4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
colts, bengals, bills, jets will all have more money than the bears for the 2019 offseason and if they couldnt fit mack in under the 2018 cap, teams can restructure players to fit him under or extend and backload keeping the 2018 cap hit relatively low.

I think all of those teams are way further back in their rebuild though. The Bills and Jets are just starting, the bengals haven’t started and already have one of the best pass rush in the league. How much more capital does the Colts have bc our only real need extension is Goldman. Amos is a nice player but let’s not let him keep us from going after Mack. We did get Amos in the 5th round and I think we could replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think all of those teams are way further back in their rebuild though. The Bills and Jets are just starting, the bengals haven’t started and already have one of the best pass rush in the league. How much more capital does the Colts have bc our only real need extension is Goldman. Amos is a nice player but let’s not let him keep us from going after Mack. We did get Amos in the 5th round and I think we could replace him.

what does it matter where they are in their rebuild? if they want to trade for a top 5 DE/OLB thats their business. Lets also not forget that Mack can choose where he wants to play long term. He may not care about where the team is in its build as long as he gets paid...mack hasnt said anything so its all pure speculation.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
what does it matter where they are in their rebuild? if they want to trade for a top 5 DE/OLB thats their business. Lets also not forget that Mack can choose where he wants to play long term. He may not care about where the team is in its build as long as he gets paid...mack hasnt said anything so its all pure speculation.

I think that it matters bc it doesn’t make much sense for teams that far back in their rebuild would invest the amount of picks it would take to land Mack. I just don’t see teams being dumb enough to spend all that draft capital when they are further back than us and still have to resign him. Just doesn’t make sense they need more picks not less

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This team is not an elite pass rusher away from contending, imo. If they get a deal done all the people applauding this year gonna be whining about how many needs go unmet next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There are 3 positions where you do not worry about spending, QB, LT and pass rusher.

Cutler was expensive because he was available and had shown some promise (not much). He ended up being too expensive because he never amounted to much.

Mack already has shown that he is a star. Mack would take a top 10 defense from last year and would make it elite.

Remember that last year´s Bears lost a lot of close games and they added an offensive-minded head coach. An increase in scoring and an elite defense will easily win at least 8 games. I am not even talking about 2017 Rams offense, just a middle-of-the-pack offense.

Now consider that the Bears would probably be drafting 16 or later, it would be a small price to pay for Mack (16+ 2019 1st and 3rd rounder and 24+ 2020 1st rounder). I am not saying that it would even take that to get him, just an example.

Now consider that the Bears might end up middle-of-the-pack in the draft in 2019. They might not be able to draft a top pass rusher, or even worse, might have to use draft capital to move up to get a pass rusher. The pass rusher with potential might become more expensive to get than the proven Mack. Not smart.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
people afraid to give away picks because of needs? what needs are there? tell me how many needs there are. We don't have needs on the offense. If anything, the only need we have on offense is a QB. How many needs do we have on defense? The needs we have on defense are 1)Pass rusher and maybe a db?

You make the trade if you believe Trubisky is the guy. If you believe he's the guy, you go into next offseason looking for a pass rusher....ding ding ding, this can be addressed with a trade with Oakland. The odds of you landing a probowl type pass rusher like Mack in the draft are extremely low.

If you don't believe in Trubisky, then yes, we should keep our draft picks because we will need to draft a qb. There are no needs on offense if you think Trubisky is the guy.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
people afraid to give away picks because of needs? what needs are there? tell me how many needs there are. We don't have needs on the offense. If anything, the only need we have on offense is a QB. How many needs do we have on defense? The needs we have on defense are 1)Pass rusher and maybe a db?

You make the trade if you believe Trubisky is the guy. If you believe he's the guy, you go into next offseason looking for a pass rusher....ding ding ding, this can be addressed with a trade with Oakland. The odds of you landing a probowl type pass rusher like Mack in the draft are extremely low.

If you don't believe in Trubisky, then yes, we should keep our draft picks because we will need to draft a qb. There are no needs on offense if you think Trubisky is the guy.

I agree. Our needs from last have been addressed. We beat 3 playoff teams last year while being the most injured team in the NFL, having no wide receivers, and playing with Glennon and first year Trubisky. Throw in a monster pass rusher and we can play and beat anybody.

Pace knows this, and if actually available, he is going to hard after him. The time is now.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think that it matters bc it doesn’t make much sense for teams that far back in their rebuild would invest the amount of picks it would take to land Mack. I just don’t see teams being dumb enough to spend all that draft capital when they are further back than us and still have to resign him. Just doesn’t make sense they need more picks not less

i dont think if mack does get traded it will be some crazy pack of picks. I'm under the impression that mack cannot agree in principle to a long term deal if its not the offseason. Having said that i doubt teams are going to trade multiple picks for a guy that can walk after the season or has to be tagged at ~18 mill.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those Two 1st rounders ( for KMack ) would make our D Top Five if it isn't this year.... So who needs Mack ?? I'd rather have a TEAM with each member contributing their 110 % and Championship Mentality than a few Pro Bowlers that get us to the playoffs only to get eliminated.

AND FOR This same reason I would get rid of Mack

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
i dont think if mack does get traded it will be some crazy pack of picks. I'm under the impression that mack cannot agree in principle to a long term deal if its not the offseason. Having said that i doubt teams are going to trade multiple picks for a guy that can walk after the season or has to be tagged at ~18 mill.

Depends on how long the hold out goes on for. As the hold out goes on, his value becomes less and less. That being said, he will command a huge amount of draft capital he’s a god damn HOF entering his prime at the second most important position in football

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Those Two 1st rounders ( for KMack ) would make our D Top Five if it isn't this year.... So who needs Mack ?? I'd rather have a TEAM with each member contributing their 110 % and Championship Mentality than a few Pro Bowlers that get us to the playoffs only to get eliminated.

What?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If there wasn't a salary cap in the NFL then i would trade a 1st and more for him as well but i think some seem to overlook how paying him $22+ mil per for 4-5 years will hurt us with our needs at other positions.

I understand that you don't just get the chance to draft DPOY type players all that often but you don't have to have a DPOY at OLB to win games and go to the playoffs and win super bowls and we can use the Oakland Raiders as an example cause how have they done since they've had K.Mack? They've never even had a top 10 defense but the Bears had a top 10 defense last year.

Trubs is on his rookie deal for 3 more years. So you can give Mack the money traditionally reserved for your QB. Then in 3 years time you can decide what to do with Trubs 5th year option and also start thinking about what to do with Mack.

Lol, Floyd still hasn't taken it to the next level, White is still waiting to actually play a full season and the jury is still out on Trubs and Smith. Pace has not hit on a 1st round pick yet for sure so acting like a 1st rounder would definitely make us top 5 is a stretch.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Depends on how long the hold out goes on for. As the hold out goes on, his value becomes less and less. That being said, he will command a huge amount of draft capital he’s a god damn HOF entering his prime at the second most important position in football

i guess thats where you and i differ. whatever the raiders can get for mack now will be lower than what they can get for mack in the offseason when he can agree in principle with teams. Unless the raiders are coveting a certain player in return for mack, getting a pick or two now vs getting in the offseason makes no impact on their season. Why would the raiders deal him now when they can get even more for him in the offseason when teams can get a long term commitment out of him? Raiders can tag him with no issue to their cap space.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you are confusing mack with a franchise tagged player, in which he is not. contracts can be extended or re-negotiated throughout the season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i guess thats where you and i differ. whatever the raiders can get for mack now will be lower than what they can get for mack in the offseason when he can agree in principle with teams. Unless the raiders are coveting a certain player in return for mack, getting a pick or two now vs getting in the offseason makes no impact on their season. Why would the raiders deal him now when they can get even more for him in the offseason when teams can get a long term commitment out of him? Raiders can tag him with no issue to their cap space.

What? How is Mack going to net anything for the Raiders next year when he is an unrestricted FA? Please not the tag and trade scenario again.......

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think you are confusing mack with a franchise tagged player, in which he is not. contracts can be extended or re-negotiated throughout the season.

i get that contracts can be extended or re-negotiated once that player is with the team but can mack agree in principle to a long term deal before a trade is executed? I can't think of any player that this has happened to

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
What? How is Mack going to net anything for the Raiders next year when he is an unrestricted FA? Please not the tag and trade scenario again.......
Raiders can tag him with no issue to their cap space.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i get that contracts can be extended or re-negotiated once that player is with the team but can mack agree in principle to a long term deal before a trade is executed? I can't think of any player that this has happened to

Yes, they can, but he would need to be given permission by the Raiders