2020 Rumor Mill

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Campbell trade was done by Tallon cause the Hawks needed to reach the cap floor. And cap floor teams don't make those deals midseason.

Only chance guys like Toews get traded is by taking on a bad contract in return

Granada

Liked Posts:
Campbell trade was done by Tallon cause the Hawks needed to reach the cap floor. And cap floor teams don't make those deals midseason.

That wasn't the question. The question was, would anyone take shit contracts off our team. The answer is, yes -- and teams have done it before.

Of course, the Hawks would have to take salary back. But the point remains: no player is completely immovable.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Granada

Liked Posts:
10 minutes to the deadline, and all Bowman has done is trade Gus for conditional draft picks. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetically typical. How anyone can still sit there and say this guy is a good GM is mind-blowing. He jumped on at the right time, just like his dad Scotty for his "Senior Advisor" role. He has no idea how to build a team

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I thought Florida had to get to the cap floor so they needed the 7 million dollar contract.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I thought Florida had to get to the cap floor so they needed the 7 million dollar contract.

That's what he meant, but he wrote it weird -- and anyways, I think he's wrong. I don't think Florida needed to hit the cap-floor that year. Tallon wanted Campbell because he simply liked Campbell (he acquired him from SJ and gave him that ridiculous contract). Also, Tallon wanted to move Olesz, who also had a ridiculous contract. It wasn't a trade to hit the cap-floor more than it was a trade to swap two horrible contracts.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Huh? Players with NMC's have to agree to be moved. If they don't agree, they go nowhere.
There are different kinds of clauses and players get moved with them all the time they just have to agree to the trade. That's pretty easy when you are asked to get away from a sinking ship.

Granada

Liked Posts:
There are different kinds of clauses and players get moved with them all the time they just have to agree to the trade. That's pretty easy when you are asked to get away from a sinking ship.

Keith has already stated he wants to stay. Kane and Toews have lived in this city for half their lives and probably won't want to uproot and they'll only waive to go to a Cup contender (they might as well stay than go to another shit team) -- which limits Bowman's options. Not too many Cup contenders will be able to afford those contracts unless a massive chunk of salary is retained, and retaining any amount of salary for three years would be ill-advised.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Prob (speculation) because they got him for dirt-cheap (conditional pick).

It's possible that he did something right before 2 and it gets announced later. Possible. Certainly not probable. It appears that our fears are being realized......

Granada

Liked Posts:
I hated the Lehner signing last off-season -- was one of the few. Wonder how people who liked that signing feel now, considering we basically wasted 5 million dollars for a goalie for just one year, in a year we missed the playoffs to boot.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hated the Lehner signing last off-season -- was one of the few. Wonder how people who liked that signing feel now, considering we basically wasted 5 million dollars for a goalie for just one year, in a year we missed the playoffs to boot.

I can understand the signing given Crow's concussion history but how does anyone who is actually in pro hockey not recognize this team's shortcomings? If this team was even close to being a Cup contender, it would be a proactive signing....but this team is one of the worst teams in the NHL. Unless his first name is Jesus....a goalie wasn't gonna get you where you want to go.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

you just bein a nub at this point. Lehner was a Vezina finalist. He was willing to take a 1 year prove it deal. Was a win win for the Blackhawks at the time. Everyone in the NHL was surprised Lehner when his value was at a high point was not willing to sign a long term deal cause he could have easily found one

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Well, at $5M/season, we spent $2.5 million in exchange for a 2nd-round pick and a mystery prospect.

One of The Lesser's better returns as of late, as sad as that may be.

Granada

Liked Posts:
you just bein a nub at this point. Lehner was a Vezina finalist. He was willing to take a 1 year prove it deal. Was a win win for the Blackhawks at the time. Everyone in the NHL was surprised Lehner when his value was at a high point was not willing to sign a long term deal cause he could have easily found one

Project much?