4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Any clue what positions the Raiders need help at that the Bears could possibly help to package in with a 1st rounder?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll keep saying what i've been saying in that i'd absolutely love to have K.Mack on the Bears but the cost to get him in draft picks and the $22+ mil per year he wants and with a very very strong free agency and draft for edge rushers i'll pass on Mack and draft one high, sign one in free agency and have L.Floyd as well. Unless one of these young kids we have now really steps up this year then i'd just hit edge rusher hard next offseason.

Damn it i'd love to have K.Mack wearing a Bears uniform though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A pass-rusher in his prime who's trajectoring as a Hall of Famer is well worth two firsts. Tell me, what Hall of Famers are the Bears likely to get with their next two first rounders?

Just don't forget that it's two first rounders and $22+ mil per year for 4-5 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll keep saying what i've been saying in that i'd absolutely love to have K.Mack on the Bears but the cost to get him in draft picks and the $22+ mil per year he wants and with a very very strong free agency and draft for edge rushers i'll pass on Mack and draft one high, sign one in free agency and have L.Floyd as well. Unless one of these young kids we have now really steps up this year then i'd just hit edge rusher hard next offseason.

Damn it i'd love to have K.Mack wearing a Bears uniform though.

It has been 18 years since the Bears drafted someone of Mack's calibre.

The free agent class will get decimated by the tag and re-signings and the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot.

You make the deal because HOF players are super rare and if a team is stupid enough to trade one you say thank you.

napo55

Liked Posts:
How about Roquan and a 3rd rounder?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mack is good, but not worth it. It would NOT put our team over the top. If anything, it would kill what Pace has already worked to rebuild.

If you havent figured it out yet, Pace is about the long game, not mortgaging the future for now. Mack would be mortgaging the future...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It has been 18 years since the Bears drafted someone of Mack's calibre.

The free agent class will get decimated by the tag and re-signings and the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot.

You make the deal because HOF players are super rare and if a team is stupid enough to trade one you say thank you.

The free agent class will still have plenty of talent left after some get re-signed and some get tagged, it's that strong and every player in the draft isn't a 50/50 crap shoot. There's a few edge rushers coming out this year that i'd put at more then a 50/50 chance at making it in the NFL. How good or great they can be is up to the player.

Done. Sold.

I am fine paying elite prices for elite players. I do not like paying elite prices for pretty good players.

I don't think anyone is alright with paying elite prices for pretty good players so not sure where that one came from.

As i very clearly said, i would love to get K.Mack and wouldn't be mad at all if we traded for him but i'd rather sign or draft a couple next offseason to go with Floyd.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mack is good, but not worth it. It would NOT put our team over the top. If anything, it would kill what Pace has already worked to rebuild.

If you havent figured it out yet, Pace is about the long game, not mortgaging the future for now. Mack would be mortgaging the future...

Many on here can't handle doing things the right way which sometimes takes a little longer which is why almost everyone on here has been killing Pace for the last 3 years cause they don't have patience.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He is 27, not 33.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The free agent class will still have plenty of talent left after some get re-signed and some get tagged, it's that strong and every player in the draft isn't a 50/50 crap shoot. There's a few edge rushers coming out this year that i'd put at more then a 50/50 chance at making it in the NFL. How good or great they can be is up to the player.

As i very clearly said, i would love to get K.Mack and wouldn't be mad at all if we traded for him but i'd rather sign or draft a couple next offseason to go with Floyd.

The thing is we don't know where the Bears will be drafting (hopefully not top 5), and there is a HUGE difference from 'making it in the nfl' and being a DPOY.

There is absolutely no guarantee the Bears will be able to draft a DPOY at the position of need (OLB) with any of their picks next year. These guys don't just come around every single year. I would most definitely trade a 1st and more to get a player you could only dream of getting with that first round pick anyways.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
The core ain't ready yet (especially Trubisky), and when they'll be ready (in 2-3 seasons), Mack will already be on the wrong side of the 30.

So one 1st round pick would be a fair price, even a 1st & 3rd rounder in 2019, but more than that, especially two 1st rounders, make no sense for the Bears, since they can easily draft and develop a pass rusher from what seems to be a top heavy OLB class in 2019.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trading two firsts would suck, but probably worth it. After the upgrades we made in the off season to our offense, what is this team missing? A pass rusher. Gruden is a bit of a blowhard so if there is a player on this team he likes try that plus a first.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don't think anyone is alright with paying elite prices for pretty good players so not sure where that one came from.

1st round picks are literally 50/50 propositions.
-Assuming you are high enough to get the guys you are talking about
-Assuming that they hold up through the draft process

What was the last elite pass rusher to change teams? Talented pass rushers do not hit free agency, you pay elite prices in free agency for non-elite pass rushers like Olivier Vernon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The core ain't ready yet (especially Trubisky), and when they'll be ready (in 2-3 seasons), Mack will already be on the wrong side of the 30.

So one 1st round pick would be a fair price, even a 1st & 3rd rounder in 2019, but more than that, especially two 1st rounders, make no sense for the Bears, since they can easily draft and develop a pass rusher from what seems to be a top heavy OLB class in 2019.

Easily draft and develop a pass rusher?

Have you missed the last 30 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How long is the game?

Mortgaging the future is really the case when you are trading for a 27 year old future HOF player.

The Bears are not in the beginning stages of a rebuild. They are iin the transition to competing. The transitions was signalled when they got a young QB and ditched the loser coach.

Mack is about the next step. The Bears need some elite players if they are going to compete in the NFC North.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I would max out at something like a 1st & 4th this year + 3rd next year. Any more than that and I hesitate. With that said, I don;t know WTF Oakland is doing to be in this position.