Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is one of those weeks where I don't really feel like I won, just that my opponent had far worse luck than me. Final score will be something like 75-51

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
We had a matchup that is looking like it will finish at 53-55 or so.

My last 3 weeks have been 88, 91 and 80 (half PPR). Definitely not a good way to finish such a promising start.

I feel slightly better with others having low scores. It's been brutal, and this is supposed to be my lighter stretch. Teams are overachieving and mine is underachieving.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unless Gano scores 25+ points tonight, looks like I'll beat the #1 seed and jump him in the standings. He's all butt hurt. Sending out texts like "If Fournette and Brown would have showed up, I would have smacked you"

So_d3c461_644920.gif

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Unless Gano scores 25+ points tonight, looks like I'll beat the #1 seed and jump him in the standings. He's all butt hurt. Sending out texts like "If Fournette and Brown would have showed up, I would have smacked you"

So_d3c461_644920.gif

I was a 25 point favorite. I lost by 25, so a 50 point swing. Not much you can do when guys aren't scoring all at the same time. Only thing I can do is hope that the next 6 weeks are closer to my first 6 weeks than the last 4.

So yeah, if a few of my players had shown up, I would have smacked my opponent. They didn't...that's pretty much fantasy football in a nutshell lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We had a matchup that is looking like it will finish at 53-55 or so.

My last 3 weeks have been 88, 91 and 80 (half PPR). Definitely not a good way to finish such a promising start.

I feel slightly better with others having low scores. It's been brutal, and this is supposed to be my lighter stretch. Teams are overachieving and mine is underachieving.

I've lost four games by less than 5 this year. Most of my guys are underachieving as well. Not much I can do about it lol. Still in the playoff race.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was a 25 point favorite. I lost by 25, so a 50 point swing. Not much you can do when guys aren't scoring all at the same time. Only thing I can do is hope that the next 6 weeks are closer to my first 6 weeks than the last 4.

So yeah, if a few of my players had shown up, I would have smacked my opponent. They didn't...that's pretty much fantasy football in a nutshell lol

I hate when you're constantly within a point or two every time you check. Your team is putting up points, but you can't take the lead or even tie.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I hate when you're constantly within a point or two every time you check. Your team is putting up points, but you can't take the lead or even tie.

I lost by a ton, but at least it wasn't as bad as the guy that was formerly in 3rd place. He lost by half a point, and now drops down a spot. Those are the losses that will drive you mad!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cam Newton, and Cam+Funchess won me 2 of my matchups.

I am now 7-3, 6-4, 6-4 in three leagues.

This bye week is looking rough.... no Cam in 2 leagues, no Funchess in 2 leagues, no Panther DEF in 1 league.

And I think my two 6-4 matchups are tough and critical..... the 7-3 team I am facing a garbage team and I am nearly cemented in the playoffs.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Cam Newton, and Cam+Funchess won me 2 of my matchups.

I am now 7-3, 6-4, 6-4 in three leagues.

This bye week is looking rough.... no Cam in 2 leagues, no Funchess in 2 leagues, no Panther DEF in 1 league.

And I think my two 6-4 matchups are tough and critical..... the 7-3 team I am facing a garbage team and I am nearly cemented in the playoffs.

Must be nice to have players that can score...I've forgotten what that feels like

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Must be nice to have players that can score...I've forgotten what that feels like

I have alot of hit-or-miss players.... boom or bust.... Cam and Funchess saved my ass this week.

I had probably over a dozen starters across my 3 teams who scored under 5 pts.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
If you changed that to 6 points or less:
Marvin Jones
Antonio Brown
Jordan Howard
Chris Boswell
Jacksonville D

Yep, I have the 6 points or less part covered!

Mitchapalooza

Greg Zuerlin is like an extra flex or wr. Dude has put up 17 pts three weeks in a row. Scored 27 week 4 and has only scored less than 10 pts twice this year. #KickerLivesMatter

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Greg Zuerlin is like an extra flex or wr. Dude has put up 17 pts three weeks in a row. Scored 27 week 4 and has only scored less than 10 pts twice this year. #KickerLivesMatter
The Rams offense is kicker heaven

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With Cam on bye and Mariota hurting..... I might have to start Cutler or Dalton...

I can't decide what horrible option to choose.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Picked him up last week+Rams D against Houston. Oh, and I also have Jared Goff. It was beautiful.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
With Cam on bye and Mariota hurting..... I might have to start Cutler or Dalton...

I can't decide what horrible option to choose.

If it was me, I would play Cutler. He had solid numbers against Carolina (fantasy wise) and is going up against a Bucs team that just looks uninterested and is not very good, especially on defense.

Play him with confidence....just kidding! As a Bears fan, there's no such thing as playing Cutler with confidence!

But yeah, he's a very good play against the Bucs.

Mitchapalooza

Got offered Freeman and Maclin for my Cooper and Mixon.

Might have to pull that trigger cause once he's back from his concussion I'd be looking good but his stat line hasn't been great this year.

what do you guys think?

edit: fuck it, pulled the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Got offered Freeman and Maclin for my Cooper and Mixon.

Might have to pull that trigger cause once he's back from his concussion I'd be looking good but his stat line hasn't been great this year.

what do you guys think?

edit: fuck it, pulled the trigger.

I like it. Freeman isn't going to get much worse than Mixon's normal 10 a game, but has the capability to do 25. Mixon hasn't shown that.

In exchange, you get the solid floor receiver of Maclin (who has a fantastic schedule) and give up the boom or bust Cooper.

Solid trade, especially if you have good receivers ahead of Maclin already.