2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
Starting to lose confidence in Jay. Excellent 1st half, terrible 2nd half....you never know what you can expect. Of course the loss was not all on him but still...

@Culpfiction: Nice Sig. Seems Jay is at least able to save his cash from the Chicago burn down. :D

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
What do you think we'd get if we traded Cutler to the Rams or something?

Personally, if a team was willing to give up a first, plus a second, I would trade him in a heartbeat. And I honestly do not think that that hasn't crossed Emery's mind. I think rather than franchising him ,he signed him to a team friendly deal, so that if after a year if he didn't see enough he could trade him. Because there's no way he saw enough last year IMO.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Personally, if a team was willing to give up a first, plus a second, I would trade him in a heartbeat. And I honestly do not think that that hasn't crossed Emery's mind. I think rather than franchising him ,he signed him to a team friendly deal, so that if after a year if he didn't see enough he could trade him. Because there's no way he saw enough last year IMO.

On what planet is Cutler on a team-friendly deal?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nobody is going to give up a first and a second plus taking on the last three years (didn't the guaranteed money stretch to 4 years when they signed Allen?) of that absurd contract for an inconsistent QB who can flash nice play only to fuck up over and over and over and over and over again when you need him to play well.

We're stuck with him unless they decide to just release him and eat the cap hit after the 2015 season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So has this thread received the news that the second INT Cutler threw was due to Marshall going deep on a route where he was supposed to run an 18-yard hook?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
What do you think we'd get if we traded Cutler to the Rams or something?

I would be excited to start a new era,even if it means growing pains. This team isn't built to be a serious contender, and with its age and cap tied into older players, it is not likely to be a contender the next few years anyway.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So has this thread received the news that the second INT Cutler threw was due to Marshall going deep on a route where he was supposed to run an 18-yard hook?

It's funny how that stuff only happens to Cutler's receivers.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I would be excited to start a new era,even if it means growing pains. This team isn't built to be a serious contender, and with its age and cap tied into older players, it is not likely to be a contender the next few years anyway.

I just wish they had this mindset last offseason.

Could have franchised Cutler and dealt him. Bring back McCown as a stopgap. Find a young QB to groom. Invested more in the defense.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Easily ignored in here.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just wish they had this mindset last offseason.

Could have franchised Cutler and dealt him. Bring back McCown as a stopgap. Find a young QB to groom. Invested more in the defense.

That's what some of us wanted to do.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Nobody is going to give up a first and a second plus taking on the last three years (didn't the guaranteed money stretch to 4 years when they signed Allen?) of that absurd contract for an inconsistent QB who can flash nice play only to fuck up over and over and over and over and over again when you need him to play well.

We're stuck with him unless they decide to just release him and eat the cap hit after the 2015 season.

Didn't the Raiders gave up two firsts for Palmer?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Cutler pick on the slant to Morgan was a combination of a bad route by Morgan and a bad decision by Cutler.

The 2nd one appears to be some improv by Marshall that wasn't supposed to happen.

I don't think anyone here is going to be put Cutler in the same class as Rodgers. And as bad as the Bears defense was playing today, Cutler was going to have to outduel Rodgers to win. And that's a recipe for disaster, as we all found out.

Cutler could've been better, certainly. But I've got a hard time putting too much of the blame for his loss on him.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

Who said this? Looked to me like the DB bit on the double move and Marshall was wide open for a huge play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Classic mick.

Well it's true, isn't it? Most of Cutler's interceptions are someone else's fault, according to many fans. Don't you think it's odd that these things happen so much more to him than the other NFL QBs? I mean it's not like the excuse of having Johnny "I can't finish a route" Knox and Devin "I don't even know where to line up" Hester as the receivers is still valid. I guess it's just bad luck?