2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Milwaukee may in the Finals if not for the Bulls losing to Miami lol.
This is the most likely outcome. And for those complaining about a "boring" Finals, this outcome perhaps would have shut them up

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is the most likely outcome. And for those complaining about a "boring" Finals, this outcome perhaps would have shut them up
Milwaukee vs Denver still doesn't attract NBA media types, and thus the product suffers as a result.

Of course the NBA media really only wants Lakers vs Celtics.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Those that actually appreciate basketball has enjoyed watching the nuggets and heat play

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those that actually appreciate basketball has enjoyed watching the nuggets and heat play
Anyone complaining about this Finals doesn't actually like basketball because the Nuggets play beautiful basketball and the Heat zone defense has generally been a thing of beauty as well. Nuggets have kind of picked it apart lately, but just the fact that the Heat can even attempt to use a zone defense effectively in this age of basketball is quite a feat.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would agree, but general interest seems to only be in Finals like watching Cleveland vs Golden State for four straight years. I could understand the first two times certainly, but for some reason watching the Durant-led Warriors beat the crap out of the LeBron Cavs two years in a row was rating gold.

Then we got a decent series with Kawhi and Toronto vs aging Golden State and ratings slip quite a bit.

I'm a fan of new teams (or teams that haven't made it in a real long time) appearing in the Finals, so I guess I personally have been spoiled the past several years with Toronto, Milwaukee/Phoenix, and now Denver being in the Finals.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really want Denver to win, so I hope they close it out tonight. But I wouldn't be upset it Miami made it interesting and took it to game 6.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Had to take the chance and throw 500 on Butler and the Heat to come out of this. I can't complain. Jokić is HIM. Vuc needs to mimic HIM.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Denver wins the finals but the city is dead AF.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What a riveting 7 game series victory for Miami!!! Whoops lol

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What a riveting 7 game series victory for Miami!!! Whoops lol
Was a pretty good series I thought. Happy for Denver and I have a lot of respect for that Miami team. They couldn’t get it done but really had no business being there in the first place. If Strus and Vincent weren’t abysmal from outside the entire series, maybe they could have extended it. I like both teams so was going to be happy either way

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last 5 seasons have had 5 different champs. Two had never won a title before. One ended a 50 year drought.

Only two teams returned to the Finals during this 5 year period as well (Warriors, Heat).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last 5 seasons have had 5 different champs. Two had never won a title before. One ended a 50 year drought.

Only two teams returned to the Finals during this 5 year period as well (Warriors, Heat).
We are in the age of parity I suppose

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Pretty cool factoids. I actually think this Denver team has a halfway decent chance to repeat. They have the best player in the game and a lot of continuity with the right collection of players.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jokic just officially retired #15 for the Nuggets. Poor Carmelo.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty cool factoids. I actually think this Denver team has a halfway decent chance to repeat. They have the best player in the game and a lot of continuity with the right collection of players.
Denver is quite set up with the entirety of its role players outside Bruce Brown signed through 2025. Brown can opt out this off season and cash in if he wants to. Denver isn't even a threat to go into the luxury tax until Murray signs an extension.

Short of some major shakeups this off-season, their competition isn't looking much different.

LeBron is only going to be older. KD is only getting older and is still a massive injury risk. Kawhi can't survive a season. The Grizzlies will be without Morant for awhile and who knows if he ever gets himself back on track. The Warriors are also old and who knows if they can put together another season or not.

If they make the Finals, their East competition is one more year of the Milwaukee core, a Celtics team lacking a finisher, and a Sixers team that hasn't left the second round and could be worse if Harden leaves for nothing. And obviously same Heat team they just beat.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Miami needs to flip lowry and oladipos contracts for another body. bout 38 mil combined for 1 year.. someone gotz some longer term contract to peddle . Also Jovic needs more minutes.

I will give Chicago Lowry for no knee no return Ball and Caruso. Oladipo and maybe duncan to someone else. Ball would be inspired by no knee wade and would return. Worst case id eat that contract for another year just to make the D even tougher with the carushow

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Denver is quite set up with the entirety of its role players outside Bruce Brown signed through 2025. Brown can opt out this off season and cash in if he wants to. Denver isn't even a threat to go into the luxury tax until Murray signs an extension.

Short of some major shakeups this off-season, their competition isn't looking much different.

LeBron is only going to be older. KD is only getting older and is still a massive injury risk. Kawhi can't survive a season. The Grizzlies will be without Morant for awhile and who knows if he ever gets himself back on track. The Warriors are also old and who knows if they can put together another season or not.

If they make the Finals, their East competition is one more year of the Milwaukee core, a Celtics team lacking a finisher, and a Sixers team that hasn't left the second round and could be worse if Harden leaves for nothing. And obviously same Heat team they just beat.
I think you will see some major shakeups, teams know they currently aren’t good enough to beat Denver and will be selling out to try to be

If bulls were open to trading some guys, they might pull off some nice deals. But they want that continuity that Denver has lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think you will see some major shakeups, teams know they currently aren’t good enough to beat Denver and will be selling out to try to be

If bulls were open to trading some guys, they might pull off some nice deals. But they want that continuity that Denver has lol
Yes I expect some shakeups not only because of Denver, but reality of the future luxury tax situation.

I do feel like several teams will mostly sit pat going into next season. Definitely feel like Milwaukee will give it one more go with this core before they go a different direction.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its almost as if akme had their balls ripped off when joining this organization, they are eerily similar to garpax when it comes to doing nothing...they've now seen this group does not work, they've seen lavine is overpaid and not a franchise player to build around. they've also proven they cant evaluate talent in taking williams over haliburton.