4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don’t think tagging players like Mack is a wise decision in this situation. Look at how it turned out for Cousins and the Redskins. They lost out on the most important position in sports and had to put a band aid on a long term issue and lost picks by trading for that band aid. And betting his value will be higher next year doesn’t make sense, why bet on him having a higher value next year when his value is already really high now? It’s safer for the raiders to protect themselves and trade him now while his value is as high as it can get vs tag him this year and hope his value doesn’t dip bc of production or possibly injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raiders can tag him with no issue to their cap space.

Mack is on his fifth year option, slated to make 13.8 mil this year.
He is holding out, but has to report by I think either the 7th or 8th game of the season in order to accrue a full year of service, which would allow him to become a FA in 2019 (barring a tag).

If tagged in 2019, Mack will be slated to make nearly 19 mil, and could still hold out until the 7th or 8th game of the season that year. How on earth could he be more valuable in that scenario?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A pass-rusher in his prime who's trajectoring as a Hall of Famer is well worth two firsts. Tell me, what Hall of Famers are the Bears likely to get with their next two first rounders?

Hard to say since they’ll be drafting near the bottom of Round 1. ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think all of those teams are way further back in their rebuild though. The Bills and Jets are just starting, the bengals haven’t started and already have one of the best pass rush in the league. How much more capital does the Colts have bc our only real need extension is Goldman. Amos is a nice player but let’s not let him keep us from going after Mack. We did get Amos in the 5th round and I think we could replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade Amos and sign Eric Reid to replace him. He played under Fangio in San Fran for a couple of years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trubs is on his rookie deal for 3 more years. So you can give Mack the money traditionally reserved for your QB. Then in 3 years time you can decide what to do with Trubs 5th year option and also start thinking about what to do with Mack.

Lol, Floyd still hasn't taken it to the next level, White is still waiting to actually play a full season and the jury is still out on Trubs and Smith. Pace has not hit on a 1st round pick yet for sure so acting like a 1st rounder would definitely make us top 5 is a stretch.

Yes thank you, we've already covered how Trubs is on his rookie deal and we could get by paying Mack big money until Trubs is ready to get paid but there's more to it then just that. There's very valuable draft picks that will also go with that $22+ mil per we pay Mack. As has been talked about on here the 2019 free agency and draft is very strong for edge rushers. Is there a DPOY type like K.Mack? Most likely not but you don't need to have a DPOY at OLB to win games, it sure isn't working for the Raiders with Mack.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes thank you, we've already covered how Trubs is on his rookie deal and we could get by paying Mack big money until Trubs is ready to get paid but there's more to it then just that. There's very valuable draft picks that will also go with that $22+ mil per we pay Mack. As has been talked about on here the 2019 free agency and draft is very strong for edge rushers. Is there a DPOY type like K.Mack? Most likely not but you don't need to have a DPOY at OLB to win games, it sure isn't working for the Raiders with Mack.

Because the Bears need another broken Kevin White, oft injured Floyd, it will take me 4 years to develop Mitch, or I need an extended vacation Roquan?

Your right, where would Pace be without those first rounders............

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because the Bears need another broken Kevin White, oft injured Floyd, it will take me 4 years to develop Mitch, or I need an extended vacation Roquan?

Your right, where would Pace be without those first rounders............

Lions board must be slow again.....shocker.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You nag more than any girl I've met.

Nag? You start a thread you claim is about the Bears and it has no mention of the team, I'm surprised no one else called you out an another one of your BS threads.

So you correct that problem 90 posts later with a tweet from incarcerated bob.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
don't post incarcerated bob......he makes Erik Lambert look like Ernest Hemingway

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Dan Wiederer
‏@danwiederer
Following Following @danwiederer
When Matt Nagy gathered his team Friday for an important announcement, one player shouted from the back: “Have we all just been traded for Khalil Mack?”

Prince Amukamara: “It was awesome. I was cracking up.”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah perhaps you missed the 2nd paragraph where I said Pace currently bombed on White, Floyd is still not reached his potential, Trubs and Smith are unknown. So the fact that Pace hasn't exactly knocked his 1st round picks out of the park has already been considered.

I will take the sure thing in Mack quite frankly. You are free to believe otherwise.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nag? You start a thread you claim is about the Bears and it has no mention of the team, I'm surprised no one else called you out an another one of your BS threads.

Uncle Rico may be a source he uses as well.

tenor.gif

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dan Wiederer
‏@danwiederer
When Matt Nagy gathered his team Friday for an important announcement, one player shouted from the back: “Have we all just been traded for Khalil Mack?”

Even they know it's coming :smug2:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I never claimed it was about the Bears until page 5 where I posted the rumor. I just started a dicussion and said Bears have cap space

I'm waiting for proof....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dan Wiederer
‏@danwiederer

I want to know who came up with that. Good shit.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Pace has demonstrated the ability to find talent throughout all rounds of the draft. But Khalil Mack isn't just any talent. He is an elite, blue chip player and we won't find a guy with comparable talen outside the first five picks of the draft, and even then that's a tall order.

It is asanine that the Raiders may even trade him. How they bungled this up, is completely and utterly an embarrassment. If the Raiders aren't going to cough up the dough for a home-grown, drafted talent, then who are they going to pay. This type of debacle sends a bad message to current team members that they aren't valued as much as the rest of league would value them.

Undoubtedly, Mack would single-handedly raise this defense to a whole other level at a position of high-need. If Trubs pans out, we don't have to pay him a huge contract for another 2 offseasons. I haven't looked at the cap numbers, but it seems it would make sense to go big on a guy of his talent right now while we can front load the contract.

As for trade compensation. I'd go with a 1st, two 2nds, and a decent player or two for this season (Jonathan Bullard, Grasu, Dion Sims, Sam Acho, Eric Kush, etc)

With all that said, no way Raiders let him go. It would be a fireable offense for their GM and a move that will set a team back for a decade...a fun pipe dream to fantasize about though until the season starts lol