5/16 - WCF Game 1 - Blackhawks (0) @ (0) Sharks 2:00PM NBC

supraman

Liked Posts:
Call it luck, skill, clutch, whatever you want Niemi was awesome and for those Sharks fans calling it luck, well I'll take luck over skill any damn day.

Niemi certainly was the reason we picked up the W and he did everything a playoff goalie needs to do, come up big when we needed him too.

I think our 4th line is going to contribute offensively this series. They were seriously hunting for a goal yesterday and if they keep that up, they will find a couple pucks in the back of Nabby's net.

Overall it was a great hockey game, back and forth and exciting but PLEASE someone just take the mic from the penis with glasses. Fire him and give Pang a lot of money to do it. Pang is a good TV guy, always liked him, he is the reason having to watch a Phoenix broadcast never bothered me.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game. Good Niemi shows up. Career high in saves. Overcame questionable officiating grabbed back home advantage.

3 Stars

1-Niemi

2-PK (edit-penalty kill)

3-Buff

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]Call it luck, skill, clutch, whatever you want Niemi was awesome and for those Sharks fans calling it luck, well I'll take luck over skill any damn day.

[/quote]

A favorite saying of goalies is that given a choice, we'd rather be lucky than good.

You can call it ANY of the things you mentioned, but you left off the most important one.

I call it a win.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="PYsebaert"]Didnt want to start a new topic just for a question so I take it in her.

If (dont want to jinx) we manage to get all the way to the final, is the dates for each game set allready? Need to know the dates of the homegames so I can plan a trip over.

And a second question for the ones who use to hunt tickets in the last minute, is it possible to get tickets after the com. final? Whats the best site?[/quote]

Dates don't get set until after this round is completed. Typically, the first game is 2-3 days after the date the last series ends. Last year the finals started on May 29, went 7 games and finished around June 10th, if I remember correctly. Game 5 was June 6th, so I assume game 6 was on the 8th and game 7 was on the 10th.

If both series go 4-5 games, theoretically you could see the finals start as early as May 27th, or thereabouts.

Blackhawks ticketexchange and stubhub are probably your best bets.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I think we need to limit their Shot on goals. 45 is way to much for the calaber of a defense that we have, I think it will go down, its possible that we haven't seen this team in a while. Its start cycling the puck against this team, when we did they looked like they did not know who to cover.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Reading their board is quite comical.

We deserved 3 or 4 of the 5 penalties but not once do ANY of them mention what they weren't called for.

Our forwards shy away from hits? Really? You should check who led the Hit in the game Moron!

Niemi was lucky, not good. Really? Shark fans are a dumb fucking bunch. Always have been and always will be.[/quote]

Probably stuck on the one that NBC highlighted...the one where Campbell dodged the potential hit. What I love about it is (as I heard from people around me at the bar), that Campbell was a pussy for doing that. Hmm, guess dodging the hit to control the puck is a bad thing.

Niemi had his best game ever. Period. I think the puck was moving in slow motion for him.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and with the Bolland\Versteeg Penalty snafu, McLellan did notice that Bolland caused the Penalty and Versteeg was in the box. He said that:

[quote name="Pierre LeBrun"]

The Sharks noticed the error, but wanted to remain focused on the task at hand.

"That's the breaks that happen within a game," said Sharks coach Todd McLellan. "What we couldn't do was lose our marbles on the bench and start yelling and screaming at the referee. We had to have some poise and set up a 6-on-4 situation. Regardless of who was out there, who we had to beat, whether it was Bolland, [John] Madden or [Adam] Burish, whoever it might have been. We had to beat a good team.

"We weren't going to stand up and yell and scream. We were going to get our group organized. If they erred, they erred. We have to move on. Can't do anything about it."

[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/nhl_ ... ate-game-1

I do not expect anything to come from this snafu other than a reminder to the refs to pay attention....but this is far from the first time that the wrong guy sat in the box (intentional or not).

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

We deserved 3 or 4 of the 5 penalties but not once do ANY of them mention what they weren't called for.

Our forwards shy away from hits? Really? You should check who led the Hit in the game Moron!

Niemi was lucky, not good. Really? Shark fans are a dumb fucking bunch. Always have been and always will be.[/quote]

Probably stuck on the one that NBC highlighted...the one where Campbell dodged the potential hit. What I love about it is (as I heard from people around me at the bar), that Campbell was a pussy for doing that. Hmm, guess dodging the hit to control the puck is a bad thing.

Niemi had his best game ever. Period. I think the puck was moving in slow motion for him.[/quote]

Interesting. Armchair fans I guess. I'd like to see how they would react if they got steamrolled by Alexander Ovechkin and broke two ribs and their clavicle on a very similar type play just two months earlier.

Its sensible that Campbell would be aware of his surroundings in that moment and its not like he gave up on the play to avoid contact. As you said, he skated away with the puck, which is the primary objective.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

Niemi had his best game ever. Period. I think the puck was moving in slow motion for him.[/quote]

as I heard from people around me at the bar), that Campbell was a pussy for doing that. I don't think anywhere in the NHL rule book states that you would be a vagina ( pussy ) if you were not to take a hit from the opposing player. And for the person that said that you should have told him why don't you stand by a wall and let me run at you full speed but don't move, if you do then your a pussy

supraman

Liked Posts:
hang out in a different bar is my suggestion ;) but seriously they are idiots. It was a smart heads up play to avoid the hit. Hossa took a couple hits to make plays out of the zone yesterday so their argument is moot and the fact that Hammer had a big hit and Eager was hitting anything with a pulse yeah we shy away from hits.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]hang out in a different bar is my suggestion ;) but seriously they are idiots. It was a smart heads up play to avoid the hit. Hossa took a couple hits to make plays out of the zone yesterday so their argument is moot and the fact that Hammer had a big hit and Eager was hitting anything with a pulse yeah we shy away from hits.[/quote]

Brouwer lead the game with 7 hits as well.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
reading the shark fans comments on this game makes them out to be quite clueless at times. crying about conspiracies when the refs send the wrong guy to the box while they've been awarded 5 PPs against 0. saying niemi isn't really that good and he got lucky, that the sharks pushed the pace for most of the games etc.

oh how i hope the hawks win game 2 to make the sharks poop their pants a little. then the hawks would need to learn how to win at home for once and it could get real good.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]hang out in a different bar is my suggestion ;) but seriously they are idiots. It was a smart heads up play to avoid the hit. Hossa took a couple hits to make plays out of the zone yesterday so their argument is moot and the fact that Hammer had a big hit and Eager was hitting anything with a pulse yeah we shy away from hits.[/quote]

I was not hanging out with those idiots...they happen to be at the table next to us. I did want to say something, but why bother...it was not going to change their minds since they considered the game lost after the SJ goal. So glad that I got to watch this team develop to what it is now.

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
Wait, you guys are mocking fans on the official Sharks boards on a forum dedicated to getting away from the idiots on the Hawks official boards? Seems just a bit hypocritical.

Here:

http://www.fearthefin.com/

Gemini13

Liked Posts:

For the record, Versteeg was actually assessed the penalty not Bolland. So the Hawks sent the right guy to the box. The penalty was just given to the wrong guy.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I still think SJ is a fragile team, even though they beat Detroit.

Losing a game where they put up 45 shots at home, took no penalties...and lost 2-1..I thgink will play on their minds more than most teams..

Not much to not like about the game...knew it wasnt going to be easy.

I'd like to see the face-off wins improve to at least 50% (SJ is good here)

And Kudo's to Q again...he has coached a phenominal playoffs and made changes every time necessary and STILL getting his matchups on the road...he was clearly the best choice for this team.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
As great as Niemi was in the first period keeping the Hawks in the game, Did anbody else think that Nabakov looked a little shaky? Even though the Hawks didn't score I thought it was only a matter of time before Chicago scored on him. It looked like he was suprised a couple of times where the puck was coming from. He got beat cleanly a few times in the first but the shots weren't on net. I believed if Niemi could hold the fort for a while, the Hawks were going to start filling the net on him. Sure he still made some great saves by Nabby,but he sure looked uncomfortable out there.