2023-2024 Bulls News Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
My prediction: To the Warriors for Chris Paul, Kuminga, and Moody. CP3 and DeRozan will be re-signed, while Kuminga and Moody are treated as the future. Bleak.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
My guess is neither are traded.

I’m sensing a trade this year. At the moment, LaVine’s value is probably as low as it’s been in a few years and DeRozan is a pending FA. DD seems like the one to trade, but who knows. Not sure what the Bulls could get back if they package DD/Pat. Maybe a mid 1st and some roster fillers

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lavine will only benefit a team if he isn't the guy. If someone trades for him and makes him their #1, they won't have success. LaVine isn't it.

I've said it before... LaVine is a perfect example of a guy who puts up "empty stats." Those are stats that look nice on paper but don't translate to wins. The fact that he put up 51 against the Pistons and we still lost by 16 is an example of that.

He has to be one of the only Max NBA players in the NBA history who has had a negative +/- in almost every season he's played. Last year was the only season it was positive, and it was +0.23. He just doesn't impact the game much.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lavine will only benefit a team if he isn't the guy. If someone trades for him and makes him their #1, they won't have success. LaVine isn't it.

I've said it before... LaVine is a perfect example of a guy who puts up "empty stats." Those are stats that look nice on paper but don't translate to wins. The fact that he put up 51 against the Pistons and we still lost by 16 is an example of that.

He has to be one of the only Max NBA players in the NBA history who has had a negative +/- in almost every season he's played. Last year was the only season it was positive, and it was +0.23. He just doesn't impact the game much.

There is such a thing as empty stats and I think LaVine has always embodied that pretty well. Which is fine….those players have value…but more as a 3rd option and non max player

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is such a thing as empty stats and I think LaVine has always embodied that pretty well. Which is fine….those players have value…but more as a 3rd option and non max player

Yeah, to me, Kevin Love was the same way with the Wolves. Put up insane numbers, but they couldn't buy a win. But next to LBJ and Kyrie in Cleveland? He played his role and they won a ring.

So, yeah... I agree haha

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m sensing a trade this year. At the moment, LaVine’s value is probably as low as it’s been in a few years and DeRozan is a pending FA. DD seems like the one to trade, but who knows. Not sure what the Bulls could get back if they package DD/Pat. Maybe a mid 1st and some roster fillers
I'm sensing a trade, I just don't think it'll end up being LaVine or DeMar.

I'd trade both at this point frankly.

Sell high on Caruso too.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
grizzlies really need help with big men. maybe they might be interested in taking Vuc from us once the bulls are able to trade him post December 15th. if the grizz can win some games between now and then they might have interest for making a run when ja comes back.

grizz get Vuc
bulls get Tillman, injured Adams, and a first round draft pick(grizz would also use the trade exception they got from dillon brooks to make the salaries match for the trade)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The kicker can be waived by Zach and will likely have to be because while the Bulls pay it, the other team takes the cap hit. It does give him some leverage in deciding where he goes as it's essentially a soft no trade clause.

I remember Matt Geiger stopping Iverson to Detroit because he wouldn't waive his trade kicker.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like trade kickers are pretty standard in max contracts nowadays. It's also possible a team is just willing eat that cap hit, but as mentioned Jerry is probably the limiting factor there. Idk, maybe there's an under the table agreement where the other owner just pays the 15% to Jerry to make the trade work lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
rumors of Coby White being traded to SA for Devonte Graham and a 1st round pick

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alex Caruso named to Team USA 41 player roster.

He might not make the eventual Olympic team, but always a good sign to see a player from your team included in Team USA

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Alex Caruso named to Team USA 41 player roster.

He might not make the eventual Olympic team, but always a good sign to see a player from your team included in Team USA

That means lock his ass down to a long contract. He's going to network and skill build. Great asset.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That means lock his ass down to a long contract. He's going to network and skill build. Great asset.
Caruso is definitely our most valuable asset currently, as funny as that sounds. Great contract value and fills a role that literally any team would desire.