5/16 - WCF Game 1 - Blackhawks (0) @ (0) Sharks 2:00PM NBC

I hate the Redwings because of course they are the Wings. I hate the Canucks because their players lack class and play like hacks most of the time.

We own Calgary so I love them.

I have no ill feelings towards the Sharks other than to beat them.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
7 MORE WINS TO GO!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wchH7xL4tdE[/youtube]

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]I hate the Redwings because of course they are the Wings. I hate the Canucks because their players lack class and play like hacks most of the time.

I have no ill feelings towards the Sharks other than to beat them.[/quote]

I don't hate the Sharks per se but I do hate their annoyingly defensive fans and their newly-found sense of entitlement that because they bested some of their Playoffs demons and got past the 1st Rd that somehow translates into their "deserving" to win the Cup this year because of past misfortunes. You'd think they won the WC by more than a measly pt. the way they go on about how they turned it all around this season and did everything right. . .thus "deserving" their time in the hockey "destiny" spotlight. GMAFB.

But I'll be the first person to say that fans or no, I enjoy watching the Sharks themselves implode into a mushroom cloud of choke every year---it's been like Theatre of the Hockey Absurd. Me likey, heh. Much like I have to read constantly on the net how much people want the Hawks to make it to the SCF but then lose to perpetuate the "Hossa curse" myth---it's all about Schadenfreude baby!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]I hate the Redwings because of course they are the Wings. I hate the Canucks because their players lack class and play like hacks most of the time.

Pretty much agree RK. Next to the Hawks and Canucks there is no other team I watched more of than the Sharks this year (due to availability and time of games). Have to say they are a pretty clssy club. Hard to dislike many Sharks. They play a high caliber of hockey with respect for other p[layers and the game. Some will have issues with Heatley though of course.

Anyways I respect the Sharks very much. It's actually a nice break and a pleasure to play against another team that has character like ours. Should be a great series. Will be interesting to see what bad blood forms and why as this series moves forward.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]

Pretty much agree RK. Next to the Hawks and Canucks there is no other team I watched more of than the Sharks this year (due to availability and time of games). Have to say they are a pretty clssy club. Hard to dislike many Sharks. They play a high caliber of hockey with respect for other p[layers and the game. Some will have issues with Heatley though of course.

Anyways I respect the Sharks very much. It's actually a nice break and a pleasure to play against another team that has character like ours. Should be a great series. Will be interesting to see what bad blood forms and why as this series moves forward.[/quote]

I agree with the respect... as I've said all along, if the Sharks advance I am a SJ fan for the Cup.

About the bad blood.

Ladd/Bolland/Versteeg line combined are trying to be like ONE Sean Avery against the Thornton line... and it's surely working. You can Ladd on every shift getting into it with someone.

Also the 4th liners don't seem to like eachother... Eager/Clowe don't look too friendly.

This has the potential to spark a huge rivalry, and I hope it does.

sth

Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]

Anyways I respect the Sharks very much. It's actually a nice break and a pleasure to play against another team that has character like ours. Should be a great series. Will be interesting to see what bad blood forms and why as this series moves forward.[/quote]

I don't hate the Sharks right now. Of course we'll see how this series goes. I don't really hate Nashville, other than Steve Sullivan is annoying now. The Nucks are the most hateable team, behind Detroit of course. But I've hated Detroit since I started watching the Hawks when I was 7.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
Ron,

I totally agree with you that the high stick/goalie interference play was a questionable high stick call, and was definitely a goalie interference on Torrey Mitchell.

However, there is no way Thornton avoids Niemi on that play where Chris posted the photo, sitting on him or not. The replay clearly shows Seabrook completely taking Thornton out of the play and in doing so, he plants him firmly on Niemi.

The Hawks will get their fair share of calls, I'm confident of that. Toews and Hossa are too strong on the puck and their defense isn't mobile enough (other than Boyle) to not get a few calls here and there.

The only Hawks call I thought was total bullshit was Buff's interference call. How ticky tack was that shit? It was also totally away from the play and inconsequential.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
As most of you know, I have a bet with my buddy in Berkley on the series, $25 per victory.

After the game, I gave him this text...

"Wanna pay me via Paypal or what?"

His response?

"Fuck off"

Typical Sharks fan response/mentality.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]As most of you know, I have a bet with my buddy in Berkley on the series, $25 per victory.

His response?

"Fuck off"

Typical Sharks fan response/mentality.[/quote]

Typical normal person mentality after giving up one of "seven" games. Who gets all up in arms after one game? AT LEAST wait until the Hawks are up 2-0 to start talking shit!

This coming from the shit talking expert! :cool:

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]
[quote name="whalerhawk"]As most of you know, I have a bet with my buddy in Berkley on the series, $25 per victory.

His response?

"Fuck off"

Typical Sharks fan response/mentality.[/quote]

Typical normal person mentality after giving up one of "seven" games. Who gets all up in arms after one game? AT LEAST wait until the Hawks are up 2-0 to start talking shit!

This coming from the shit talking expert! :cool:[/quote]

Totally disagree. If you have confidence in your team, you shrug it off. By responding in that kind of biting fashion, I can tell most Sharks fans are saying "oh boy, here we go again." They aren't confident, they are really nervous, and they should be.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]

Totally disagree. If you have confidence in your team, you shrug it off. By responding in that kind of biting fashion, I can tell most Sharks fans are saying "oh boy, here we go again." They aren't confident, they are really nervous, and they should be.[/quote]

Hawks need to dig deep and pull out the Game 2 win---might as well tighten the vice on the Sharks collective nuts. The stench of fear that would follow the Fish back to Chicago for Game 3 would be palpable!

Turnovers today: Chicago - 9, SJ - 20! I'll be perfectly content if SJ keeps believing their own press about being so fast (they admittedly are. . .but not as fast as the Hawks!) and keep trying to run & gun with the Hawks in a best of 7---they'll deserve their fate.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing negative to say about this one. one thing I really liked was Eager becomning the one-man wrecking crew.

Excellent win. Hope tuesday is just as good!

And now I'd like to give a big Smeg Off to the one that does the TV schedules for WMC7. I got an hour of garbage before the game when i recorded it and missed the last 5 minutes because the one who made the schedule that WMC7 downloaded had the game starting at 11 and lasting to 2, not noon to 3. To the one that screwed up the schedule: I hope you get raped by a rabid wildebeest.

Thank you.

Ruhtra

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the only time I got truly nervous this afternoon was the last 50 seconds or so of the period after the penalty to Versteeg/Bolland. I was otherwise abnormally calm, even with the back and forth action and giving up the first goal. I felt incredibly confident in the Hawks, and this makes me very happy, it even allowed me to enjoy this game as a hockey fan, not just as a Hawk fan. I hope for more of this as the series goes along.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I really think were set up to win this series somewhat quick. I've been confident in our chances ever since SJ beat Detroit, now after we got no PP's in there house for game one, and beat them with a great performance from Niemi I'm even more confident.

Hossa was everywhere, didn't bury the puck but his chances and presence were there every shift, Sharp looked like a man possessed, the 4th line was are best line for the first 30 minutes, and the Toews line scored the game winning goal. Pretty good game all around.

And how aboot Bolland not going to the box and Steeg sitting in there, pretty much sums up the NHLs officiating right there.

PYsebaert

Liked Posts:
Didnt want to start a new topic just for a question so I take it in her.

If (dont want to jinx) we manage to get all the way to the final, is the dates for each game set allready? Need to know the dates of the homegames so I can plan a trip over.

And a second question for the ones who use to hunt tickets in the last minute, is it possible to get tickets after the com. final? Whats the best site?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
while niemi did have a stellar performance, he needs to show that he can keep it up consistently. so far he's always delivered a stinker after a great game like last night. if he can do that he should shut up all the niemi critics.

LaurenNMU

Liked Posts:
I don't really have anything new to add but I was pleased with how the boys played. I'm not going to complain about the one sided officiating because there is no need to, the boys played through it and came up with a win anyways. I saw some great hits by Eager, and that beauty by Hammer. And obviously some spectacular saves by niemi :) It is also refreshing to play a team with some class after playing a team like vancouver.

Ton

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]while niemi did have a stellar performance, he needs to show that he can keep it up consistently. so far he's always delivered a stinker after a great game like last night. if he can do that he should shut up all the niemi critics.[/quote]

Valid point... I can bring up the statistics to back that up, but I honestly don't want to search for them. I think it was something like, after a shutout Niemi has given up 4 goals or more 4 or 5 times.

Not sure what the stat is for giving up one goal, but the inconsistency is there.

That said, I don't expect Niemi to play like that all the time. He shouldn't need to, all he needs to do is put together a good performance on a consistent basis, and from time to time, pull out a great one like he did.

For the most part, Niemi has been fairly consistent, but it can improve... given the fact that he is a rookie tender, with basically no expectations heading into the year, he is given some leeway here.... for the most part, with Niemi in net, we SHOULD win this series even if he lays a stinker at some point.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="LordKOTL"]....And now I'd like to give a big Smeg Off to the one that does the TV schedules for WMC7. I got an hour of garbage before the game when i recorded it and missed the last 5 minutes because the one who made the schedule that WMC7 downloaded had the game starting at 11 and lasting to 2, not noon to 3. To the one that screwed up the schedule: I hope you get raped by a rabid wildebeest.

Thank you.[/quote]

I pad all SC playoff recordings by two hours (because of the possibility of OTs).

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]I really think we're set up to win this series somewhat quick.....[/quote]

Let's not get all giddy here folks; realistically, this game could have gone south for us without Niemi playing the game of his life. Yes, we played well, but if you look at the scoring chances, the Sharks outplayed us in that regard.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]while niemi did have a stellar performance, he needs to show that he can keep it up consistently. so far he's always delivered a stinker after a great game like last night. if he can do that he should shut up all the niemi critics.[/quote]

Nope, I'll remain a critic, bitching about Niemi, is the one sure fire way to get Stu to spit the dick from his mouth