2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol then clearly it’s changed since 2021

or you were making it up in 2021, or you’re making it up today. I don’t really care either way, just when you say one thing, yet your previous posts say another thing, I’ll call it out

you could of just said, we’ll damn, I guess my views on him have changed. Instead, in typical fashion, you try to act like you never said those things previously. It’s pretty spectacular
Oddly enough smart didn’t play yesterday and the Celtics won big…However, you didn’t make a post about that like you did when he played well and they won big…it’s almost as if making connections based off one game isn’t a good idea lol

You do realize you could value a player but still not be in favor of a trade with another player you’re not high on, right? There are a myriad of reasons for that and I think I’ve explained them. Thanks for bringing up a post from 2021. Do you still think Marcus Smart over DeRozan is a good idea?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Oddly enough smart didn’t play yesterday and the Celtics won big…However, you didn’t make a post about that like you did when he played well and they won big…it’s almost as if making connections based off one game isn’t a good idea lol

You do realize you could value a player but still not be in favor of a trade with another player you’re not high on, right? There are a myriad of reasons for that and I think I’ve explained them. Thanks for bringing up a post from 2021. Do you still think Marcus Smart over DeRozan is a good idea?
You’re making a false assumption that I’m basing it all off of one game. No need to go down the road with someone who isnt discussing in good faith.

you claimed Lauri >>> Smart in 2021…do you dispute that?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You’re making a false assumption that I’m basing it all off of one game. No need to go down the road with someone who isnt discussing in good faith.

you claimed Lauri >>> Smart in 2021…do you dispute that?
I said I wouldn’t make the trade back in 2021. In your mind, your brain computed “Oh, that must mean Enasic doesn’t like smart and thinks he sucks.” What you’re failing to compute are things like contract (both Smarts and Lauri’s deal coming off the books at the time). Essentially, I valued the expiring deal and wanted to aim higher at the PG position instead of being locked into Smart’s deal which extends through 2025. Of course none of this crossed your mind.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said I wouldn’t make the trade back in 2021. In your mind, your brain computed “Oh, that must mean Enasic doesn’t like smart and thinks he sucks.” What you’re failing to compute are things like contract (both Smarts and Lauri’s deal coming off the books at the time). Essentially, I valued the expiring deal and wanted to aim higher at the PG position instead of being locked into Smart’s deal which extends through 2025. Of course none of this crossed your mind.
Lol ohhhhhh so NOW there’s other things to factor in than just how good or bad the player is in a vacuum? Kinda like what I was trying to explain to you regarding smart and Demar, that you didn’t want to acknowledge until now

lmao never change, dude

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Are these the worst playoffs we’ve ever seen? Or haven’t seen since these games have been pretty unwatchable…

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are these the worst playoffs we’ve ever seen? Or haven’t seen since these games have been pretty unwatchable…
You must have a short term memory.

Most of the playoffs from 2011-2019 were awful.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You must have a short term memory.

Most of the playoffs from 2011-2019 were awful.
I do have a terrible memory….

Probably not good if most of the playoffs for 8 years were awful lol…wonder what the NBA could do to fix this, if anything.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Probably not good if most of the playoffs for 8 years were awful lol…wonder what the NBA could do to fix this, if anything.
Honestly a lot of the playoffs forever are just bad/boring basketball.

We have some good series here and there. I think with the past two years we had some pandemic "omg glad to have this back" kind of thinking. Last season many of the series did seem better, plus it was completely up in the air as to who was going to win.

From 2011-2018, you basically had LeBron vs the West, and from 2015-2018 it was Cavs vs Warriors every single Finals. It was a foregone conclusion the Warriors were going to the Finals before the playoffs even started until From 2015-2019. Even the two times they were threatened, they pulled off G7 wins in 2016 and 2018.

2018 LeBron did have two game 7 series that had plenty of close games, but it always seemed like a foregone conclusion they were going to win in the end. The Bulls put up a fight in 2015 vs CLE until Game 6 where they clearly gave up.

For as much as people make out about the 2016 Warriors/Cavs Finals.. every single game except Game 7 was a blowout.

So, there are some gems of series here and there in that time frame, but any overall playoff isn't all that exciting. What people generally remember most are the Finals though.

What may make this year worst though is you had two Game 7's in the second round and both games ended up duds, with one of them being what is possibly the worst game 7 in the history of the NBA.

We're also back to the point where the Warriors are going to be back in the Finals short of a miracle Dallas comeback. No one is that excited about it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What's the NBA supposed to do about one team not being able to make shots? And then the teams flip flop for the next game.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's the NBA supposed to do about one team not being able to make shots? And then the teams flip flop for the next game.
Limit the amount of threes teams can shoot per game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

:snoop"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do away with the 3 point line all together
I like the 3, always have.. Just think it's become the only shot to take for far too many players.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler has fallen a bit back to earth in this series at this point. His last two games haven't been good.. Game 3 he got hurt.. Injury could be affecting him I suppose.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like the 3, always have.. Just think it's become the only shot to take for far too many players.
I used to. Unfortunately, for the reason you mention amongst others, it’s killing the game at least for me. I know viewership is pretty high, so must still be attracting a lot of people

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I used to. Unfortunately, for the reason you mention amongst others, it’s killing the game at least for me. I know viewership is pretty high, so must still be attracting a lot of people
The fans have always had attraction to high scoring games and the three point shot is generally exciting to fans. There's two plays that excite fans more than anything else, dunks and threes. The rest of the stuff the general fan doesn't care about, unless its a game winning/buzzer beater shot.

If you go through eras, you see the low scoring eras as some of the lower viewership/ticket sales.

This is just the realism in me seeing what it is currently. For me, I'm not fond of the massive amount of threes either. I prefer the style about 10 years ago where you had a decent mix going in the NBA.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Honestly a lot of the playoffs forever are just bad/boring basketball.

We have some good series here and there. I think with the past two years we had some pandemic "omg glad to have this back" kind of thinking. Last season many of the series did seem better, plus it was completely up in the air as to who was going to win.

From 2011-2018, you basically had LeBron vs the West, and from 2015-2018 it was Cavs vs Warriors every single Finals. It was a foregone conclusion the Warriors were going to the Finals before the playoffs even started until From 2015-2019. Even the two times they were threatened, they pulled off G7 wins in 2016 and 2018.

2018 LeBron did have two game 7 series that had plenty of close games, but it always seemed like a foregone conclusion they were going to win in the end. The Bulls put up a fight in 2015 vs CLE until Game 6 where they clearly gave up.

For as much as people make out about the 2016 Warriors/Cavs Finals.. every single game except Game 7 was a blowout.

So, there are some gems of series here and there in that time frame, but any overall playoff isn't all that exciting. What people generally remember most are the Finals though.

What may make this year worst though is you had two Game 7's in the second round and both games ended up duds, with one of them being what is possibly the worst game 7 in the history of the NBA.

We're also back to the point where the Warriors are going to be back in the Finals short of a miracle Dallas comeback. No one is that excited about it.
Without looking I'm guessing the ratings would show that people actually watch more when there is a superteam/dynasty involved in the finals as it creates more of a rooting interest than when it's bucks vs sun's and you'd be fine with either team winning.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Without looking I'm guessing the ratings would show that people actually watch more when there is a superteam/dynasty involved in the finals as it creates more of a rooting interest than when it's bucks vs sun's and you'd be fine with either team winning.
That is entirely correct, which makes me not the norm, as my favorite finals are often when new teams arrive/win.

As bad as most of those Finals were, LeBron vs the Warriors had great ratings. The Warriors 4 game sweep in 2018 averaged more viewership than the next season where the Raptors took down the Warriors in 6 games.

Reactions: BNB