I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The fans have always had attraction to high scoring games and the three point shot is generally exciting to fans. There's two plays that excite fans more than anything else, dunks and threes. The rest of the stuff the general fan doesn't care about, unless its a game winning/buzzer beater shot.

If you go through eras, you see the low scoring eras as some of the lower viewership/ticket sales.

This is just the realism in me seeing what it is currently. For me, I'm not fond of the massive amount of threes either. I prefer the style about 10 years ago where you had a decent mix going in the NBA.
Oh, I know. It’s just killing my enjoyment of the game. I know I’m not who the NBA is targeting

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Will it be Boston or Miami that gets whipped by GS?!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If only every series was Bulls Celts 2009.
Very few series have ever ended up like that. Really the 1981 ECF is the only series I can think of that tops the closeness of Bulls-Celtics 2009. Several series have been competitive and had many close games.. Suns/Clippers last year the first four games were really good, though Phoenix grabbed the 3-1 lead. Game 6 was an anti-climatic game other than seeing the Suns make the Finals for the first time since 93.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Will it be Boston or Miami that gets whipped by GS?!
Boston is more talented and Jimmy is hurt so....Boston

I do think Celtics could make the finals more entertaining than Miami would.

Sidenote: This is probably the year Curry finally gets Finals MVP.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Celtics I would favor in the series if it wasnt for experience factor. Boston would have to keep laser focus, but their defense could cause nightmares for GS. GS is still a fast pace turnover prone team. Boston is really just great defensively. The length and ability to switch on anyone. Horford is playing at a Green level. Smart needs to be healthy or healthy enough. Tatum would have to keep consistency. I think it will be a hell of a series. I think Miami is to banged up and lack star power.

Side note: Kevon Looney is only 26. I thought the dude was older than me and I am 36 lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I've heard described of the Heat defense, it sounds like the Warriors would just shell them from 3.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually think Boston has a pretty good chance against GS.

Like Silence said, the biggest thing I think going against Boston is experience. Aside from that, I think they match up very well. Also, something just seems off about GS to me. They struggled against an undermanned Denver team more than I thought they would have. I understand it was a 5-game series, but I feel like the "old Warriors" team would have swept and won every game convincingly. This time around, Denver won 1, and they were right there for 2 others. Against a good, but inexperienced Memphis team, the Warriors looked out of sorts for the most part, were on the losing side of one of the biggest blowouts in recent playoff history against a team WITHOUT their best player.. They looked pretty okay against Dallas, but again.. just very inconsistent, and Dallas should have won game 2, but their inexperience shattered them.

Even though Boston hasn't been to the finals before, this group has had deep playoff runs. In fact, I believe it's been their 3rd ECF together (Tatum, Brown, Smart).

If they don't let nerves get the best of them... idk, I think Boston has a pretty good shot.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy looks back to form after dealing with knee soreness the last 2 games.

Boston has a way more talented roster but i don't doubt Jimmy could pull it off playing like this.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Boston overall didn't even have that bad of a game. Jimmy just fuckin dominated.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Uh oh…Boston letting another opportunity slip thru their hands?!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
My money is on Jimmy having another clutch and dominate performance. Maybe not 47 points, but he’ll have a monster game and come up clutch

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Uh oh…Boston letting another opportunity slip thru their hands?!

I sure as hell hope not.

Personally, I think a MIA/GS finals would be terrible. Miami would be limping their way into the finals, just like they did in the bubble. What's funny is that Miami beat Boston to get to the finals in the bubble haha.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hmm so Jimmy complained about teammates to force himself around the league till he ended up in Miami, where it appears he still doesn’t have good enough teammates to win it all. Maybe jimmy should of stayed in Philly with Embiid after all

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I laughed when Jimmy missed that 3 to win the game. That’s what he has always wanted and couldn’t deliver.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what are your predictions, boys?

My head is telling me Warriors in 6, but my gut is saying Celtics in 7. I'm a bit torn.