No team wants to trade down.

Who’s your guy at 9?

cubsforlife

Liked Posts:
So draft day hits and the first 8 picks goes some combination of:

The 4 QBs. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze and Alt.

No team wants to trade down.

Who’s your guy at 9?
Whoever I like better of verse and turner. I say that because I haven't done my deep dive on turner yet.

Bowers, maybe. But I think Verse will be a high floor good player, with a high ceiling as well. Plus a top position and a huge position of need.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m going Fashanu and protecting the franchise.

Gives me tremendous depth and flexibility on the line. Maybe not the best move short term because it leaves a hole at DE. But long term I want the OL stocked.

Round 3/4 best DL/WR/OC available. Use the 3 million saved from cutting Borom towards any FA left.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
One of Bowers/Turner/Fashanu/Barton. Reason I included Barton (aside from him rising up the draft boards) is that he can play all 5 positions on the line and so would provide great flexibility in the event of an injury to anyone on the line.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One of Bowers/Turner/Fashanu/Barton. Reason I included Barton (aside from him rising up the draft boards) is that he can play all 5 positions on the line and so would provide great flexibility in the event of an injury to anyone on the line.

Way to take a stand there! 😂

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You take your preferred option at edge rusher. I'm a Latu guy, but wouldn't complain about either Verse or Turner.

But in reality, if this sutuation were to happen I have a hard time thinking Poles stands pat at #9. I think he takes below market value in return just to get an extra pick. Doesn't matter if he gets shafted, just wants more picks, however he can get them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gives me tremendous depth and flexibility on the line. Maybe not the best move short term because it leaves a hole at DE. But long term I want the OL stocked.

Round 3/4 best DL/WR/OC available. Use the 3 million saved from cutting Borom towards any FA left.
That was a close second for me

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still like Willie Beavers, even all these years later.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

I want DE in a pretty bad way, but I just couldn't be upset at all if the pick is Fashanu.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Way to take a stand there! 😂

Well, I mean, I want them to go offense at 9 but I don't think Poles will pass up the top DE if he's there given his draft history of using 75% of his high-end picks on defense. I've been on the Brock Bowers Bandwagon since he was a freshman, but I doubt they take him at 9 even if he's there. He's who I would take but I think he's the least likely of all four of the players mentioned simply because he's a tight end (despite his positional flexibility).

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
DE(Turner or Verse), WR(Thomas Jr or Adonai M), C(Powers Johnson)
Now the WR and C may or may not be a bit of an overdraft, but who cares, they add lots to the team, it would be along the lines of this is your 2nd rounder, you just get to pick it way sooner than you would