2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
Just heard from Jeff Dickerson both Marshall and Morgan running the wrong route so even though cutler didn't played great he played well. This loss is on tucker who after getting zero pressure in the first half didn't do squat to change it in the second.
Cutler played well in the 1st half and we were competitive even with our joke of a Defense. Once those INTs happened, we were screwed. Defense needs to step up when O makes mistakes. If both sides of the ball plays well, we'll be competitive against pretty much anyone.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
Damn right, Cutler can do no wrong. Let's get the strawman up and ready to beat on.

Because as Jay Cutler was doing no wrong Tucker's defense was trying their best to keep us in this game.

Freaking Jay Cutler

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
Cutler played well in the 1st half and we were competitive even with our joke of a Defense. Once those INTs happened, we were screwed. Defense needs to step up when O makes mistakes. If both sides of the ball plays well, we'll be competitive against pretty much anyone.

A history of stopping GB in the game would have been nice. Cutler was pressing too hard because he thought TDs were the only answer on offense. Was he wrong?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The 10% of the fan base that claims Cutler can do no wrong will lay the blame on everything else, bad routes, bad D, the refs etc. The 10% that never give Cutler any credit for anything will lay the blame squarely on his shoulders and ignore the other events that took place and the 80% who do not get emotionally wrapped up in all things Cutler will understand that this was a loss to be shared by every aspect of the team. Cutler made bone headed passes, the D could not stop Rodgers if they had 14 guys on the field, I don’t remember a secondary looking that lost, terrible time management at the end of the half, and the refs screwing up plays.

Rational people will realize this was a team loss if ever there was one and there are a lot of things to try and fix if this team is to have any shot at the post season.

This is certainly a team loss. The Bears know what Jay Cutler is, hence why they have great receivers. Jay is going to throw interceptions; he always has thrown interceptions. At the end of the day, the Bears were not going to beat the Packers if the Aaron Rodgers and company played the whole game without punting. It just wasn't going to happen.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
People need to accept that this team has two major issues shit D and inconsistent QB play. But even with a great D, boneheaded picks will cost the team games. The D shouldn't ever be expected to be so good that they can spot the opposing team a turnover or two because Jay is who he is.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
People need to accept that this team has two major issues shit D and inconsistent QB play.

I think the issue is the QB play should be good enough with a decent defense. I expect defense and QB to be draft foci next season

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
I hate Jay Cutler. He lost this game for us single handedly. Let's get those pitchforks.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I think the issue is the QB play should be good enough with a decent defense. I expect defense and QB to be draft foci next season

Hypothetically let's say the D was great today, and it still happened to be a one possession game. The pick would have been just as costly. You cannot turn the ball over in a close game giving all the momentum to the other team.