My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
lol don't jump the gun who the fuck here knows how well or bad he will be at the job. hes a football guy cant say he doesn't know what it takes to be a pro football player and with a solid scouting team behind him he could be successful
Da fuq!!!! It's alive!!!!!!

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all fairness, one of those four was Megatron, and another, Roy Williams, was traded for a number one pick. It's not like the Bears track record is any better.

Only on CCS are the Bears considered the mark by which NFL front offices are measured. Good job.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Oh man! Lol Racerboy is gonna be really pissed at that hire. I think they are shooting for the #1 pick again. What a joke

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
6 year deal means they can wait for next years 'great QB class'.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so it will be whoever York wants at 2, not the football people lol. so wonder everyone mocks Trubisky

I know you're joking but I suspect most prognosticators have assumed it would be Shanahan's pick.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
so much for the lie about hiring the MOST qualified

bearfan06

Liked Posts:
He played with culter so maybe we can send him a giftbasket with cutler inside for a 5th rounder ???

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know you're joking but I suspect most prognosticators have assumed it would be Shanahan's pick.

I think Shanahan is brilliant. If he's got any say in the draft, i don't see them drafting some bozo.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Well if Elway can do it..why not Lynch

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lynch was considered because of Kyle Shanahan. Niners want the GM and coach to be in lockstep and Shanahan is going to be Head Coach. So Lynch called Shanahan and lobbied for the GM job. He apparently impressed Shanahan and that is why the Niners became interested.

So the reality is this is Kyle Shanahan's show. Lynch got a 6 year deal because that is what they plan to offer Shanahan.

They are saying that Shanahan is getting full control of the 53 man roster, just like Fox in Chicago. You are just putting someone with some public speaking prowess in the GM office. I half believe any other GM candidate would have not agreed to giving the first time head coach full say over the roster and Lynch might actually make it look like a fit for some free agents to sign out there.

Washington

Liked Posts:
That franchise is such a disaster.

Not disagreeing with that but there is some irony when Bears fans say that given what a disaster our franchise is too. I'm sure we're constantly laughed at, especially with our QB situation and the fact we stuck with Cutty for so long.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not disagreeing with that but there is some irony when Bears fans say that given what a disaster our franchise is too. I'm sure we're constantly laughed at, especially with our QB situation and the fact we stuck with Cutty for so long.

We probably do. But given where you live in Packerland, you probably do hear the very worst of it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The dude graduated from Stanford. He isn't an idiot. Still a perculiar hire though.

This is a good point. Allen Iverson went to Georgetown and he has a great thesis paper on the economic impact of transcontinental shipping in South America.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Being smart isn't the biggest requirement for this role. He has no track record for talent evaluation and zero experience negotiating contracts. I do think ex players have an inherent advantage, but that doesn't mean all players can do this. Elway had no experience either, so it can be done for sure.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lynch was probably told by shanny that he if he wants the job he will be nothing more than a glorified yes man... shanny will control who he wants like his father did. As for the 6yrs, its jed york enough said.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Shanahan is brilliant. If he's got any say in the draft, I don't see them drafting some bozo.
Developing players and finding them isn't the same. Not saying he may not be good at drafting but other than the 1st pick or 2, it's all about your infrastructure. I know your speaking of that first pick so he make knock it out of the park but it takes a village for long term success.