3B Trade Options: Rockies' Ian Stewart & Padres' Chase Headley

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
@cubsgop
Randy DeBoer Bruce Levine said he expects #Cubs to trade for Chase Headley this week. Also expects other trades from an area of strength-the bullpen.

Better then Stewart

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gotta think that has to do with Petco... He has a higher line drive rate at home but worse results.. His away numbers are quite good.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else thinking that the lineup is actually starting to come around with Headley and DeJesus. Clearly need an impact bat somewhere, but a lineup with Headley and DeJesus is certainly better than what we had prior.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else thinking that the lineup is actually starting to come around with Headley and DeJesus. Clearly need an impact bat somewhere, but a lineup with Headley and DeJesus is certainly better than what we had prior.

For sure. They've improved so far. If they can get Fielder or Pujols now and at least 1 SP then I'll be really excited.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha we could hope. I'd give them DeWitt and a low-level prospect, but I don't think that'd be enough.

If we have intentions of getting a new 2B I'd toss in Barney.. Probably has a lil more worth than DeWitt at this point.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
For sure. They've improved so far. If they can get Fielder or Pujols now and at least 1 SP then I'll be really excited.

Oh hell ya.

A couple weeks ago I tweeted my offseason wish list.

It was Fielder, Headley, Beuhrle, not Barney, not Ian Stewart.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we have intentions of getting a new 2B I'd toss in Barney.. Probably has a lil more worth than DeWitt at this point.

I could definitely see that. Barney could be useful for them at the top of their lineup.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh hell ya.

A couple weeks ago I tweeted my offseason wish list.

It was Fielder, Headley, Beuhrle, not Barney, not Ian Stewart.

That would be awesome. A hell of a start to the Epstein-Hoyer Era.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Id give up Barney for Headley... Easy...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may want Marmol for Headley...could be base of trade. They did lose Bell, so it could make sense. But I'm iffy on that...

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may want Marmol for Headley...could be base of trade. They did lose Bell, so it could make sense. But I'm iffy on that...

Bell to the Marlins? Wow. I'd love to know where they're getting all this cash. Their 27 fans must be millionaires.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think the Cubs will be on Fielder, potential line-up:

1) DeJesus
2) Castro
3) Headley
4) Fielder
5) Soriano
6) Byrd
7) Soto
8) Barney
9) pitcher

I think the Cubs will make a player after Cespedes (will take place of Byrd), I think there's a good chance Soriano will be traded (Byrd will play LF, until Jackson gets the call), Soto could be traded and maybe the Cubs sign another 2B. So.. subject to change and the line-up does not look bad.