2015 NBA Offseason Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eh...not total garbage. Kostas can be a solid player (though they have 10000000 wings on this team so idk). In any case, it seems Denver was done with Lawson anyway so at least they managed to get a pick and some prospects.

Meanwhile Garfield and the one-shot wonder are hunkered down in their bunker hoping for a miracle in the form of Freddie Hoiberg:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Garfield and the one-shot wonder are hunkered down in their bunker hoping for a miracle in the form of Freddie Hoiberg:(

did you want Lawson or Kostas?

I don't want either for any reason at any price and have no idea why a first round pick was bandied around in this trade perosnoally. I guess it only takes two to cause a bidding war, and the Kings wanted Lawson bad. Thats my only guess.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Eh...not total garbage. Kostas can be a solid player (though they have 10000000 wings on this team so idk). In any case, it seems Denver was done with Lawson anyway so at least they managed to get a pick and some prospects.

They have the ROY on their team.....why waste time on Lawson?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Frankly, I'm surprised anybody would take a chance on him with his current offseason.

not saying DUI's are not serious but i don't see them as a big enough problem where it outweighs the production on the court...just gotta keep a eye on him and pray he doesn't have drinks and get behind the wheel

a change of scenery might help aswell...but yeah i hope he learns to call a uber or cab...hell hes got enough money to afford a personal driver..so it makes no sense to get a DUI moreless 4 of them...hopefully hes learned his lesson by now

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
not saying DUI's are not serious but i don't see them as a big enough problem where it outweighs the production on the court...just gotta keep a eye on him and pray he doesn't have drinks and get behind the wheel

a change of scenery might help aswell...but yeah i hope he learns to call a uber or cab...hell hes got enough money to afford a personal driver..so it makes no sense to get a DUI moreless 4 of them...hopefully hes learned his lesson by now

I thought I read something about him going to a treatment center, which is why I was surprised.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is going to 30 day alcohol treatment center.

Houston is trying to win at all cost. They are all in. You need a good PG in a very good PG league. Moves Beverly to the bench and they could probably play small some during the season. If they can keep his head right, this is a good move. If he is spiraling downwards then its a mistake. Its a gamble but Houston thinks its worth it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lawson was a good pickup. Borderline all star that will help improve their already good depth. Still don't think they'd beat the Warriors or Spurs.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Addiction is no joke, AG7, and he's going to a treatment center because he's an alcoholic, among other things. You don't get 2 DUI's in less than 6 months, violating the terms of your probation if you don't have a substance abuse problem. Hopefully he has learned and this will help him conquer that addiction but there really is no telling. Rehab isn't a cure all for addiction.

And yea he may make millions, and could possibly afford a driver, but you have to understand that even though some of these players make a lot of money in comparison to all of us, they often spend grossly beyond their means. Some of them live paycheck to paycheck.It's a reason why many former stars are flat broke when they are out of the league. It can be from a number of things like over spending, bad investments, employing your "friends" who end of stealing from you, bad divorces, paternity payments, gambling problems (see: Antoine Walker, Charles Barkley, and countless others). AI was paid over around $20 million in his final year in the league and he's millions of $$'s in debt right now. He never packed clothes for any road trips. He would spend upwards of $20,000 on clothes in one sitting and then just give them away to friends when he was done. And that is only one of the many ways he wasted his fortune.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also Jimmer might sign with the Spurs. JIMMER FOR MVP!!!