4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
First off, if you’re saying they should wait and pick a pass rusher in the draft, you’re willing to spend a first round pick anyway.
The question on Mack then is how much more than a first round pick you’re willing to spend.
If you’ll spend a first round pick on a “maybe” how much more is a sure thing worth? All-pro at the position you most need? I’d try to pay less but if it takes two firsts, go for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The thing is we don't know where the Bears will be drafting (hopefully not top 5), and there is a HUGE difference from 'making it in the nfl' and being a DPOY.

There is absolutely no guarantee the Bears will be able to draft a DPOY at the position of need (OLB) with any of their picks next year. These guys don't just come around every single year. I would most definitely trade a 1st and more to get a player you could only dream of getting with that first round pick anyways.

If there wasn't a salary cap in the NFL then i would trade a 1st and more for him as well but i think some seem to overlook how paying him $22+ mil per for 4-5 years will hurt us with our needs at other positions.

I understand that you don't just get the chance to draft DPOY type players all that often but you don't have to have a DPOY at OLB to win games and go to the playoffs and win super bowls and we can use the Oakland Raiders as an example cause how have they done since they've had K.Mack? They've never even had a top 10 defense but the Bears had a top 10 defense last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Easily draft and develop a pass rusher?

Have you missed the last 30 years.

You're acting like K.Mack will turn our defense around and take us to the super bowl. How has he turned that defense around in Oakland the 4 years he's been there? Have they ever been considered a great defense since he's been there? Have they been to the super bowl? How many times have they made the playoffs in those 4 years?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Roquan and a 3rd? Oakland might go for it--they supposedly really liked him. Would you pull the trigger?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They are dangling Clay Matthews & Randall Cobb along with draft picks. Sounds like they are willing to go all in this year considering AR's record breaking contract fast approaching.

Why the fuck would the raiders even entertain that lol

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is what I would offer

First round pick plus

Either Howard or Floyd preferably Floyd

I can live with that

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck would the raiders even entertain that lol

Both are expiring contracts and the Pack have a ton of picks, including 2 1sts. What if they offered both? Or a 1st and a future 1st? The players are irrelevant, really.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Where do the packers have the money for khalil mack ?!?!?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there wasn't a salary cap in the NFL then i would trade a 1st and more for him as well but i think some seem to overlook how paying him $22+ mil per for 4-5 years will hurt us with our needs at other positions.

I understand that you don't just get the chance to draft DPOY type players all that often but you don't have to have a DPOY at OLB to win games and go to the playoffs and win super bowls and we can use the Oakland Raiders as an example cause how have they done since they've had K.Mack? They've never even had a top 10 defense but the Bears had a top 10 defense last year.

Just think, if Pace would not have signed that Turd Glennon, he could have rolled that 18.5 mill into this years, making that 22.5 mil closer to 17 mill a year.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
A 1st and 2 3rds spread out over the next 3 years is as far as I go. Last time we gave up the farm for Cutler it put us where we are now. Love Mack, but two firsts and a huge contract is a huge roll of the dice for a team that probably even with Mack is not a SB contender this year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can sign this guy cheap, he needs the money:

The weekly preseason pay for a 1st yr NFL player is $1,075. Jets undrafted rookie LB Frankie Luvu has made $4,300 this summer. The NFL fined him $20,054 for his illegal hit vs the Redskins. He’s officially in the hole $-15,754.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
money is really not the issue, the bears have ~55 mill between this year and next year with notable guys that need to be signed are goldman, amos, callahan and maybe white? The bears will have good amount of cap until trubs gets his payday...The biggest issue in getting mack will be the draft pick compensation the raiders are looking for.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They have about 4 million in cap space, so they would need to cut a bunch of players.

Also they are about to give Rodgers a record breaking contract.

Even if the Packers have more picks than us they don’t have the money to pay him after this season. I see no way possible they can sign both Rodgers and Mack. I think we are more likely to land him than GB bc they’re too smart to send picks over for a player they can’t re sign in literally one year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think the pack should mortgage their future by sending two 1sts, and then pay mack 25 mill and Aaron 35 mill sounds good to me!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
money is really not the issue, the bears have ~55 mill between this year and next year with notable guys that need to be signed are goldman, amos, callahan and maybe white? The bears will have good amount of cap until trubs gets his payday...The biggest issue in getting mack will be the draft pick compensation the raiders are looking for.

Other than GB what other interested team has more draft capital than us? GB can hand all the picks in the world over but they still have to pay him after this year and there’s no way they can pay both Rodgers and Mack

Visionman

Liked Posts:
How long is the game?

Mortgaging the future is really the case when you are trading for a 27 year old future HOF player.

The Bears are not in the beginning stages of a rebuild. They are iin the transition to competing. The transitions was signalled when they got a young QB and ditched the loser coach.

Mack is about the next step. The Bears need some elite players if they are going to compete in the NFC North.

And if you trade for Mack, not only will you lose cheap draft picks to help take that next step, but you will also lose other key pieces weve aquired the past 4 years. So you end up taking a step back...maybe stay the same, if you're lucky...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You only do this if you think he is the difference in making a serious playoff run now. That is not the case here. He can make the D maybe a Top 5 this year, but we have too many unknowns on a brand new offense. I would rather fix this issue next offseason via the draft or free agency, not ovepay this yeat

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is not an elite pass rusher away from contending, imo. If they get a deal done all the people applauding this year gonna be whining about how many needs go unmet next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Other than GB what other interested team has more draft capital than us? GB can hand all the picks in the world over but they still have to pay him after this year and there’s no way they can pay both Rodgers and Mack

colts, bengals, bills, jets will all have more money than the bears for the 2019 offseason and if they couldnt fit mack in under the 2018 cap, teams can restructure players to fit him under or extend and backload keeping the 2018 cap hit relatively low.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oakland seems like the type of org that would overspend to keep Mack happy. Unlike the Pats, DAL, or Pace who would give a reasonable price and contract length so as to NOT limit the rest of the positional talent, and show him the door otherwise.

Teams like WASH and many others have shown that overpaying ONE or a couple high named guys will KILL the rest of the roster due to the cap. NYG will be feeling this soon enough, but maybe not as bad once they unload Manning and start over with a rookie QB on the cheap. (I hope GB overpays for an aging Rodgers for 5 more years too)

Bears CAN afford to splurge on Mack for 3-4 years if they pay most early, since Mitch & others will be coming into contract re-upping in 3 years.

I've said it before - it's a BUYER'S MARKET b/c so few other teams can take on the huge contract Mack is demanding (and is worth). $20mil/year is hefty! He may "have to settle" for $17-$18mil/year if OAK holds strong and offers are slim.

No way do I see Pace offering much in draft capital for Mack. He knows all this and has the luxury of not NEEDING Mack. OAK may have to can or trade a few players to free up cap space.

Pace will toss a low-equity take it or leave it offer (maybe + a TE or WR like Gabriel). OAK will sit on it and Mack will keep holding out for another month or two until he & OAK both realize Mack's REAL market value is not as much as either of them think it is now.