Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This thread is memorializing the historic, unprecedented feat achieved last Thursday of an NFL coach calling 33 consecutive pass plays in a one-score game. I copied and pasted the play-by-play from pfr of every Bears offensive play beginning at 10:00 left in the third quarter. As you can see, other than a couple of punts, it was 33 consecutive plays that were intended to have the QB pass the ball.

View attachment 2829
Nice post OP. Man... that's just crazy how it slipped away from Nagy. He probly wasnt even aware it was happening quite like that.. he just kept calling play after play as they popped in his head.. never thinking a run would be as effective as his idea.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Nice post OP. Man... that's just crazy how it slipped away from Nagy. He probly wasnt even aware it was happening quite like that.. he just kept calling play after play as they popped in his head.. never thinking a run would be as effective as his idea.

This is a scary thought but most likely what happened. Completely caught up in the moment while forgetting it was a 1 score game the entire time. What other offensive genius in the NFL today does this to a QB who is very obviously struggling?

This is something the Lions would do. Embarrassing.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blah blah blah..... it was a run. It did not say a pass completed. It did not go into his stats as a pass it was a run .

Wtf does that have to do with the fact that 33 straight pass plays were called by Nagy? You were wrong.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wtf does that have to do with the fact that 33 straight pass plays were called by Nagy? You were wrong.
Nope. Suck it you old wanker.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Srs. Hopefully he is just palling around with a little troll job but if not it is very Trumpesque for someone constantly spamming memes of Trump doing his fake news bit

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Why does this remind me of clerks with the 37 Dick sucks. “In a row”.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

To play devils advocate, RPO’s are technically called run plays that the QB checks into a pass. Kinda like that QB scramble was technically a called pass play that the QB checked into a run.

Last edited:

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is exactly what happens, when you call RPOs for a QB who is obviously not able to read defenses properly or at least on a regular basis. It's simply not a good idea to leave the decision whether it's gonna be a run or a pass in the hands of your overmatched QB. Nothing good can come of that, and I hope Nagy has learned that the hard way by now.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You were absolutely wrong and are disagreeing with or denying facts.
Not at all. No pass play no added pass attempt to his stat no incompletion to his stats.

Last edited:

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
33 pass plays does not scream lack of confidence in my quarterback. John Fox run 35 consecutive times does.

Shit's not adding up at Halas hall. Too much smoke to see where the fire is

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
33 pass plays in a row. What an offensive savant genius guru, guys.