2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Nick80

Marshall? Will he get his quiet time? Trestman talks too much sometimes. Let's hope not much comes of this.

1:59 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
Trestman said specifically that the play called for "a hook at 18." Marshall ran a go. No one sure why. Ball was picked.
ReplyRetweetFavorite

David Haugh
@DavidHaugh
Cutler, for his part, called it a miscommunication "on my part and his part,'' sharing blame equally with Marshall for second pick.

Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
If you're wondering what Marshall saw on that particular play, so are Trestman and Cutler. And Marshall not up for giving his perspective.

1:58 PMTwitter
David Haugh
@DavidHaugh
On Cutler's second interception, Trestman made clear Marshall should've "run a hook at 18.'' He didn't. Marshall refused to speak post-game.

1:58 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
Sounds from Trestman and Cutler that Marshall was very much to blame on the second INT. Improvised his route with no clearance to do so.

1:57 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
After a big mistake in a big game, Brandon Marshall refused to talk to reporters after Sunday's game.

So does this mean that the reporter is lying? Or Trest is lying? Is this a cover up? Vegas?

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are throwing Marshall under the bus - they were asked and they answered. Trestman shares responsibility - I see a lot of video training.

And Marshall is doing the smart thing not talking now - the odds of saying something ineffective are high.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
I feel like Morgan could've crossed face more, that was a Johnny Knox type route he ran, but the Brandon throw was terrible, IDK if Marshall decided to ad lib into a double move or Cutler rushed the throw and didn't wait for the double move, either way they were terrible

malcore

So does this mean that the reporter is lying? Or Trest is lying? Is this a cover up? Vegas?

I don't know Nick. Don't like reading things like that though. Is Marshall being thrown under the bus? Does Trestman protect Jay too much? I have no idea.

I just hope nothing comes of this, and Marshall and the O move on. That's it.

Nick80

It's never Cutler's fault. Bennett was suppose to magically appear in front of the fat guy from Buffalo in week 1, too. Damn him. It was also Morgan's fault for not stepping in front of Williams on the slant even though Williams read the play all the way.

I didn;t see anyone defend Cutler week 1.

I'm still trying to find anyone but the OP in this thread defend Cutler for todays picks either. The media is lying to us the fans as is the HC and Cutler himself. The fuckery.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There were several blatant mistakes by Trestman made in this game, actually very stupid ones. Thought he was smart.

When playing Packers at home, this is not a learning opportunity. It is go time.

malcore

I don't think they are throwing Marshall under the bus - they were asked and they answered. Trestman shares responsibility - I see a lot of video training.

And Marshall is doing the smart thing not talking now - the odds of saying something ineffective are high.

This is what I think and hope is the case.

Nick80

I don't know Nick. Don't like reading things like that though. Is Marshall being thrown under the bus? Does Trestman protect Jay too much? I have no idea.

I just hope nothing comes of this, and Marshall and the O move on. That's it.

I do hope not, but then again we haven't had a throwing under the bus story yet this year. I look forward to tomorrows news blog.

Nick80

There were several blatant mistakes by Trestman made in this game, actually very stupid ones. Thought he was smart.

When playing Packers at home, this is not a learning opportunity. It is go time.

Nobodies perfect.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
"Never Cutler's fault".

The Bears' defense couldn't stop jack shit. So he pressed and folded in that 2nd half. Shit like this is why I have very little regard for bearfandom. Cutler definitely contributed. But this loss was on the fact that Tucker's defense couldn't stop Rodgers. He had no answers at the start of the game and no answers after halftime. So Cutler had to press as he had to score every drive. Punt was not an option. But if Chicago radio tomorrow morning says it's Cutler's fault - then message board etiquette says it's Cutler's fault.

Ponder this - w/ a different QB is the fact that Tucker's defense couldn't stop anyone of any concern?

Oh....everyone but Cutler's fault. Carry on.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It was pretty clear that the ball shouldn't go to Morgan and Jay should have seen that, and as for the Marshall play, was Marshall 1 on 1? If so why the hell would he run a hook rather than taking a deep shot like they always do when he has the match-up. That's what it looked like, and he had his man beat for what should have been a huge gain. Seems they kind of threw Marshall under the bus.

I like Trestman, but he coddles the fuck out of Jay.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Everuone has a hard time thinking beyond the likes of backyard football.

It's like beating my head into a wall. There. Is. More. To. A. Pass. Than. What. You. Think.

It's why Cutler blasted the media saying you think u know but you don't. Marshall improved the route which he wasn't supposed to run. It was a fucking hitch and he kept going on a near fade route.

It was a fucking timing throw. Marshall messed up. Get over it. Both of them should've known better.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobodies perfect.

I would expect the head coach of an NFL team to at least know the most basic rules. I would say 95% of the people just posting here know that you don't throw the challenge flag on a turnover. And perhaps those glasses he wears aren't quite strong enough. To not challenge that 1st down given to Green Bay when it was a good 2 yards short, he certainly has to have vision problems, at least.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
"Never Cutler's fault".

The Bears' defense couldn't stop jack shit. So he pressed and folded in that 2nd half. Shit like this is why I have very little regard for bearfandom. Cutler definitely contributed. But this loss was on the fact that Tucker's defense couldn't stop Rodgers. He had no answers at the start of the game and no answers after halftime. So Cutler had to press as he had to score every drive. Punt was not an option. But if Chicago radio tomorrow morning says it's Cutler's fault - then message board etiquette says it's Cutler's fault.

Ponder this - w/ a different QB is the fact that Tucker's defense couldn't stop anyone of any concern?

Oh....everyone but Cutler's fault. Carry on.

Stopped reading there because that has jack shit to do with the picks.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
Oh and you whiners bitching about Cutler.

He's on pace for 4000 yards

40 TDS

16 ints.

That sure would suck, wouldn't it?

No no....Cutler lost this game. The defense was fine.

Jesus. Even if we draft a new Trestman blessed QB (which I am not against) how does that fix our shitty defense?

Nick80

I would expect the head coach of an NFL team to at least know the most basic rules. I would say 95% of the people just posting here know that you don't throw the challenge flag on a turnover. And perhaps those glasses he wears aren't quite strong enough. To not challenge that 1st down given to Green Bay when it was a good 2 yards short, he certainly has to have vision problems, at least.

Like I said, nobodies perfect.

95% of the people here? Really, pull the other one.

As for the spot, you think they would have over turned that, after the no TD call?

Fine, Trestman gets the challenge flag call wrong, no probs with that it happened, but to challenege a spot of a ball after what anyone watching the game in the first half had witnessed, you should be so lucky.