Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with @Starion

I'm in another keeper league, and the way we have it set up there is that, if a guy was drafted high and put on IR and subsequently dropped... whoever claims him and decides to keep him loses the pick a round ahead of where that player was originally drafted. If a player went undrafted and picked off of waivers and you decide to keep him, then you lose your last pick. This actually seems to be the standard for keeper leagues.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of luck in terms of who had waiver priority. And picking up a guy who was a high pick and dropped by someone else and losing a later pick seems... idk.... not entirely fair, imo.

I don't even remember where I was in the waiver, but I do remember Cupp being dropped and I didn't even bother picking him up because I was tanking, knew that Cupp was drafted in the first, and I knew we couldn't keep first round picks. If I would have known that we could pick him up and lose our last pick, I of course would have tried to get him. I mean, who wouldn't? But again, at that point it's just luck in terms of who had waiver priority.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Waiver priority goes to the worst teams, so I don’t see much of a problem with it. Competitive balance and all. Now, what does suck is the crappy teams passed on the opportunity, leaving jumbo package the opportunity and he did not waste it

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Waiver priority goes to the worst teams, so I don’t see much of a problem with it. Competitive balance and all. Now, what does suck is the crappy teams passed on the opportunity, leaving jumbo package the opportunity and he did not waste it

My issue isn't with the waiver priority, it's with the fact that if someone drops someone that was drafted very high and someone else picks him up and decides to keep them, the player doesn't hold their original draft value. If we're saying that the team that picked that player up loses their last pick, that doesn't seem right/fair imo.

The standard in keeper leagues is either for the player to hold their draft position, or another common one is to not allow players on IR to be picked up at all, which avoid this issue altogether. I think that's why no one in this league seemed to even know about this.

Drafted Cooper Kupp in the first round? Sorry you can't keep him.
Traded for Cooper Kupp? Sorry you can't keep him because he was drafted in the first round.
Picked up Kupp because he was dropped and you want to keep him? Congrats, you get him in exchange for your 13th pick.

It doesn't really make sense haha

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ ^ BNB confirms what I understand to be standard practice in several applicable ways.

In addition: the "Can't Cut List". A top 9 overall player is the definition of this rule.

Allowing a drop exception bec of IR is fair, but he's still not a keeper to begin with, much less at a bottom draft pick. Nah. Can't make an exception on top of another exception.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I'm not in this league so I have not vested interest on how the rule should play out, but this is my keeper rule for one of my leagues:

Any player on a teams final roster can be kept so long as they meet this criteria, they were not a keeper in the previous year and if they were picked up off of waivers at $1 of FABB was used on the player.

If it is a player that was drafted they are kept in the round they were drafted and if they were picked up through waivers they would be kept in the 4th round.

If a player is traded to a new team, the new team has the keeper rights to them so long as they were not a keeper in the previous year.

Now the rule that could apply to the current situation with Kupp is assigning players who were dropped and picked up off waivers is assigning them a certain round instead of letting them be kept in the last round.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm not sure who's who for some of our teams. ?

Returning so far:
Starion – Wyld Stallyns
knoxville7 – Soy Boy Beta
BNB
Leomaz
Dentfan
nc0gnet0
Ijustposthere – Jumbo Package
Raskolnikov

Yet to confirm:
PrideisBears
mceownr22

2 members missing from my list - who?

CCS Keeper 2022 finish.png

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I've been in jail. Give me a chance to figure it out, I'm in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My issue isn't with the waiver priority, it's with the fact that if someone drops someone that was drafted very high and someone else picks him up and decides to keep them, the player doesn't hold their original draft value. If we're saying that the team that picked that player up loses their last pick, that doesn't seem right/fair imo.

The standard in keeper leagues is either for the player to hold their draft position, or another common one is to not allow players on IR to be picked up at all, which avoid this issue altogether. I think that's why no one in this league seemed to even know about this.

Drafted Cooper Kupp in the first round? Sorry you can't keep him.
Traded for Cooper Kupp? Sorry you can't keep him because he was drafted in the first round.
Picked up Kupp because he was dropped and you want to keep him? Congrats, you get him in exchange for your 13th pick.

It doesn't really make sense haha

I wasn't aware that is how it works. That's bogus, I wouldn't have dropped the injured player if I could have kept him for even a first rounder. You know?

But kupp had no value to me. Doesn't make sense he should have value to another.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't aware that is how it works. That's bogus, I wouldn't have dropped the injured player if I could have kept him for even a first rounder. You know?

But kupp had no value to me. Doesn't make sense he should have value to another.
You couldn't have kept him, even as a 1st rounder, regardless, since you drafted him with your 1st Rd. pick last year. Each keeper moves up a Rd each year, so no previous 1st rounders can be kept the next year. We all loose our 1st rounder picks after each year. Keeps the draft pool interesting & not completely shallow.

Welcome back BTW. ?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW I kept Javonte Williams stashed all year just so I'd have him as an RB1 Keeper for this draft.

That said, I'm willing to trade him and his keeper status in Round 6 this draft for a later pick of yours, assuming that's allowed?

With trades, you'd also get my last pick since I'd be gaining another in equity for the rights to the player. Let the Javonte bidding commence! ?

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you meet @Black Rainbow there?

You couldn't have kept him, even as a 1st rounder, regardless, since you drafted him with your 1st Rd. pick last year. Each keeper moves up a Rd each year, so no previous 1st rounders can be kept the next year. We all loose our 1st rounder picks after each year. Keeps the draft pool interesting & not completely shallow.

Welcome back BTW. ?

Exactly. I couldn't have even kept him. He was injured. I dropped him. Why should someone else get to keep him for a 15th rounder?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Returning so far:
Starion – Wyld Stallyns
BNB
Leomaz
Dentfan
nc0gnet0
Raskolnikov

Yet to confirm:
PrideisBears
mceownr22

View attachment 30069
League has now been renewed

Keeper deadline is Aug 7th

Everyone should of gotten an email to renew their team. Let me know if you didn’t

@Starion
@dweebs19
@ijustposthere
@BNB
@nc0gnet0
@Raskolnikov
@Adipost
@dentfan
@mceownr22
@Leomaz
@PrideisBears
Only 6 have signed into their teams so far. Need to get people in to do their keeper selections ahead of the draft

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only 6 have signed into their teams so far. Need to get people in to do their keeper selections ahead of the draft
= 4 of you said yes, but need to log in & accept the invite on Yahoo. Knox can PM & send an invite again to get you in. Let him know. Now's the time to iron out any possible Yahoo probs.

Please post here which team name is yours.

Per my list, there's still 2 who haven't responded here, to PMs, or last years thread. If there's an opening, I'll claim one for my g/f take over (*she won her league last year ⚠). Other spot will be opened if unclaimed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Returning so far:
Starion – Wyld Stallyns
BNB
Leomaz
Dentfan
nc0gnet0
Raskolnikov

Yet to confirm:
PrideisBears
mceownr22

View attachment 30069

My team is Bob Marley's Bong Fish

But I need a link.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Link isn't valid anymore.
Football season is upon us! Join my league "CCS Keeper League"

And you’re not valid anymore!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Football season is upon us! Join my league "CCS Keeper League"

And you’re not valid anymore!!!
I can't join. If you want to compete with me I'll need a new link or let me join and assign me my old team.

If you would rather duck me I understand.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I can't join. If you want to compete with me I'll need a new link or let me join and assign me my old team.

If you would rather duck me I understand.
If you can’t join, that’s on you bro…you’re ducking us