dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Legit show us who else in the running can & will pay even close to that in BOTH the picks and cap room? I don't see the market shaking out like Mack wants.

Yeah i feel you on that one but teams do have ways to come up with money when it's needed. They can rework contracts of a couple guys and guarantee more of their money. I'm actually not gonna start naming all the ways cause for one i don't know all the ways and for two there's just too many but it can be done. Now creating $22+ mil might be a little harder to do though. I'm just saying that there is ways to create more cap space when they really need to.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why can't he? Again, I said it won't happen because the longer it goes both Mack & OAK each lose more and more. Mack won't cave either though - longer hurts OAK worse.

That assumes the Bears stink again this year...which is good news that most generally do assume!
This is a strong reason for Pace to make an offer earlier than later (in case Bears come out looking strong and this assumption weakens the value of the presumed future picks offered).

I'm not sure exactly how it works but for him to become a URFA after this season he has to report to the team at some point. I think it's like by the half way point of the season or some shit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't he? Again, I said it won't happen because the longer it goes both Mack & OAK each lose more and more. Mack won't cave either though - longer hurts OAK worse.

That assumes the Bears stink again this year...which is good news that most generally do assume!
This is a strong reason for Pace to make an offer earlier than later (in case Bears come out looking strong and this assumption weakens the value of the presumed future picks offered).

Of course he can sit out the whole year. Slavery has been illegal in the US for sometime now. However; if he sits out the whole year, he still owes the Raiders a year before he can become a free agent. So what does he gain by sitting out the whole year?
l
^^^^
That

.......I swear, some people have no clue how this all works, yet still make comments....

He has to report and play in at least 6(?) games to accrue a year of service. Otherwise, he would still be in his fifth year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we gave them Grasu, it would cost us another 2nd rounder for the Raiders to take him.

Grasu & Bellamy would get us as t least three first round picks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those Two 1st rounders ( for KMack ) would make our D Top Five if it isn't this year.... So who needs Mack ?? I'd rather have a TEAM with each member contributing their 110 % and Championship Mentality than a few Pro Bowlers that get us to the playoffs only to get eliminated.

AND FOR This same reason I would get rid of Mack

A player cannot give more than a 100%.

I'd rather have Mack at 90% than next years first rounder.

Before any trade occurred, a new contract would need to be signed and sealed. This is the time to do it before Trubisky, hopefully, costs you an arm and a leg.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those Two 1st rounders ( for KMack ) would make our D Top Five if it isn't this year.... So who needs Mack ?? I'd rather have a TEAM with each member contributing their 110 % and Championship Mentality than a few Pro Bowlers that get us to the playoffs only to get eliminated.

AND FOR This same reason I would get rid of Mack

Disagree. There is enormous parity throughout the vast majority of the rosters of NFL teams. The difference between good teams and bad teams are a few impact players here and there, especially at key positions like QB and pass rusher. Part of the reason the Bears are bad despite this top 10 D is that they lack pro-bowl caliber players to make impacts on games. They're just solid enough to lose 11 close games a year. A player like Mack would make a massive difference.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Disagree. There is enormous parity throughout the vast majority of the rosters of NFL teams. The difference between good teams and bad teams are a few impact players here and there, especially at key positions like QB and pass rusher. Part of the reason the Bears are bad despite this top 10 D is that they lack pro-bowl caliber players to make impacts on games. They're just solid enough to lose 11 close games a year. A player like Mack would make a massive difference.
Peppers scenario. He made an immediate high level impact.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He hasn't made enough of a difference for the Raiders and they have more house hold names then we do or they have over the last few years anyway.

Again....i would absolutely love to have K.Mack on this team and wouldn't be mad at all if we traded for him, i could definitely end up being disappointed with what we end up giving up for him and how much money we pay to keep him for 4-5 years but definitely wouldn't be mad with having him. I just keep looking at how strong the 2019 offseason is in free agency and the draft with edge rushers. We wouldn't be high enough to get Nick Bosa in the draft but Clelin Ferrell or Joe Jackson playing across from L.Floyd or signing one of the bigger names in free agency and drafting a Brian Burns or Terrell Lewis or Montez Sweat in the 2nd (i know we don't have our 2nd but getting a 2nd can happen) or 3rd round of the draft. Are any of them draft picks gonna be K.Mack? Probably not but they don't have to be DPOY to sack QB's.

K.Mack
E.Ansah
D.Lawrence
C.Dunlap
J.Clowney
A.Barr
B.Graham
D.Fowler
D.Jordan
T.McClain
T.Flowers
A.Bailey
S.Barrett
S.Ray
M.Kendricks
Dee Ford
M.Flowers
Nate Orchard

The list is 10 times as long as the players i just mentioned with some big names still on the list but didn't feel like listing them all and yes i understand that many of these guys will be re-signed or tagged but there's so many out there that there will 100% be some good names to be had in free agency and the draft has many more name OLB's coming out as well and there will still be others that stand out in college that people aren't even looking at yet.

Would love to get Mack but if Pace puts the focus on edge rushers in 2019 then he'll have no problem making some big additions to this team.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Mack is good, but not worth it. It would NOT put our team over the top. If anything, it would kill what Pace has already worked to rebuild.

If you havent figured it out yet, Pace is about the long game, not mortgaging the future for now. Mack would be mortgaging the future...

And that is what every GM is figuring it out, will it push them towards the top or should they go for the long run. A first and 2nd while a high price would not necessarily be mortgaging the future. It would most likely put our defense over the top though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's some absolute garbage on that list though, dabears70. Dion Jordan? FFS.

I understand your point about him not pushing the Raiders over the edge, and nothing guarantees a Superbowl, but he would be a big impact. I wouldn't want to trade two firsts as I think that's just too much, but I'd be interested in getting something done.

As for not drafting high enough to get Bosa, we'll see.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Arthur Arkush
@ArthurArkush
FWIW: #Bears tied at No. 2 in the NFL in sack percentage this preseason. They finished 6th last with Floyd/Young/McPhee on IR.
Volatile? You bet. Sucky? Not quite.

Brian James
@Bearsmoke8514
Replying to @ArthurArkush
Well here we are. A week and a half from the beginning of the season and the Bears pass rush still sucks. You did pretty good this off season Ryan except for the pass rush. Looks like another ho hum season. Ppplllttt!

8:58 AM - Aug 28, 2018

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's some absolute garbage on that list though, dabears70. Dion Jordan? FFS.

I understand your point about him not pushing the Raiders over the edge, and nothing guarantees a Superbowl, but he would be a big impact. I wouldn't want to trade two firsts as I think that's just too much, but I'd be interested in getting something done.

As for not drafting high enough to get Bosa, we'll see.

I know there's some players that haven't done much of anything but i was just going through a list real quick and throwing names on there. I know D.Jordan was a bust in Miami but wasn't he better for Seattle last year which is why they re-signed him? Either way i was just trying to make the point that all isn't lost if we don't get Mack. Bosa would make one hell of a piece across from Floyd if no Mack. I love C.Ferrell as well.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arthur Arkush
@ArthurArkush
FWIW: #Bears tied at No. 2 in the NFL in sack percentage this preseason. They finished 6th last with Floyd/Young/McPhee on IR.

Brian James
@Bearsmoke8514
Well here we are. A week and a half from the beginning of the season and the Bears pass rush still sucks. You did pretty good this off season Ryan except for the pass rush. Looks like another ho hum season. Ppplllttt!

The mere fact that the Browns beat the Eagles 5-0, and the Bears 2nd string manhandled the Chiefs 1st string in what supposed to be the most important preseason games, should be enough information for anyone to dismiss any preseason stats as nothing short of meaningless. For the guy to be quoting preseason sacks numbers is enough to lose all credibility.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Arthur Arkush
@ArthurArkush

Brian James
@Bearsmoke8514

Sack % vs sack total. Isn't there a difference? Is that sacks per rush attempt?

Not debating. Asking for clarity.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You'd have to ask A.Arkush what he was saying with that one.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Sacks per pass attempt, not total amount of sacks.
4 sacks against 100 pass attempts is a 4% sack rate.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sacks per pass attempt, not total amount of sacks.
4 sacks against 100 pass attempts is a 4% sack rate.

Out of a 3 game sample size? is that any pass attempt? Thats like a QBR of 115 when the Qb has only played 15 snaps.......

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Out of a 3 game sample size? is that any pass attempt? Thats like a QBR of 115 when the Qb has only played 15 snaps.......

It was just a mathematical example