs a score and to be clutch...Rodgers has been atrocious and Cutler is amazing. That is it. Cold hard facts here.

This is about qb play late in the clutch...on OFFENSE. Rodgers has had the way better offense, playcalling, OL, especially WRs and Finley...wow. No contest. Packer apologists....just stop. It is really sad going off and changing the subject. It is what it is. Rodgers is better overall, but Cutler is worlds better in the clutch with a way worse offense too. Those are the facts in this topic. Deal with it

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
f43c68bacbc562ca38f7fa937b286526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like their math is wrong for Cutler...his win % should be .550...which would make him #3 on the list.

But if we are going to hang our hats on these fact here what years are these stats counting? If we are going to start saying those wins are solely on Cutler, then posters cannot get pissed when people start blaming Cutler for losses. Because a lot of people were thrown to the wolves because they were blaming Cutler for the loss against Buffalo and we had people crying that it was a team loss and it wasn't all Cutler's fault (for clarity, I said numerous times that it was a team loss...I just got frustrated with the late boneheaded play). Posters can't cry foul when people blame Cutler for the losses and say it was because of the team when they win and then do the complete opposite and say it was because of Cutler that the Bears got those wins and just glance over the team aspect.

You can't have it both ways, if we are going to attach a wins and losses to Cutler... you can't get up in arms when people blame him for a loss, even when the defense shits the bed.

**I am using "you" in a general sense and not directing this post at the OP or any one in particular.**

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Let's stick to the subject at hand here and not get off topic. Regardless of who is ahead or behind, the point is in the 4th quarter when a qb needs a score and to be clutch...Rodgers has been atrocious and Cutler is amazing. That is it. Cold hard facts here.

Painful reminder

[video=youtube;OSHhohzylpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHhohzylpk[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One: you're trying to change to subject now that reality has hit you in the face and pointed out that the Bears have been better than the Packers minus the QB/WR position from 2010-2014, but always ended up worse because of the passing game. Rodgers poor record closing games is largely a reflection of his defense blowing leads, his running game not running the clock out, his defense not being able to stop other teams from running out the clock, and not having Robbie Gould in the clutch. Things Cutler has rarely had to deal with.

Two: Why would Lovie have been afraid of Trestman taking his job? Trestman could not even hold down coordinator or offensive assistant jobs. He isn't and wasn't HC material.

Three: If Smith hired Trestman he would not have done anything with Grossman/Krenzel/Hutchinson/Quinn throwing to Terrell/Wade/Gage behind the leagues worst line and he would have been fired to. Nobody had a chance with that team.

Do you actually believe your own bullshit?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Let's stick to the subject at hand here and not get off topic. Regardless of who is ahead or behind, the point is in the 4th quarter when a qb needs a score and to be clutch...Rodgers has been atrocious and Cutler is amazing. T

Just like game 17 in Jan 2010 when the Bears were down 10-3 with the ball late in the 4th quarter driving down the field and Jay throws the game winner to eliminate GB's playoff bid! Wait....

Fuck. He threw an int to end that one and then the Packers kicked our asses in the NFCCG... My bad.

Or, I know.

Just like last year in game 17 when we were up late in the game and Rodgers marched down the field and choked! wait...

Fuck. He threw the game winner to Cobb. My bad.

I mean right after that when Jay got the ball back and drove down the field for the score! wait....

Fuck. He threw 2 horrible passes and then an int to end the game. My bad.

But at least Jay is clutch when it doesn't matter!!!

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

I'm arguing with a guy who says

1: Having a better running game, run defense, pass defense, special teams unit and comparable offensive line isn't as important as having better receivers from 2010-2012.

2: Lovie Smith did not hire Trestman because he was afraid of someone taking his job, the year after Trestman was once again fired from being an OC and not one other team was willing to hire him as an OC.

3: Trestman would not have been fired because of Grossman/Quinn/Krenzel/Hutchinson.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I did a brief search (12 second) because the OP stats seemed strange.

Internets are pretty slow up to trailer parks up 'dere in wisconsin, aren't they.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm arguing with a guy who says

1: Having a better running game, run defense, pass defense, special teams unit and comparable offensive line isn't as important as having better receivers from 2010-2012.

2: Lovie Smith did not hire Trestman because he was afraid of someone taking his job, the year after Trestman was once again fired from being an OC and not one other team was willing to hire him as an OC.

3: Trestman would not have been fired because of Grossman/Quinn/Krenzel/Hutchinson.

Well considering this thread is about an offensive stat and my initial postings were about how the Packers had a better team across the board (overall) for the majority of Rodgers' career, I wasn't the one changing the argument.

Lovie Smith was notorious for making shit coaching hires. He did not surround himself with people who had a chance in hell of taking his job. The best hires he made were Ron Rivera and Rod Marinelli. Neither of which had a chance of taking his job.

Our offensive line took several years to fall apart to the level it was when Cutler arrived in Chicago. It was not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The quarterbacks were without a doubt shit. I'll give you that.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just like game 17 in Jan 2010 when the Bears were down 10-3 with the ball late in the 4th quarter driving down the field and Jay throws the game winner to eliminate GB's playoff bid! Wait....

Fuck. He threw an int to end that one and then the Packers kicked our asses in the NFCCG... My bad.

Or, I know.

Just like last year in game 17 when we were up late in the game and Rodgers marched down the field and choked! wait...

Fuck. He threw the game winner to Cobb. My bad.

I mean right after that when Jay got the ball back and drove down the field for the score! wait....

Fuck. He threw 2 horrible passes and then an int to end the game. My bad.

But at least Jay is clutch when it doesn't matter!!!

Sorry, you're posting in the wrong board. Here you go:

https://www.packerforum.com/

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Painful reminder

[video=youtube;OSHhohzylpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHhohzylpk[/video]

Is that 1 of Rodgers 5 whole 4th quarter comebacks in his long career? Just look at the OP stats there and enjoy those "painful" facts.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Sorry, you're posting in the wrong board. Here you go:

I see. So if you're unhappy with how a Bears player played in 2 critical games, you must be a Packer fan.

Got it.

So you were cool with his clutch performance in those games?