2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Have to say that this week has been one of the wildest ones I can remember in the league. So many different things happening between injuries and trades that things are just upside down right now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trying to trade cooper/carr for howard/jeffrey to the guy that lost watson. Hard to get people to respond now.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Trying to trade cooper/carr for howard/jeffrey to the guy that lost watson. Hard to get people to respond now.

I would have to be pretty desperate to go for a trade like that. Cooper and Jeffrey are same tier for me, so no one gets a plus or minus there. Which makes the trade Carr for Howard. A QB for a RB1...I'd pass. I could get more for Howard.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would have to be pretty desperate to go for a trade like that. Cooper and Jeffrey are same tier for me, so no one gets a plus or minus there. Which makes the trade Carr for Howard. A QB for a RB1...I'd pass. I could get more for Howard.

His other QB is Winston. LOL.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

His other QB is Winston. LOL. And Howard doesn't score enough TDs considering his volume TBH.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
His other QB is Winston. LOL. And Howard doesn't score enough TDs considering his volume TBH.

Still not enough desperation to make that even close to a fair trade. Howard isn't scoring TD's, but his volume and production gives a solid floor.

That said, I would certainly be shopping for a QB if I could. The Bucs offense is about at it's lowest point possible...coming from a Doug Martin owner. I also think Winston is likely to miss at least a week, if not more. Shoulder is just not right.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Still not enough desperation to make that even close to a fair trade. Howard isn't scoring TD's, but his volume and production gives a solid floor.

That said, I would certainly be shopping for a QB if I could. The Bucs offense is about at it's lowest point possible...coming from a Doug Martin owner. I also think Winston is likely to miss at least a week, if not more. Shoulder is just not right.

He's on the edge of the playoffs. Outside looking in. Eli is the best option in FA. This trade isn't happening though, guy way overvalues his players. Tried to trade Hunt & Winston for Wentz/Freeman/Hopkins. I amended my trade now after Jeffrey went nuts yesterday. Giving him Carr/Cooper/Woodhead and trying to get Howard/Hogan. If Howard isn't included in a deal, he can rot and miss the playoffs for sure. The trade would probably get vetoed anyway lol.

And don't get me started on Martin. Winston getting hurt has killed his value. Winston is now out at least two weeks. Hoping he sees the injury on Hogan and cuts him loose.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
CJA is killing me. I'm 7th on Waiver, hoping Forte falls to me somehow. I need him to play with Hunt being on Bye.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
CJA is killing me. I'm 7th on Waiver, hoping Forte falls to me somehow. I need him to play with Hunt being on Bye.

Oh look, another terrible running back I keep playing! Add him to the Doug Martin saga for me.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
He's on the edge of the playoffs. Outside looking in. Eli is the best option in FA. This trade isn't happening though, guy way overvalues his players. Tried to trade Hunt & Winston for Wentz/Freeman/Hopkins. I amended my trade now after Jeffrey went nuts yesterday. Giving him Carr/Cooper/Woodhead and trying to get Howard/Hogan. If Howard isn't included in a deal, he can rot and miss the playoffs for sure. The trade would probably get vetoed anyway lol.

And don't get me started on Martin. Winston getting hurt has killed his value. Winston is now out at least two weeks. Hoping he sees the injury on Hogan and cuts him loose.

Yeah, no way I'm giving Wentz, Freeman and Hopkins for essentially just Hunt. That guy is nuts.

Your latest trade is actually ok. He loses some value, but he is also the one in desperate need of a QB, so he should be overpaying a little. Alot would depend on what the rest of his running backs looked like.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Oh look, another terrible running back I keep playing! Add him to the Doug Martin saga for me.

traded away doug martin last week, traded Martin and Maclin for Thielen and Witten

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Same. My team is royally fucked because quite a few of the players I started out with have been disappointments or have dealt with injuries on way or another

Just to list a few: Terrell Pryor, Dalvin Cook, Eli Manning, Jay Ajayi, Jameis Winston(nagging shoulder injury)

I traded for Goff, CJ Anderson, Darkwa last week, giving up Rudolph, Manning, and Ajayi. I basically had to take on CJA because Ajayi was playing like garbage and Manning is royally fucked with all of his receivers hurt. Getting Goff and Darkwa out of that was huge. But my team still sucks.

I really don't want CJA anymore, I need to get a better RB out of him.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Same. My team is royally fucked because quite a few of the players I started out with have been disappointments or have dealt with injuries on way or another

Just to list a few: Terrell Pryor, Dalvin Cook, Eli Manning, Jay Ajayi, Jameis Winston(nagging shoulder injury)

I traded for Goff, CJ Anderson, Darkwa last week, giving up Rudolph, Manning, and Ajayi. I basically had to take on CJA because Ajayi was playing like garbage and Manning is royally fucked with all of his receivers hurt. Getting Goff and Darkwa out of that was huge. But my team still sucks.

I really don't want CJA anymore, I need to get a better RB out of him.

And then Ajayi, in 8 touches, had a better week than CJ has had since week 2. At least you got some other pieces though. Not quite as terrible.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And then Ajayi, in 8 touches, had a better week than CJ has had since week 2. At least you got some other pieces though. Not quite as terrible.

That trade was a day before Ajayi got traded to Philly. Thing is, Ajayi got 8 touches that game. More of a fluke than anything else IMO. But yea, CJA aint doing so hot.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, no way I'm giving Wentz, Freeman and Hopkins for essentially just Hunt. That guy is nuts.

Your latest trade is actually ok. He loses some value, but he is also the one in desperate need of a QB, so he should be overpaying a little. Alot would depend on what the rest of his running backs looked like.

And some asshole gives him Goff for Devin fucking Funchess. These guys kill me. You have a guy desperate, and you let him off the hook. Happened earlier this season too. Dude loses Rodgers and has no backup and trades Cohen for Russell Wilson.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
And some asshole gives him Goff for Devin fucking Funchess. These guys kill me. You have a guy desperate, and you let him off the hook. Happened earlier this season too. Dude loses Rodgers and has no backup and trades Cohen for Russell Wilson.

Seems like a pretty fair price.

Funchess is a WR2, but now the main receiver on the Panthers. Using the Fantasy Pros trade value chart for week 10, trading Funchess for Goff is about a 10 point overpay. That's the range of overpay I would probably go for to get a QB in desperation.

The other trade, Cohen for Wilson, was straight robbery. Cohen is too spurratic to play in anything other than desperation, so to only get him for a top 5 qb is ridiculous. Should have been much closer to a high end WR2 or RB2, possibly a little more depending on the circumstances.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Funchess sucks. His ceiling is WR2. No way I would trade Goff for Funchess straight up, especially with Olsen coming back soon. Then again, this dude makes some pretty idiotic moves in general that always end up panning out for him, until he gets crushed in the playoffs when his players revert back to the mean.

Mitchapalooza

Debating between Mixon and Doug in PPR this week. Bucs in general were terrible last week, but Doug is at home facing NYJ. Mixon is @ TEN who are apparently very good against the run.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here's a doozy for you folks. Hunt on bye is putting me in a tough position. Trying to decide between CJA, Booker or Damien Williams.