2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Mitchapalooza

Here's a doozy for you folks. Hunt on bye is putting me in a tough position. Trying to decide between CJA, Booker or Damien Williams.
I just traded away CJA since my rb depth is good. Damn maybe Williams? Broncos rb situation is a mess

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Here's a doozy for you folks. Hunt on bye is putting me in a tough position. Trying to decide between CJA, Booker or Damien Williams.

Run with no RB to avoid negative points.

PPR?

If PPR, Wlliams. Matchup sucks, but he should get opportunities out of the backfield.

If standard, You have to roll out CJ and hope that the Broncos find a way to stay close long enough for him to get rolling. Theoretically, it's a great matchup, in reality, the Broncos offense isn't good lol

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Debating between Mixon and Doug in PPR this week. Bucs in general were terrible last week, but Doug is at home facing NYJ. Mixon is @ TEN who are apparently very good against the run.

Mixon is the safe play. He hasn't had any amazing weeks, but he's getting 10+ per week in my league pretty steadily.

If you're going to need to score big, roll with Doug. Fitzpatrick at QB for the Bucs spent a lot of time practicing against basically that same Jets D. He should be able to move the ball and take some pressure off the running game. It's much riskier with talk of Barber getting more opportunities and the Jets playing pretty well. It could turn into the Sims and Barber show quickly if they have to air it out, as apparently they don't want Doug in for passing downs very much.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Run with no RB to avoid negative points.

PPR?

If PPR, Wlliams. Matchup sucks, but he should get opportunities out of the backfield.

If standard, You have to roll out CJ and hope that the Broncos find a way to stay close long enough for him to get rolling. Theoretically, it's a great matchup, in reality, the Broncos offense isn't good lol

It's .5 PPR. I'm tempted to play Williams, but then CJA will somehow score 2 TDs.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Debating between Mixon and Doug in PPR this week. Bucs in general were terrible last week, but Doug is at home facing NYJ. Mixon is @ TEN who are apparently very good against the run.

Agree on Mixon. Wasn't Doug benched last game?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No Jameis either. I don't like that situation at all.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
It's .5 PPR. I'm tempted to play Williams, but then CJA will somehow score 2 TDs.

I've been saying that and playing CJA for weeks. Has already cost me 2 games and dropped me to 2nd place. Not happening a third time. Now, he has to show me before I trust him.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Yeah true. Going with Mixon. Hopefully he has his breakout game finally

Good call. Unless you think you're going to need a huge day out of the spot, take the easy points.

There's a chance that Doug comes up big, but there's a far greater chance that Mixon gets you at least 10.

I'm trying desperately to get a running back. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Will have to overpay a bit, but better than CJA and Doug breaking my heart every week.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So D. William? Led by a Jay Cutler offense. Lord help me.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
So D. William? Led by a Jay Cutler offense. Lord help me.

The scary part of that is that Jay was excellent last week. If memory serves me, that means you can look forward to a complete collapse this week.

None of your options are great. CJA has been getting a severe lack of opportunities when the Broncos start to trail...and somehow, that Broncos team against the Pats just seems like a recipe for playing from behind.

To me, it's really between Booker and Williams. I lean towards WIlliams strictly based on the expected game flow. The Panthers are great against the run, but pass catching backs have actually done alright against them.

If Williams can't go, roll with CJA. Booker really isn't very good, and CJ will have at least a shot a breaking some runs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mixon is the safe play. He hasn't had any amazing weeks, but he's getting 10+ per week in my league pretty steadily.

If you're going to need to score big, roll with Doug. Fitzpatrick at QB for the Bucs spent a lot of time practicing against basically that same Jets D. He should be able to move the ball and take some pressure off the running game. It's much riskier with talk of Barber getting more opportunities and the Jets playing pretty well. It could turn into the Sims and Barber show quickly if they have to air it out, as apparently they don't want Doug in for passing downs very much.

Bucs really suck though. Martin doesn't get the opportunities he should and the Jets just shut down McCoy. At the same time, no Evans might mean more opportunities for Martin. Mixon is averaging less than three yards a carry, but tends to get about three catches a game. I'd personally role with Martin, for the upside you mentioned.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Good call. Unless you think you're going to need a huge day out of the spot, take the easy points.

There's a chance that Doug comes up big, but there's a far greater chance that Mixon gets you at least 10.

I'm trying desperately to get a running back. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Will have to overpay a bit, but better than CJA and Doug breaking my heart every week.

LOL, I'm also trying to unload Martin. Sucks because I had a great deal in place when he actually had value that got vetoed. I wish these guys would respond. Even a rejection would be nice.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
LOL, I'm also trying to unload Martin. Sucks because I had a great deal in place when he actually had value that got vetoed. I wish these guys would respond. Even a rejection would be nice.

Managed to get off the Martin train, but had to overpay a bit. Dez and Martin for Howard. The owner was the Zeke owner, and had no WR depth, but lots of low end running backs he can use to play matchups. He's right on the edge of the playoff teams, and needed to do something to try to bring in points.

Howard hasn't been scoring big or anything, but the floor has been solid. With the nice schedule for the Bears, it was a calculated risk.

Lineup now:

Brees, Hyde, Howard, Antonio, Diggs, Marvin Jones, Ertz, Butker, Jacksonville D.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Bucs really suck though. Martin doesn't get the opportunities he should and the Jets just shut down McCoy. At the same time, no Evans might mean more opportunities for Martin. Mixon is averaging less than three yards a carry, but tends to get about three catches a game. I'd personally role with Martin, for the upside you mentioned.

Martin definitely has the upside. Mixon, while not getting much per carry, is getting the volume to at least keep his floor fairly solid.

All about what your matchup looks like. For me this week, Mixon would be my choice, as the guy I am playing doesn't have the players to score big points. I would want the safer floor. If I was playing one of the better teams, I would play Martin.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I got destroyed by one of the worst teams in the league. Bleh. After winning 6 straight to start the season, I am now 1-3 over the last 4 weeks. It's getting ugly fast.

Somehow clinging desperately to the #2 seed still, thanks to the #3 seed just barely losing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a terrible week for me.... I don't think ima break 100 in any of my 3 leagues lol