2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For anyone who thinks the Bulls were ever going to take Haliburton. Or that PWill was even a big reach. He was an unknown, but its not like anyone taken from 4-11 has really panned out. Bulls were kind of in a crappy position at #4, though honestly, this entire draft is turning out to be pretty bad.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For anyone who thinks the Bulls were ever going to take Haliburton. Or that PWill was even a big reach. He was an unknown, but its not like anyone taken from 4-11 has really panned out. Bulls were kind of in a crappy position at #4, though honestly, this entire draft is turning out to be pretty bad.
Good luck getting those that feel otherwise to see the light. They are too busy living their own “truth.”

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good luck getting those that feel otherwise to see the light. They are too busy living their own “truth.”
To each their own.

Let's not act like there is a track record of what (some) posters original thought either:

There was some skepticism prior to the draft about him from some posters. But literally no one is saying "HALIBURTON AT 4".

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
like you said i dont think anyone had haliburton at 4 but seeing him turn into a stud, its armchair gm time for me...
i think at the time of the draft i wanted deni because of his stroke and passing ability, he is a liability in the paint but anyway as many have said, this draft class is pretty bad so it is what is...

look at the bright side, bulls resigned vuce to run it back for another 2yrs min

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
To each their own.

Let's not act like there is a track record of what (some) posters original thought either:

There was some skepticism prior to the draft about him from some posters. But literally no one is saying "HALIBURTON AT 4".
Nope, nobody was. People want to believe what they want to believe, though. And some are just mad that the bulls stink and need someone to blame.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nope, nobody was. People want to believe what they want to believe, though. And some are just mad that the bulls stink and need someone to blame.
To be fair, I couldn’t care less about the Bulls stinking. My interest and investment in the Bulls is extremely low. On the draft note, I do recall a number of people hoping for Halliburton. Maybe not on this board specifically, though. I never heard of anyone hoping for PWill though. Either way, it is what it is. It didn’t work out, which is par for the course with this regime

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
To be fair, I couldn’t care less about the Bulls stinking. My interest and investment in the Bulls is extremely low. On the draft note, I do recall a number of people hoping for Halliburton. Maybe not on this board specifically, though. I never heard of anyone hoping for PWill though. Either way, it is what it is. It didn’t work out, which is par for the course with this regime
Definitely was not on this board and I never heard his name mentioned anywhere else at #4.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I skimmed back through that thread I saw Killian Hayes mentioned more often than Haliburton

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To each their own.

Interesting that shooting was considered a weakness of his going into the draft, he's turned out to be a 40% 3pt shooter.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
When I skimmed back through that thread I saw Killian Hayes mentioned more often than Haliburton
Yep. Literally the only mention of Halliburton I saw was from axl rose and all he said was that it would be funny if the bulls drafted him since he’s from Iowa state

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, the guy that has gone on and on about how the bulls fucked up in that draft taking PWill over Haliburton…totally couldn’t care less ?

And the receipts are out there…no mention of PWill being a bust or haliburton being the guy the bulls should of drafted from you during the draft, Captain Hindsight!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the guy that has gone on and on about how the bulls fucked up in that draft taking PWill over Haliburton…totally couldn’t care less ?

And the receipts are out there…no mention of PWill being a bust or haliburton being the guy the bulls should of drafted from you during the draft, Captain Hindsight!
Well if we're doing hindsight...

The Bulls should have drafted Draymond Green in 2012, Rudy Gobert in 2013, still do the trade with Denver in 2014, but take Zach Lavine instead at 11 and had him all along, Pascal Siakam in 2016, with already having Lavine there's another option for trading Jimmy Butler in 2017, but assuming they don't have a Top 3 pick, there's Donovan Mitchell to take in 2017. SGA in 2018, Tyler Herro in 2019.

Hindsight is fun, and makes it all seem so easy. Can't believe these GMs are so stupid.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well if we're doing hindsight...

The Bulls should have drafted Draymond Green in 2012, Rudy Gobert in 2013, still do the trade with Denver in 2014, but take Zach Lavine instead at 11 and had him all along, Pascal Siakam in 2016, with already having Lavine there's another option for trading Jimmy Butler in 2017, but assuming they don't have a Top 3 pick, there's Donovan Mitchell to take in 2017. SGA in 2018, Tyler Herro in 2019.

Hindsight is fun, and makes it all seem so easy. Can't believe these GMs are so stupid.
Bulls still lose first round each year

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm inclined to agree, but you know how the internet is.

I've already seen twitter posts saying the KD trade to the Suns was the worst trade in NBA history...I laugh at that because it wasn't even worse than the Gobert trade

And at least the fit makes some sense. Gobert to Minnesota doesn't even make sense fit wise

Gobert is the worst trade in easily the last 10 plus years. Wild wht they gave up for him
hows that trade looking today??? Timberwolves with the best record in the NBA

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Timberwolves get: Rudy Gobert
Jazz get: Pat Bev, Walker Kessler, Malik Beasley, Leandro Bolmaro, Jarred Vanderbilt
2023 1st (#16-Keyonte George), 2025 1st, 2026 swap of 1st, 2027 1st, 2029 1st (top 5 protected)

Really depends what those 25, 26, 27, and 29 picks become for us to fully judge this trade.

Minnesota is 16-4, currently best record in the NBA. They are 18th in O, and 1st in D. They have no superstar.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hows that trade looking today??? Timberwolves with the best record in the NBA
I don't believe the hype.

But if they do end up at the end of the season still in that position, I will credit that to Anthony Edwards more than anything. They did figure out how to get KAT and Gobert to work (so far) so props to them

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Timberwolves get: Rudy Gobert
Jazz get: Pat Bev, Walker Kessler, Malik Beasley, Leandro Bolmaro, Jarred Vanderbilt
2023 1st (#16-Keyonte George), 2025 1st, 2026 swap of 1st, 2027 1st, 2029 1st (top 5 protected)

Really depends what those 25, 26, 27, and 29 picks become for us to fully judge this trade.

Minnesota is 16-4, currently best record in the NBA. They are 18th in O, and 1st in D. They have no superstar.
anthony edwards is a budding superstar, though. he will be on your list in another year or so

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't believe the hype.

But if they do end up at the end of the season still in that position, I will credit that to Anthony Edwards more than anything. They did figure out how to get KAT and Gobert to work (so far) so props to them
lmao of course you wouldnt credit anything to gobert, despite the Twolves being the #1 defensive team....i guess you think thats thanks to anthony edwards lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lmao of course you wouldnt credit anything to gobert, despite the Twolves being the #1 defensive team....i guess you think thats thanks to anthony edwards lol
You can say whatever you like about what you think I think if it makes you feel better

Of course Gobert is contributing to their improved defense, he's a 3x DPOY. They were a top 10 defense last year too. And I'll tell you what, they haven't even had McDaniels playing that much this year due to injury who is one of their better perimeter defenders as well. Whatever they've been doing defensively since getting Gobert, they're doing it right.

That being said, I don't think we'll see TWolves sitting atop the West when the season is said and done