4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Are we on the cusp of winning a superbowl with one legit pass rusher? Nope. Therefore, stay the course. 2 firsts + a giant chunk of cap space for him is too rich and would severely limit Pace's ability to continue to retool the roster under Nagy.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Are we on the cusp of winning a superbowl with one legit pass rusher? Nope. Therefore, stay the course. 2 firsts + a giant chunk of cap space for him is too rich and would severely limit Pace's ability to continue to retool the roster under Nagy.

Except half of first rounders turn out to be nothing special and players of Mack's quality are maybe once in a decade if a team is lucky. I don't see the trade happening, but I'd trade Roquan and a 3rd rounder in an instant, but I doubt Oakland would agree.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am an Oakland A's fan. We came into this season predicted to finish last in the division and lose over 100 games. We are currently tied for the 4th best record in all of baseball.

Point being, this whole one player away business is nonsense. It doesn't matter whether fans think a team is good or bad. They still have to play the games. The only thing Pace should be thinking about is what is best for the franchise.

Khalil Mack would make this team better for the next 3-5 years. None of us know what this team is capable of so basing a decision on this nebulous concept that we aren't competing this year is absurd.

We were 10th in D last year. Mack could help us catapult to top 5. With a top 5 D and the offense that all ya'll Bears homers think will be vastly improved, how the hell can we not be a playoff contender? You are talking a defense that could rival the Super Bowl defense with an offense that by god should be much better.

Sometimes I feel like fans want to remain in perpetual rebuild mode and are content with the Bears never striving for more. It is the soft bigotry of low expectations except on a football field.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Grasu & Bellamy would get us as t least three first round picks.

Do you really think that Bellamy is worth three 1st round picks plus the 2nd rounder that we would have to pay for the Raiders to take Grasu?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Disagree. There is enormous parity throughout the vast majority of the rosters of NFL teams. The difference between good teams and bad teams are a few impact players here and there, especially at key positions like QB and pass rusher. Part of the reason the Bears are bad despite this top 10 D is that they lack pro-bowl caliber players to make impacts on games. They're just solid enough to lose 11 close games a year. A player like Mack would make a massive difference.

I was going to say that same fact, not opinion, fact.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you really think that Bellamy is worth three 1st round picks plus the 2nd rounder that we would have to pay for the Raiders to take Grasu?

Josh Bellamy reminds me of a young Randy Moss but better.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Have people even considered the similarities between the Bears and their baby brothers´, the Cubs?

New management takes over the team and immediately gets rid of their good but older players.

A coach is hired to take the lumps of many losing seasons as the team is completely gutted and rebuilt slowly.

When the team is near the end of its rebuild, after many losing seasons, it replaces its coach with an exciting, innovative coach.

At the same time, it becomes a spender in the free agent market.

Up to now, the similarities are astounding. They may be willing to go after Mack even with their huge free agency spending this offseason.

Now, I don´t expect the Raiders to be stupid enough to trade Mack but Chucky is a my-way-or-the-highway type of coach who already has gotten rid of players for no apparent reason.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I am an Oakland A's fan. We came into this season predicted to finish last in the division and lose over 100 games. We are currently tied for the 4th best record in all of baseball.

Point being, this whole one player away business is nonsense. It doesn't matter whether fans think a team is good or bad. They still have to play the games. The only thing Pace should be thinking about is what is best for the franchise.

Khalil Mack would make this team better for the next 3-5 years. None of us know what this team is capable of so basing a decision on this nebulous concept that we aren't competing this year is absurd.

We were 10th in D last year. Mack could help us catapult to top 5. With a top 5 D and the offense that all ya'll Bears homers think will be vastly improved, how the hell can we not be a playoff contender? You are talking a defense that could rival the Super Bowl defense with an offense that by good should be much better.

Sometimes I feel like fans want to remain in perpetual rebuild mode and are content with the Bears never striving for more. It is the soft bigotry of low expectations except on a football field.

I think the Bears will be greatly improved this year. You’re right... teams often make huge gains in a season... why not Chicago.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just baffled that people want to save draft picks in order to draft somebody who will most likely not be at the same level of Mack when they can give said draft picks for Mack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just baffled that people want to save draft picks in order to draft somebody who will most likely not be at the same level of Mack when they can give said draft picks for Mack.

Yeah I could understand if Pace had hit on great 1st round draft picks in the past but his 1st round has essentially been disappointing to date. Don't know why homers just assume Pace will draft a stud with a 1st round pick.

Pace has not drafted a single Pro Bowler (not alternates) yet in any round but people guarding draft picks like Smeagol.

Gollum-Ring.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I don't think it's baffling. Two firsts and all that money really ties you into that player and limits what else you can do. And I know everyone says he's a sure thing but c'mon.... this is the NFL where everyone is one play away from a career ending injury. So it's a huge risk even with his amazing past performance. There's pros and cons to making that trade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course there are pros and cons. It is just a safer investment than Pace potentially drafting another bust with a 1st round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think it's baffling. Two firsts and all that money really ties you into that player and limits what else you can do. And I know everyone says he's a sure thing but c'mon.... this is the NFL where everyone is one play away from a career ending injury. So it's a huge risk even with his amazing past performance. There's pros and cons to making that trade.

It's probably all those deep playoff runs and super bowls that K.Mack has taken the Raiders to......wait a minute...................................

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's probably all those deep playoff runs and super bowls that K.Mack has taken the Raiders to......wait a minute...................................

Yeah because all those 1st round draft picks by Pace has led to us making the playoffs . . . . oh wait!

Khalil Mack Playoff Appearances - 1

Ryan Pace Team's Playoff Appearances - 0

Khalil Mack Pro Bowls - 3

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks Pro Bowls - 0

Khalil Mack All Pro - 2

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks All Pro - 0

Khalil Mack DPOY - 1

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks DPOY/OPOY - 0

Winner by Knock Out - Khalil Mack.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I don’t think anyone is saying one player can do it alone. I believe people are accurately looking at the Bears’ D (without Mack) as a Top 10 D due to the fact they finished, you know, Top 10.

The offense has added many weapons and an offensive-minded coach. Still not quite there? Perhaps. But then again, people suggesting we get Mack are also suggesting we sign him, so it’s not “all in” on2018.

Bears are a good team as presently constructed. Adding Mack makes this a team with a potentially great D and more thanadequate offense. The O will be vastly improved over the Glennon to Bellamy show.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah because all those 1st round draft picks by Pace has led to us making the playoffs . . . . oh wait!

Khalil Mack Playoff Appearances - 1

Ryan Pace Team's Playoff Appearances - 0

Khalil Mack Pro Bowls - 3

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks Pro Bowls - 0

Khalil Mack All Pro - 2

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks All Pro - 0

Khalil Mack DPOY - 1

Ryan Pace 1st Round Picks DPOY/OPOY - 0

Winner by Knock Out - Khalil Mack.

Sooooooo the answer is 1......1 playoff appearance in 4 years with the Raiders....1....just 1. Got it.....LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sooooooo the answer is 1......1 playoff appearance in 4 years with the Raiders....1....just 1. Got it.....LOL

I just went back and checked and it definitely is just 1. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything but it is definitely just 1.

Carry On