2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And an offensive football team should be able to have more points than turnovers in the second half of an offensive game at home against #1 division rival.

This is an accurate statement.

Cutler blew it.

This is not.

It's not like GB scored 60 points; they had 17 points in the half. We didn't score any.

The only reason Green Bay's offense slowed down is because they started running the ball more after they built up a 21-point lead.

You think the Bears defense would've magically started forcing 3-and-outs at some point in the second half?

Cutler's first INT came at a real bad time, and the game snowballed out of control from there. You could probably call it the turning point of the game.

But Cutler blew it? GTFO.

When the QB's first mistake comes in the third quarter of a game and it has that big of an impact, something is seriously fucked with your defense.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Don't see anyone excusing it. Just pointing out that you will not win games in the NFL if the other team doesn't punt.

You realize that could have, and should have been, GBs problem as well right? GBs D is just as bad.

And It's hard to win games when your QB throws picks that turn a one possession game into a blow out. The D being shit is irrelevant when it come to the QB playing inconstantly. Did the shitty force those picks or cause the O to score zero points in the seconds half?

It's that either/or BS again, as if poor D and inconstancy at QB cannot both be an issue. Come on.

Oh, and turnovers often tend to be turning points in games.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But a better D would compensate for Cutler's turnovers making them ok apparently.

Or Cutler and the rest of the offense wouldn't be forced to play flawless football every single week if they could trust the defense to make a stop.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You realize that could have, and should have been, GBs problem as well right? GBs D is just as bad.

And It's hard to win games when your QB throws picks that turn a one possession game into a blow out. The D being shit is irrelevant when it come to the QB playing inconstantly. Did the shitty force those picks or cause the O to score zero points in the seconds half?

It's that either/or BS again, as if poor D and inconstancy at QB cannot both be an issue. Come on.

I think you're misinterpreting me a tad here.

I'm not in the either/or category. I'm not absolving Cutler of blame by any means. I think this is a team loss.

At the same time, though, I thoroughly refute mick's assertion that "Cutler blew it," when the Bears defense couldn't force the Packers to punt the ball one fucking time. That's beyond poor defense ... it's defense that makes it damn near impossible to win.

If the Bears offense has to score on every possession for this team win, it's completely fucked. You cannot expect that in the NFL, no matter how bad a defense is.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Well it's true, isn't it? Most of Cutler's interceptions are someone else's fault, according to many fans. Don't you think it's odd that these things happen so much more to him than the other NFL QBs? I mean it's not like the excuse of having Johnny "I can't finish a route" Knox and Devin "I don't even know where to line up" Hester as the receivers is still valid. I guess it's just bad luck?

Nothing is ever Jay's fault, didn't you know that?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The defense and Cutler both blew it. This was 38-17, not 38-31 or 20-17.

The defense didn't force ONE PUNT. They had one tackle for loss. No sacks, no QB pressures or hurries. Team leaders in tackles were defensive backs, once again. Yet Cutler made one questionable throw to Morgan (who didn't fight for the ball or run through a route), missed Jeffery in the end zone and Marshall cut his route off, causing the other pick... and he's part of the problem?

This defense is terrible. It's deplorable. No adjustments were made. No pressure on the QB. No fortitude when it counted. Again, I'm not ignoring the fact Cutler made a few mistakes. But the game was close going into halftime, and the defense didn't make a single change to try and reverse their fortunes. The defense is terrible, they should be ashamed.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The defense didn't force ONE PUNT. They had one tackle for loss. No sacks, no QB pressures or hurries. Team leaders in tackles were defensive backs, once again. Yet Cutler made one questionable throw to Morgan (who didn't fight for the ball or run through a route), missed Jeffery in the end zone and Marshall cut his route off, causing the other pick... and he's part of the problem?

This defense is terrible. It's deplorable. No adjustments were made. No pressure on the QB. No fortitude when it counted. Again, I'm not ignoring the fact Cutler made a few mistakes. But the game was close going into halftime, and the defense didn't make a single change to try and reverse their fortunes. The defense is terrible, they should be ashamed.

Cutler also failed to score a single point in the second half. You can't win in the NFL if you don't score in entire halves.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This shit gets old.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The fact that it's still even a topic of conversation pretty much says all there is to say.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
both cutler picks were on the recievers. this loss on tucker

Just heard from Jeff Dickerson both Marshall and Morgan running the wrong route so even though cutler didn't played great he played well. This loss is on tucker who after getting zero pressure in the first half didn't do squat to change it in the second.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's never Cutler's fault. Bennett was suppose to magically appear in front of the fat guy from Buffalo in week 1, too. Damn him. It was also Morgan's fault for not stepping in front of Williams on the slant even though Williams read the play all the way.

malcore

Marshall? Will he get his quiet time? Trestman talks too much sometimes. Let's hope not much comes of this.

1:59 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
Trestman said specifically that the play called for "a hook at 18." Marshall ran a go. No one sure why. Ball was picked.
ReplyRetweetFavorite

David Haugh
@DavidHaugh
Cutler, for his part, called it a miscommunication "on my part and his part,'' sharing blame equally with Marshall for second pick.

Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
If you're wondering what Marshall saw on that particular play, so are Trestman and Cutler. And Marshall not up for giving his perspective.

1:58 PMTwitter
David Haugh
@DavidHaugh
On Cutler's second interception, Trestman made clear Marshall should've "run a hook at 18.'' He didn't. Marshall refused to speak post-game.

1:58 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
Sounds from Trestman and Cutler that Marshall was very much to blame on the second INT. Improvised his route with no clearance to do so.

1:57 PMTwitter
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
After a big mistake in a big game, Brandon Marshall refused to talk to reporters after Sunday's game.