2023 CCS Fantasy Keeper League

Vote your status

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome back all. Time to check in for Season 3!!

Please vote above & post here if you are returning or not. $25 each lIRC? Knoxville7 has been gracious to host as commissioner on Yahoo.

Rules recap: 12 teams, half PPR. Up to 3 keepers from last draft - each to be kept at 1 round higher than they were drafted at last year, up to 3 years total, then the player re-enters FA draft pool. This means KEEP 3 times IIRC. So next year, some players might be returning to the pool, if not moved up too high for value by then anyway.

Last season's thread FYI - 2022 CCS Fantasy Keeper League

If unsure of your roster/draft last year, it'll be available once Knoxville renews the CCS Keeper League on Yahoo.

?⬇

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll be in if I can make the draft. If it falls on a date I'm unavailable, I'll give my spot to someone else.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'll be in if I can make the draft. If it falls on a date I'm unavailable, I'll give my spot to someone else.
Well, provide us dates that you can work with then ?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Got mine and I’m in….

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year's draft to determine your keeper round values:

Yahoo

Found in Upper tab bar list: Draft > Last Season (in drop down)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Just to confirm, no first round keepers since it costs a round more to keep.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It says Cooper Kupp was a 1st rounder but I picked him up off waivers, does this mean I can't keep him?
If you picked him up on waivers, he is viewed as a last round pick, so you would get to keep him for the round before the last round of the draft. If that makes sense?

Also, whoever dropped him is an idiot lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you picked him up on waivers, he is viewed as a last round pick, so you would get to keep him for the round before the last round of the draft. If that makes sense?

Also, whoever dropped him is an idiot lol
I know he had that injury at the end of the year, so I am thankful that someone dropped him

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to confirm, no first round keepers since it costs a round more to keep.

You cannot keep your first Rd pick from last year. You can keep your 2nd Rd pick from last year but it'll cost you your 1st Rd. pick.

Not sure if we ever nailed that down. For ex. I kept friggin Jevonte Williams on my IR spot all last season so I'd have him as a keeper in later rounds, that damn bum?‍♂️. Whoever had Cupp SHOULD'VE done that also. There prob. should be a rule not to snipe a player in last few weeks who's been on real life IR just to have as a future keeper, but since I don't think that was ever ironed out or clear, it's fair game. Certainly a MAJOR advantage to whoever has top waiver claims late in season & happens to notice.

If Cupp was picked up during playoffs, that shouldn't be fair to keep him, as teams not in playoffs wouldn't have a chance to claim him, no?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he had that injury at the end of the year, so I am thankful that someone dropped him
*edited* Kupp was a 1st round pick last year (#3 overall) = not a keeper regardless. Him being dropped due to injury to clear a roster spot doesn't make him eligible to be a keeper; certainly not at a FA late Round waiver value.

This late injury/drop shouldn't make him now eligible to be a keeper. Especially not as a next to last rounder. Don't blame you for trying & asking tho.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Kupp was dropped by team "Jumbo Package", who drafted him as his 1st Rd. pick (#3 overall), therefore he dropped him b/c he wasn't elligible to be a keeper regardless of injury.

This late injury/drop shouldn't make him now eligible to be a keeper. Especially not as a next to last rounder. Don't blame you for trying & asking tho.
I'm Jumbo Package. I didn't have a first rounder last year as I kept Taylor. That said, i don't think it should matter where he was drafted if he was dropped. It's just good strategy imo.

Bob Marley dropped him

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm Jumbo Package. I didn't have a first rounder last year as I kept Taylor. That said, i don't think it should matter where he was drafted if he was dropped. It's just good strategy imo.

Bob Marley dropped him

Ah, okay. I thought the final slate team roster would've cleared the draft out to zero if picked up off waivers, but it shows as a 1st rounder still, even though you didn't draft him. Seeing this threw me off.

Cooper Kupp on Jumbo roster.png

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Okay. Since we can’t change it for this season, fair enough, let’s go with position drafted IF PICKED UP OFF WW for next ff season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ah, okay. I thought the final slate team roster would've cleared the draft out to zero if picked up off waivers, but it shows as a 1st rounder still, even though you didn't draft him. Seeing this threw me off.

View attachment 29957
Same, that's why I was asking because I would think once dropped, it would clear him unless he were reacquired by the team that drafted him. Want to make sure it isn't gonna cause an issue in the system so I know how to put in my keepers. @knoxville7

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same, that's why I was asking because I would think once dropped, it would clear him unless he were reacquired by the team that drafted him. Want to make sure it isn't gonna cause an issue in the system so I know how to put in my keepers. @knoxville7
I wonder if Kupp was among one of those "can't cut" top players, being ranked 9th overall?? I really don't have experience with this. Apparently that exists to prevent collusion. Maybe his late injury & IR status threw a wrench into it?

Regardless, looking FW to another season!