2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Most of his time since coming back he's looked not confident and scared to take shots.
So more like last year than how he started the year... Still time I guess if he's still working himself back, I was really afraid the injury would set him back, I guess it's still too early to tell. Nice double double last night and if donovan can trust him that might just be enough

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It doesn’t help that they’re really bad in the half court. They’re always in a hurry and their offensive sets are painful. They could go to Vuc in the post more to alleviate this and play inside out…but BD still loves to use him in the high PnR which is simply not his game.

They were at their best earlier in the year forcing turnovers and running in transition but as their defense suffered, obviously so did their fast break opportunities. Nothing comes easy for them now and they’ve really struggled shooting the ball lately even getting open looks.

Lastly, for a pretty veteran team, they still play low IQ basketball. Their continuously clueless on rotations, they don’t communicate, they don’t recognize mismatches, they foul jump shooters routinely, Zach still is sloppy with the ball and goes 1 on 3 or doesn’t pass it on the break when they have the numbers. Still have a lot of grade school turnovers. They’re too experienced and supposed to be better than that but alas, here we are.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I was like damn did we beat someone decent?

Clips record: 37-40

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was like damn did we beat someone decent?

Clips record: 37-40
They've been without their 2 best players like all year so their record of course is gonna be much worse. I'll give them a bit more credit now that PG is back and seemingly not really missing a beat.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They've been without their 2 best players like all year so their record of course is gonna be much worse. I'll give them a bit more credit now that PG is back and seemingly not really missing a beat.
Also note, Bulls won in OT, in which Paul George played zero minutes due to his minutes limitation.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn’t help that they’re really bad in the half court. They’re always in a hurry and their offensive sets are painful. They could go to Vuc in the post more to alleviate this and play inside out…but BD still loves to use him in the high PnR which is simply not his game.

They were at their best earlier in the year forcing turnovers and running in transition but as their defense suffered, obviously so did their fast break opportunities. Nothing comes easy for them now and they’ve really struggled shooting the ball lately even getting open looks.

Lastly, for a pretty veteran team, they still play low IQ basketball. Their continuously clueless on rotations, they don’t communicate, they don’t recognize mismatches, they foul jump shooters routinely, Zach still is sloppy with the ball and goes 1 on 3 or doesn’t pass it on the break when they have the numbers. Still have a lot of grade school turnovers. They’re too experienced and supposed to be better than that but alas, here we are.
I somewhat disagree, I do think Vuc can be effective in a high PnR situation, he just needs to actually be a roll man. A lot of times he's popping out to the 3pt line which I think neutralizes an entire aspect of his game, and that is the one you want to see (ie Vuc going to the rim). Idk if BD is having him do that because they want to establish him as a 3pt threat or something, but imo it's wasting the part of Vuc's game that makes him most dangerous. Especially as his 3pt% is way down this year but his 2pt% is as good as its ever been. He doesn't necessarily need to be posting up all the time (though I wouldn't be mad about more post touches for him), but getting him action going towards the basket instead of just hanging at the 3pt line or the far midrange would do a lot, imo.

From what I heard on the court way back against the Suns, the Bulls defense is like inaudible. Idk if they're literally not communicating or if maybe the stadium noise drowned them out, but I definitely feel like I heard the Suns players a lot more. That said, you don't need to always be yelling to know when to rotate. At the same time, you need not rotate as much if someone isn't getting beat.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also note, Bulls won in OT, in which Paul George played zero minutes due to his minutes limitation.
Definitely helped. At the same time, if Demar hits that last FT, there is no OT.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You guys can call it what you want. But the fact is as the season has gone on, and injuries to guys like ball have kept guys out extended time frames…the bulls assist % has dropped drastically, which has led to the low efficiency rating on offense the last month or so. Part of that is demar and sometimes Zach playing hero ball and not allowing the offense to flow

That’s not me saying demar or Zach are bad players. A guy can be a great player but still cause an offense to be inefficient if he’s not playing the game the right way.

I’m sure a part of it is due to guys like Ayo and Coby kinda tailing off here the last month and losing some trust. I’m not placing all the blame on demar when I say that he is a ball stopper lately. But that is what’s happening, make no mistake about it @Enasic

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You guys can call it what you want. But the fact is as the season has gone on, and injuries to guys like ball have kept guys out extended time frames…the bulls assist % has dropped drastically, which has led to the low efficiency rating on offense the last month or so. Part of that is demar and sometimes Zach playing hero ball and not allowing the offense to flow

That’s not me saying demar or Zach are bad players. A guy can be a great player but still cause an offense to be inefficient if he’s not playing the game the right way.

I’m sure a part of it is due to guys like Ayo and Coby kinda tailing off here the last month and losing some trust. I’m not placing all the blame on demar when I say that he is a ball stopper lately. But that is what’s happening, make no mistake about it @Enasic
There’s a lot of factors at play here. Part of it is Coby/Ayo and others tailing off. Part of it is they’re not getting the assists they did in transition because their D sucks. Some of it is poor shot selection. Another part is there’s a lot of tape out there and teams know how to play the Bulls and the Bulls haven’t been able to adjust. The team has a lot of problems and that’s why they don’t have a win against a quality opponent the entire season

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I somewhat disagree, I do think Vuc can be effective in a high PnR situation, he just needs to actually be a roll man. A lot of times he's popping out to the 3pt line which I think neutralizes an entire aspect of his game, and that is the one you want to see (ie Vuc going to the rim). Idk if BD is having him do that because they want to establish him as a 3pt threat or something, but imo it's wasting the part of Vuc's game that makes him most dangerous. Especially as his 3pt% is way down this year but his 2pt% is as good as its ever been. He doesn't necessarily need to be posting up all the time (though I wouldn't be mad about more post touches for him), but getting him action going towards the basket instead of just hanging at the 3pt line or the far midrange would do a lot, imo.

From what I heard on the court way back against the Suns, the Bulls defense is like inaudible. Idk if they're literally not communicating or if maybe the stadium noise drowned them out, but I definitely feel like I heard the Suns players a lot more. That said, you don't need to always be yelling to know when to rotate. At the same time, you need not rotate as much if someone isn't getting beat.
Vuc as the roll Man from the 3 pt line? Not his game…he’s too slow. What’s happening is guys are cheating off Vuc and trapping the ball handler because Vuc has been a poor 3 pt shooter. On the other hand, he’s been very efficient in the post and it also seems to help his 3 pt game. Like Stacey says, it’s a simple game. You have to play to guys strengths and Vuc is a much better post player than he is a pick and pop 3 pt shooter it’s painfully obvious and he’s way too slow to do anything rolling to the basket from 20+ feet out.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There’s a lot of factors at play here. Part of it is Coby/Ayo and others tailing off. Part of it is they’re not getting the assists they did in transition because their D sucks. Some of it is poor shot selection. Another part is there’s a lot of tape out there and teams know how to play the Bulls and the Bulls haven’t been able to adjust. The team has a lot of problems and that’s why they don’t have a win against a quality opponent the entire season
Correct. But don’t you think something like poor defense can be at least partially attributed to 4/5 guys on offense standing around. Getting guys going on the offensive end helps get guys more interested in playing defense as well

Start sharing the ball more, get better defense, get more transition opportunities and thus more, better offense

It’s all a catch 22 kinda in a way

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Correct. But don’t you think something like poor defense can be at least partially attributed to 4/5 guys on offense standing around. Getting guys going on the offensive end helps get guys more interested in playing defense as well

Start sharing the ball more, get better defense, get more transition opportunities and thus more, better offense

It’s all a catch 22 kinda in a way
No, I don’t contribute the bulls defensive woes to anything related to their offense. Defense should be the one constant no matter what. Unfortunately, they just don’t bring the energy and intensity on that end and their overall team defensive awareness is abysmal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vuc as the roll Man from the 3 pt line? Not his game…he’s too slow. What’s happening is guys are cheating off Vuc and trapping the ball handler because Vuc has been a poor 3 pt shooter. On the other hand, he’s been very efficient in the post and it also seems to help his 3 pt game. Like Stacey says, it’s a simple game. You have to play to guys strengths and Vuc is a much better post player than he is a pick and pop 3 pt shooter it’s painfully obvious and he’s way too slow to do anything rolling to the basket from 20+ feet out.
Really though? So many PnR plays are done from the 3pt line or close to it. So then if what you say is true and there's no point in rolling from the 3pt line after a screen, he might as well just pop every time for 3.

I am not saying don't get Vuc more post touches, I am adding to that and saying he should get more looks moving towards the basket in general.

This was not that long ago and the very first play is Vuc rolling from, guess where...the 3pt line.

Here's one with the good and the bad, still shows him moving from near the 3pt line to the paint against a good post defender who is probably faster than him (Nerlens Noel)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Really though? So many PnR plays are done from the 3pt line or close to it. So then if what you say is true and there's no point in rolling from the 3pt line after a screen, he might as well just pop every time for 3.

I am not saying don't get Vuc more post touches, I am adding to that and saying he should get more looks moving towards the basket in general.

This was not that long ago and the very first play is Vuc rolling from, guess where...the 3pt line.

Here's one with the good and the bad, still shows him moving from near the 3pt line to the paint against a good post defender who is probably faster than him (Nerlens Noel)
I agree there needs to be some variance

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I got a feeling the bulls finally get a quality win just before the playoffs to give us all hope then to crush us in the playoffs

…or maybe I’m just constipated

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Zach coming out on ?

knoxville7