Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Escaped with much needed win.

50 from DeMar.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Wow. Fun game…bulls are fortunate for the win. Hopefully they can carry some momentum into the Miami game after getting bludgeoned by them in Miami

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If it wasn’t for Demar’s hero ball as you call it, bulls are prob a 30 win team right now lol
I disagree. There’s a reason that the bulls offensive efficiency has been ranked about 26th since Lonzo went down

It’s cool that demar can get his whenever he wants, and it’s a useful skill and will help in the playoffs…but, if you think that makes for efficient offense, you’re wrong

Other teams work the basketball around and get open looks for shots. Bulls have demar dribble down the court and go to work to take a difficult shot, that yes sometimes he hits

I mean, you even question BD and his “scheme.” That’s because his offensive scheme has always been to let guys go ISO. It’s a problem

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I like Pat's late 3 to give the 4pt lead

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like Pat's late 3 to give the 4pt lead
The three was huge. Good find from DeMar who was triple teamed at the rim.

PWill shot 4/4, 2/2 3pt, 10 pts 12 rebs, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. Exactly the stuff we need to see from him in his development. Eventually we'll want more, but I assume slow progress with him, especially from missing most of the season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I haven't been able to see many games lately. How has PWill looked? I know it will take time, but he had a nice stat line last night. I am a fan of him from last year, but after all the roster changes wasn't sure how he'd fit or if he's still part of the future. He's still young and potential was off the charts hated to see the injury.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't been able to see many games lately. How has PWill looked? I know it will take time, but he had a nice stat line last night. I am a fan of him from last year, but after all the roster changes wasn't sure how he'd fit or if he's still part of the future. He's still young and potential was off the charts hated to see the injury.
Most of his time since coming back he's looked not confident and scared to take shots. But at times when he's in, he does grab that key O-board or key rebounds we've been missing. He's a bigger body than a lot of other guys on the team so he can get in there for those things.

The first half last night he wasn't playing all that great, but did a few things. Donovan decided started to start him over Caruso after halftime, and he played most of the 2nd half and all of OT. He did what he had to.

The flashes of potential still come out during games, but there's a real long way to go. There's really nothing there that tells me he's going to be an All-Star or anything at this point.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I disagree. There’s a reason that the bulls offensive efficiency has been ranked about 26th since Lonzo went down

It’s cool that demar can get his whenever he wants, and it’s a useful skill and will help in the playoffs…but, if you think that makes for efficient offense, you’re wrong

Other teams work the basketball around and get open looks for shots. Bulls have demar dribble down the court and go to work to take a difficult shot, that yes sometimes he hits

I mean, you even question BD and his “scheme.” That’s because his offensive scheme has always been to let guys go ISO. It’s a problem
Demar is the least of the bulls problems and has completely carried them. Their biggest problems offensively lately is their 3 pt shooting sucks, BD continues to go away from Vuc in the post, and the team is low IQ…how many times does Zach go 1 on 3 or not pass on a 2 on 1 break? Dumb turnovers routinely…the defense has also been abysmal which compounds the problem. How many jump shooters do they foul per game?

Does Demar force some things from time to time? Sure…but most of the time doesn’t have a choice and usually ends up helping way more than hurting. The ball movement as a whole hasnt been very good and does not really fall on Demar. It’s not like the guy is an inefficient chucker. He’s the only guy who shows up ready to play consistently every game

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like most teams....much of everything they do offensively is tied to how they defend. The "hero ball" seems to always start when they get behind by a bunch and it's not always Demar....Zach starts getting into that a bit as well. They work the best when they share the ball more and look for the open man but it seems like they only play that way with a lead. Getting Ball back will help some but until they find a rim protector/rebounder that can slide into the PF slot....this is who they are.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weaknesses that were probably there from the start are just being more and more exposed now with a full season under the belt and injuries to exacerbate the issue.

Do Zach and Demar play hero ball? Yes of course they do, this is not new, especially for Zach. Part of this is I think trusting their teammates to perform. Can we count on Coby/Ayo to hit a 3 in the clutch? Your answer is probably the same as theirs.

Are they bad defensively? Perhaps they were the whole time and having a healthy Caruso and Lonzo was enough to make it appear like not. If nothing else, this team has gotten worse every month of the season. How much of that is scheme, how much of that is personnel? You can argue all day, but there's only a few plus defenders on this team in the rotation, and that has been true all year.

Coming into the season perhaps no one pegged this team for more than a 2nd round appearance, and even that was questionable. That became an ECF appearance after the strong start, but now we've regressed to a 1st round exit. Overall, I don't think that's a huge difference from the preseason expectation. Point being, we shouldn't be surprised.