Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As an addendum, if we extend "GarPax" to include the timeframe where only Paxson was GM (2003-2009)...then you can say it's a landslide victory for GarPax because the Paxson era was by comparison incomparable to the AK era. Pax's first two drafts alone you could say beat out all of Gar and AK's picks put together

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Carter Jr is such an odd case for your list there, clone. Hindsight being what it is, I would not have made the trade for Vuc, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have wanted to move WCJ.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter Jr is such an odd case for your list there, clone. Hindsight being what it is, I would not have made the trade for Vuc, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have wanted to move WCJ.
Right you are. And I think, if we really want to be objective about it, WCJ hasn't even really been THAT much better in Orlando. One of his biggest issues here was health and that part still hasn't improved in Orlando. He definitely improved that 3pt shot though and I think that's really enabled him to be an effective part of that team still.

As I've said in several other posts, the Bulls lose the Vuc trade because of the draft picks (and ultimately what those picks became) and Vuc declining from his All Star level, not because of WCJ.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Right you are. And I think, if we really want to be objective about it, WCJ hasn't even really been THAT much better in Orlando. One of his biggest issues here was health and that part still hasn't improved in Orlando. He definitely improved that 3pt shot though and I think that's really enabled him to be an effective part of that team still.

As I've said in several other posts, the Bulls lose the Vuc trade because of the draft picks (and ultimately what those picks became) and Vuc declining from his All Star level, not because of WCJ.
WCJ has definitely had some stretches where he has stacked some good games on top of each other, but he's not a game changer. He's a JAG.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The issue with GarPax, is that when the Bulls had the opportunity to move over the hump, they squandered it every time. And when players/coaches showed their frustration, GarPax then took it out on the team, instead of setting their egos aside for the BETTERMENT of the Bulls. And don't give me the Jerry Reinsdorf fall guy bit. The owners are just an investment group that exists whether the team is managed by one dude or another.

That's why I'm not willing to give up on AK yet. AK fights to make changes and doesn't take it out on the players or coaches. Just because he doesn't make a big move every year, doesn't mean he's done. Not my #1 favorite GM(he's a middle of the road guy), but if the question is AK vs Gar? Yeah, I'll take AK.

I think the fans always want trades to get excited for, but that's always the right move, they'd be buying high and selling low. There is no force trade button here. It's the first time we've seen chemistry with the Bulls in a while, just lackluster talent and health. Billy is such a great chemistry developing coach, I want to see what they can do with these challenges.

I just hate knowing our history, that broken players in a Bulls uniform just seem like they're glass for the rest of their career, and we just watch all these expensive players who can never get to 100% again. That's where 99% of our frustration lies.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The issue with GarPax, is that when the Bulls had the opportunity to move over the hump, they squandered it every time. And when players/coaches showed their frustration, GarPax then took it out on the team, instead of setting their egos aside for the BETTERMENT of the Bulls. And don't give me the Jerry Reinsdorf fall guy bit. The owners are just an investment group that exists whether the team is managed by one dude or another.

That's why I'm not willing to give up on AK yet. AK fights to make changes and doesn't take it out on the players or coaches. Just because he doesn't make a big move every year, doesn't mean he's done. Not my #1 favorite GM(he's a middle of the road guy), but if the question is AK vs Gar? Yeah, I'll take AK.

I think the fans always want trades to get excited for, but that's always the right move, they'd be buying high and selling low. There is no force trade button here. It's the first time we've seen chemistry with the Bulls in a while, just lackluster talent and health. Billy is such a great chemistry developing coach, I want to see what they can do with these challenges.

I just hate knowing our history, that broken players in a Bulls uniform just seem like they're glass for the rest of their career, and we just watch all these expensive players who can never get to 100% again. That's where 99% of our frustration lies.
Respect your opinion but disagree on AK, I believe he has been criminally negligent in his duties.

Three years of fielding a boring limp-dicked roster that is nearly unwatchable and residing in NBA purgatoty, and this r3tard can make 0.0 roster improvements at the deadline? It’s his fucking job to hunt for and find accretive trades, that’s one of the primary functions of a GM. It’s on him to find someone to fleece or to identify undervalued assets.

He is a fucking disaster, and to think I was as stoked as anyone when he came in and when the prior shit regime was booted.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Respect your opinion but disagree on AK, I believe he has been criminally negligent in his duties.

Three years of fielding a boring limp-dicked roster that is nearly unwatchable and residing in NBA purgatoty, and this r3tard can make 0.0 roster improvements at the deadline? It’s his fucking job to hunt for and find accretive trades, that’s one of the primary functions of a GM. It’s on him to find someone to fleece or to identify undervalued assets.

He is a fucking disaster, and to think I was as stoked as anyone when he came in and when the prior shit regime was booted.

So you think Gar is better than AK. Which is the entire context of my post, so what makes you say Gar is better? With or without trying to find superlatives for each thought, both are accepted.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you think Gar is better than AK. Which is the entire context of my post, so what makes you say Gar is better? With or without trying to find superlatives for each thought, both are accepted.
GarPax was also an unmitigated disaster, but at least they didn’t stay pat when holding shit cards. Both GMs should be launched out of a cannon.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was ultimately the point of my post earlier as well which Knox laughed at. Gar isn't a landslide victory over AK unless you include the Paxson tenure prior to when Gar was the GM as the "GarPax era". When Gar was the guy making all the decisions, it wasn't really any better than what we see today

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That was ultimately the point of my post earlier as well which Knox laughed at. Gar isn't a landslide victory over AK unless you include the Paxson tenure prior to when Gar was the GM as the "GarPax era". When Gar was the guy making all the decisions, it wasn't really any better than what we see today

Excuse me sir,
I'd like to review your product quality by giving it a 1⭐ review for being late a day on free shipping.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
An ironic thing about the position AK has put himself in, in theory we could sign a buyout player (this would make no difference to the end result of this team, so why bother imo) and still be under the tax BUT if Coby hits whatever unlikely incentives are in his contract for this year (I have been completely unable to find details on what they are), he will get 1.3M more which only gives AK 400k to work with under the tax.

Now, buyout deals are typically on a prorated amount so it's not really that much, but taking Pat Bev's contract last year as reference, he signed for about 500k per basketball-reference, meaning if Bulls sign a buyout player and Coby hits whatever incentives he has, Bulls will pay the tax lol.

As we know, paying the tax is a no-no from Jerry (unless the team is a title contender, which obviously they are not), so I would be very unsurprised to see no action on the buyout market this year for that reason alone.

But...the buyout market kinda sucks anyway this year so there's also that

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls convert Onuralp Bitim's 2 way contract to standard contract, filling their final roster spot and effectively removing them from the buyout market (not that it was any good to begin with).

While Bitim hasn't really gotten any NBA minutes, he is doing pretty solid in the GLeague averaging 16.7ppg on 45.6% FG% and 43.3% 3pt%. Good for 3rd on the team in scoring (excluding Julian Phillips) behind Adama Sanogo and Quenton Jackson.

Overall this move amounts to a whole lot of nothing but "huh?" and will likely be inconsequential to anything

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Bitim's stats are good for GLeague, but he gets out of control fast. Lot of mid-air passes, lands wide-legged a LOT.... this is a recipe for injury and added turnover. The coaches have their work cut out.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Completing their questionable moves, Bulls sign Andrew Funk to a two way deal. Apparently he's a good shooter

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Holy shit he has those Will Ferrel Hairy legs.

They're trying to save attendance by using the Flint Tropics business model.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In today's "meh" news, Javonte Green replaces Terry Taylor on the roster as he's signed for the rest of the season and Taylor gets waived.