WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was play calling malpractice.

beantacos

Liked Posts:
Interesting that a statistic showing Nagy putting the offense in a position to fail getting less legs than the QB rating.

Bears fans being Bears fans.

beantacos

Liked Posts:
There were still open guys on those 33 plays that he flat missed.

Lack of preparation, when you skip preseason and you can't be surprized when your offense delivers a week 1 preseason effort. Issues such as locking onto a primary receiver are things that get worked out through game reps.

It's clear that every aspect of the offense was completely out of depth, no unit had a decent game, you'd either have to be incredibly optimistic or incredibly negative (not sure which) to come out of that game thinking your unprepared QB should have been capable of saving the day.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This dude is really stretching it on some of these plays.

Whitehair misses the block on a stunt, leaving Smith running free right up the middle and into Trubisky’s face, but Trubisky “spins out of the pocket for no reason at all”. ?

HxE_i7.gif

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Whitehair misses the block on a stunt, leaving Smith running free right up the middle and into Trubisky’s face, but Trubisky “spins out of the pocket for no reason at all”. ?

HxE_i7.gif

But if he steps up he would clearly see the open receiver!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

HxE_i7.gif

Is it me or does it look like the Cohen & Patterson ran the same route and are basically on top of one another(they are less than 4 yds apart in depth)? Why the fuck is Patterson out there??????????????

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This dude is really stretching it on some of these plays.

He might have been wrong about how Mitch reacted in the pocket, but the point of his video was that receivers were open and mole eye missed the hell out of them. That is 100% accurate.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I've put some time into my feelings about 33 straight pass attempts and at the end of the day I don't care.

You can pass fora variety of reasons. Could be to get the QB going, develop some passing rhythm, identify mismatches, spread the field, etc... I know it didn't work, but I also know the solution isn't as simple as saying 'run more'. As a refresher, running wasn't doing that great either.

I also think the week 1 loss was Nagy testing Mitch. After that loss they can pull a part the tape and give Mitch both weekly and season long adjustments to his game. In short, if Nagy needs Mitch to drive the ball late in the season/playoffs let's take the early games in the season to test where he's at and make the appropriate adjustments.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I've put some time into my feelings about 33 straight pass attempts and at the end of the day I don't care.

You can pass fora variety of reasons. Could be to get the QB going, develop some passing rhythm, identify mismatches, spread the field, etc... I know it didn't work, but I also know the solution isn't as simple as saying 'run more'. As a refresher, running wasn't doing that great either.

I also think the week 1 loss was Nagy testing Mitch. After that loss they can pull a part the tape and give Mitch both weekly and season long adjustments to his game. In short, if Nagy needs Mitch to drive the ball late in the season/playoffs let's take the early games in the season to test where he's at and make the appropriate adjustments.

Somebody should tell Nagy that the preseason exists.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Somebody should tell Nagy that the preseason exists.

What's Mitch going to learn against a vanilla defense?

Maybe here's a better way of looking at it. If the goal is to get Mitch ready for a 4th quarter comeback in the playoffs for this season what is the better learning ground:

1 - Beating a non-playoff, non-game planning Washington team in the 3rd preseason game
2 - Putting it all on him and losing to a division rival in week 1

I know the loss sucks, but at this point of the season it's all about setting up what the team looks like in December, January and hopefully Feb.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
33 throws and only 1 INT! That's a protection rate of 97%!! Good stuff!

Bort

Liked Posts:
This thread is memorializing the historic, unprecedented feat achieved last Thursday of an NFL coach calling 33 consecutive pass plays in a one-score game. I copied and pasted the play-by-play from pfr of every Bears offensive play beginning at 10:00 left in the third quarter. As you can see, other than a couple of punts, it was 33 consecutive plays that were intended to have the QB pass the ball.

View attachment 2829
When was the first time you got so mad at Nagy after watching a Bears game that you came here and started a thread about it? I popped that cherry after the debacle against the Packers back in week 1 of 2019.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
When was the first time you got so mad at Nagy after watching a Bears game that you came here and started a thread about it? I popped that cherry after the debacle against the Packers back in week 1 of 2019.

I can't remember exactly but it was about 3/4 of the way through the 2018 season his play calling became predictable when teams started catching on to what he was trying to do. I actually thought he was hit/miss in 2019 and again in 2020. For whatever reason, he's completely regressed now in his 4th year. I am assuming this (in his mind) is some sort of evolution of his playbook. The problem is, his players can't execute it and it sucks.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't quote me but I counted only 3 running plays by the Bears in the second half and one was a Wild Cat. I got as high as 20 consecutive passes but I thought it would be easier just to count the run plays.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not an Xs and Os guy....but do you guys even want a HC or OC that utilizes RPO?

From my perspective it just seems so...shitty as a base for the scheme.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same here....just hours after the loss....

And I got you on notice Matt Nagy.

You let all that good offseason press go to your head and decided “FTP” meant something entirely different. I really don't want to support the idea that playing your starters in August...at least on one severely deficient side of the ball...would really make a substantial difference, but I am not the one swallowing three delay of game penalties on your home field during the nationally televised NFL Season Opener that also marks the 100th anniversary of the franchise that just literally paid you millions of dollars NOT to have an offense that disgusting on these sort of occasions.

Clean this mess up quick coach, because it ain't getting any easier

Bort

Liked Posts:
Don't quote me but I counted only 3 running plays by the Bears in the second half and one was a Wild Cat. I got as high as 20 consecutive passes but I thought it would be easier just to count the run plays.
The last 33 plays of the game were all pass plays with a couple of punts on 4th down (Mitch scrambled once, it wasn’t a designed run)