2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Everuone has a hard time thinking beyond the likes of backyard football.

It's like beating my head into a wall. There. Is. More. To. A. Pass. Than. What. You. Think.

It's why Cutler blasted the media saying you think u know but you don't. Marshall improved the route which he wasn't supposed to run. It was a fucking hitch and he kept going on a near fade route.

It was a fucking timing throw. Marshall messed up. Get over it. Both of them should've known better.

More like a cop out for poor QB decision making. There may be miss communication from time to time, but 75% of Cutler's interceptions, based on what I've read on this board since last season, are because of miss communication. I don't know about you, but I call bull shit. I'm tired of reading it.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
More like a cop out for poor QB decision making. There may be miss communication from time to time, but 75% of Cutler's interceptions, based on what I've read on this board since last season, are because of miss communication. I don't know about you, but I call bull shit. I'm tired of reading it.

Because had Cutler not done that the defense was holding its own. What was the defensive holding their own bullshit %?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL at Mick in this thread again, jesus man, get a fucking hobby.

I'm talking about the Bears game that happened today on a Bears message board. I understand that you don't actually talk about football, so you won't be interested. I recommend finding the nearest thread Ole is posting in and thankbanging him with gifs.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, nobodies perfect.

95% of the people here? Really, pull the other one.

As for the spot, you think they would have over turned that, after the no TD call?

Fine, Trestman gets the challenge flag call wrong, no probs with that it happened, but to challenege a spot of a ball after what anyone watching the game in the first half had witnessed, you should be so lucky.

And if you are going to keep saying the same thing over and over again, get it right. It is nobody's perfect, not nobodies perfect.

Nick80

I'm talking about the Bears game that happened today on a Bears message board. I understand that you don't actually talk about football, so you won't be interested. I recommend finding the nearest thread Ole is posting in and thankbanging him with gifs.

The bears game in the Cutler thread?

Mick, lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At the same time, though, I thoroughly refute mick's assertion that "Cutler blew it," when the Bears defense couldn't force the Packers to punt the ball one fucking time. That's beyond poor defense ... it's defense that makes it damn near impossible to win.

The defense is old, bad and banged up. You can't expect that unit to show up every week. They're not built to win you games. This is an offensive team. Sometimes you're going to get into games where you just have to outscore the opponent. Cutler certainly has all the tools available to him to do that, but he didn't. The tone was set early that this game was about offenses and with our pro-bowl receivers back healthy and Bennett and Forte balling, we should have stayed in the game and dueled it out with the Packers, but Cutler didn't get it done. Zero points in the second half and two costly turnovers which gave GB the only TDs they scored in the half.

Sorry but I'm not seeing how "he blew it" is unfair.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The bears game in the Cutler thread?

Mick, lol.

Didn't start here. It was Culp's thread and one of the mods moved it here. Go take it up with them if you have an problem with it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense didn't force ONE PUNT. They had one tackle for loss. No sacks, no QB pressures or hurries. Team leaders in tackles were defensive backs, once again. Yet Cutler made one questionable throw to Morgan (who didn't fight for the ball or run through a route), missed Jeffery in the end zone and Marshall cut his route off, causing the other pick... and he's part of the problem?

This defense is terrible. It's deplorable. No adjustments were made. No pressure on the QB. No fortitude when it counted. Again, I'm not ignoring the fact Cutler made a few mistakes. But the game was close going into halftime, and the defense didn't make a single change to try and reverse their fortunes. The defense is terrible, they should be ashamed.

Nobody is arguing that the defense is good. They're not expected to be. The money, the effort and the talent is mostly being invested in the offense. It's an offensive team. Fans have been wanting this forever. Now they have it and they still want to blame the defense.

What happened to all this offseason gloating about being the second best offense in the NFL? That offense is supposed to stand up and compete when it comes to getting in shootouts with Green Bay, not post zero second half points and give the game away with turnovers.

Nick80

Didn't start here. It was Culp's thread and one of the mods moved it here. Go take it up with them if you have an problem with it.

I'll pass, I'm just here for the reading now. I'm retired from everything else.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just heard from Jeff Dickerson both Marshall and Morgan running the wrong route so even though cutler didn't played great he played well. This loss is on tucker who after getting zero pressure in the first half didn't do squat to change it in the second.

Anyone but Cutlers fault

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

Both idiots. Both wrong, per usual.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Bad routes are no excuse. He's the one with the headset in his helmet. HE is the one that didn't communicate the play.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I hate Jay Cutler for pressing because of the need to score a TD on every drive because Mel Tucker's defense is shit

Freaking Jay Cutler!!!

Accept there was no need to press. They were moving the ball at will and were ahead of the chains all afternoon. It's 1 play at a time and the goal is always to score a TD.

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 10% of the fan base that claims Cutler can do no wrong will lay the blame for the loss on everything else, bad routes, bad D, the refs etc. The 10% that never give Cutler any credit for anything will lay the blame squarely on his shoulders and ignore the other events that took place and the 80% who do not get emotionally wrapped up in all things Cutler will understand that this was a loss to be shared by every aspect of the team. Cutler made bone headed passes, the D could not stop Rodgers if they had 14 guys on the field, I don’t remember a secondary looking that lost, terrible time management at the end of the half, and the refs screwing up plays.

Rational people will realize this was a team loss if ever there was one and there are a lot of things to try and fix if this team is to have any shot at the post season.