Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
3 of the Pacers best players are out. And still down double-digits at half..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the Bulls stink.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So far the only bright spot this season has been Wendell. Otto Porter is just shot.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This coach needs to go to be taken seriously. I suspect the training staff and facilities may be behind the times, or too new age...we don't look as great physically as we could and as even older players on other teams do.

Something is terribly wrong and its sad to see this much talent have little to no chance to win a game. I guess this NBA rewards shot jackers but the lack of shot accountability going on 4-5 years is astounding.

Yeah, this is where we will perma-disagree.

IMO, the roster talent on this team is bottom-5 in the NBA. At best bottom-7.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is where we will perma-disagree.

IMO, the roster talent on this team is bottom-5 in the NBA. At best bottom-7.

I think that depends on if WCJ is a bust and its looking that way. I don't disagree that much.

Bottom 7?

Cuz going through the bottom 5 feeders in the NBA felt like a gauntlet. The Pacers just dunked us underwater without a superstar!

Lauri is special. Lavine is an all-star. White is in the top 10 rookies to know. Some guys like Edwards drafted later (by the celtics of course) might be better, but he is a piece we can say already.

Tomas is some team glue. Young is what he is. Same to Porter. Solid rotation NBA guys.

I guess we are missing a two-way superstar, some structure, a defensive system, an offensive system, guys with any fight that don't suck other than Lauri...

I feel like every single Chicago Sports team is at a place where they might need to completely clean house and fire everyone from scouts, trainers, staff, family members, etc...completely start fresh. Ross is like the Colloton hire. A puppet to continue the same without cleaning out the basement like they need to, and the attic, and the house.

Epstein, Pace, Garpax, Hahn, Bowman

Bowman and Epstein have shown real intelligence...they have an angle they just might be flawed or their leagues caught up to them some, perhaps passed them while they were slurping gravy. You might be able to work around overhauling structure to give them some more accountability.

Pace I am on the fence. He made one really bad mistake and then the Fox deal. Retaining Tucker was not something any man should stand for, and the fact he did no matter what a coach told him is telling. He is young...I guess wait a year or 1.5.

Garpax and Hahn should not ever touch another franchise in their lives. Get the fuck out. You can't do it. You don't have what it takes.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Carter looking like a bust? He has been the only good player so far this season. Him and Coby are the only 2 players i'd say are worth saving. That said, i am concerned about his injury proneness.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't mind this teams general construction, considering the age and development needed to make anything out of it. Sure, if I were made GM, I would try to move about 5 players while prioritizing coaching changes. But all-in-all, for a scrub youth group, its fine and all bumps in the road are expected with this scenario.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love the effort tonight.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great first half.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lmao Boylen and that trash lineup.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lauri appears to be a shell of himself...playing with no confidence at all. Bulls need him to at least be solid to win games. Unfortunate

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The first half was the best ball they e played all season. Of course, they blow the lead just like they have in almost every loss they’ve had. I don’t get what’s up with Lauri.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lauri appears to be a shell of himself...playing with no confidence at all. Bulls need him to at least be solid to win games. Unfortunate

Whats this coach doing to him? He looked fantastic on opening night. Unstoppable.

He and AD kinda cancelled each other tonight for a while.

WCJ has moments but he just looks to me like a player whose body is going to deteriorate fast. He will look old in a couple years and I expect frequent injuries. Really the guy needs to watch his weight, I can see his freshman 15 is starting to stick and he might balloon, knees will go. Once he is sluggish he will be near worthless. As it is his rotational ability is overstated. He should stay home as a rim protector. Cauli-Stein is probably better than him by a good margin. Why didn't we sign him?

But nothing I can say about the players comes close to how I feel about Boylen. Boylen is so bad I really hope he is the end of GarPax brain trust. Jesus fuck. Are they that stupid?

How many 4th quarter losses will pile up while he looks on smiling? I'm sick enough of his chagrin that I don't think I can watch the Bulls too much more this season. They make me sick. See you in a few.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Whats this coach doing to him? He looked fantastic on opening night. Unstoppable.

He and AD kinda cancelled each other tonight for a while.

WCJ has moments but he just looks to me like a player whose body is going to deteriorate fast. He will look old in a couple years and I expect frequent injuries. Really the guy needs to watch his weight, I can see his freshman 15 is starting to stick and he might balloon, knees will go. Once he is sluggish he will be near worthless. As it is his rotational ability is overstated. He should stay home as a rim protector. Cauli-Stein is probably better than him by a good margin. Why didn't we sign him?

But nothing I can say about the players comes close to how I feel about Boylen. Boylen is so bad I really hope he is the end of GarPax brain trust. Jesus fuck. Are they that stupid?

How many 4th quarter losses will pile up while he looks on smiling? I'm sick enough of his chagrin that I don't think I can watch the Bulls too much more this season. They make me sick. See you in a few.

Laurie has said he does not know where he fits in the offense anymore.

My question last night, why does bron bron get to change shoe color at half time? Went from yellow to blue. played better in blue. is this a sales deal or in his head? But damn that man looks old. Grey beard, bald spot, thought he could afford some restore Urlacher treatment up there. Maybe he was just filming uncle drew 2?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lauri doesn't have that killer instinct. Until he gets that, this is what we will see.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
with how this teams been, for them to come out and not shit the bed after a horrible loss the night before is impressive. Fantastic defense on Trae Young. Can we please get this aggressive Satoransky every night please

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I guess Tomas was feeling it last night.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...safe to say I did not expect Satoransky to outplay Trae Young. Not sure if Bulls defense was actually decent or if the Hawks just missed shots. Vince Carter was their 2nd leading scorer so... ?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´ve finally been back this season watching every Bulls game! :)

My first takeaways:

Good:
- defensive intensity is looking good so far. I love how they keep being able to generate so many turnovers! That´s the part of Boylan I like. He at least has them trying hard every night.
- ball movement. The whole team is playing pretty unselfish, which is a good sign and keeps the defense guessing.
- Wendell, Thaddeus, Coby. I think they are doing fine and what was expected out of them. Nothing spectacular so far but very solid and definitely not underachieving.

So So:
- Tomas Satoransky: Had a breakout game the other night but is normally not dangerous enough. I sometimes wonder if Arcidiacono would work better as a starter since he is a better shooter, defender and turns the ball over less.

Bad:
- defending the outside shot! In todays league you die by this on a regular base!
- shot selection. We take way too many contested jumpshots with enough time left on the clock to create a better play.
- below average shooting. Even most of the wide open shots are not falling. This is not a jump shooting team, attack the rim!
- coaching: I almost lost it when the Bulls switched every pick´n roll with James Harden involved. How often could he easily create his shot against our slow PF or C??? If you don´t see that and start to avoid these missmatches you have no business coaching an NBA team! Also I´m not a big fan of the 3 guard lineup...
- anything I´ve seen from Daniel Gafford is that this guy is a hustler! I don´t understand why he doesn´t see any minutes in games where we get toastet on the glasses?
- Zach & Lauri: Our 2 best weapons are disappearing on offense on a nightly base. They should easily average at least 25 PPG & 18 PPG.
- finishing games: The record could and should be a lot better by now! Looking at that easy schedule they could be at 6-4 rather than being 3-7.

On a sidenote: If anything the Bulls PR section is doing a good job trying to give this team an identity. The Run with us episodes on YouTube are great. Watching a young team grow is kind of fun, but that only works for 2-3 seasons maximum. Only a matter of time before everyone loses their patience...

Right now it Looks like they could have the potential to make the playoffs with a big portion of luck. But only if they get their shit together and close out those games they should win. If they don´t adjust and keep going on giving games away, this will be a 30 win season.