5/16 - WCF Game 1 - Blackhawks (0) @ (0) Sharks 2:00PM NBC

howcho

Liked Posts:
TCD saw this Sharks Fan's vehicle in an empty lot the other day.

Edit----

Sorry Cho, while funny theres some junk hanging out.

I'm tainted too!

As for McGuire suggesting the Hawks got away with on by having Versteeg in the Box, while it was Boland that actually took the trip.

Dumb ass it was the Officiating that fucked that one up. Look at the box score--

3RD PERIOD

19:04 Versteeg, 2 min, Tripping

I love the penalties... Give me a fucking break--

1ST PERIOD

02:50 Madden, 2 min, Holding

10:36 Byfuglien, 2 min, Interference

15:47 Sharp, 2 min, High-Sticking

2ND PERIOD

14:01 Seabrook, 2 min, Holding

3RD PERIOD

You mean to tell me as FAST and Skilled as the Hawks are they took TEN MINUTES in penalties and the Sharks took nothing???

And there's no problem with NHL officiating? Especially from one of it's SENIOR REFS in Dvorski? Really?

Fuck you NHL!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]As for McGuire suggesting the Hawks got away with on by having Versteeg in the Box, while it was Boland that actually took the trip.

Dumb ass it was the Officiating that fucked that one up. Look at the box score--

3RD PERIOD

1ST PERIOD

2ND PERIOD

3RD PERIOD

You mean to tell me as FAST and Skilled as the Hawks are they took TEN MINUTES in penalties and the Sharks took nothing???

And there's no problem with NHL officiating? Especially from one of it's SENIOR REFS in Dvorski? Really?

Fuck you NHL![/quote]

You mean you don't buy that the 8th most penalized team this past season committed ZERO infractions against the Hawks, the 5th least penalized team? Blasphemy! Hush yo' mouth!

But seriously, I'm just gonna take it as a positive that the Hawks spent 17% of the game short-handed and STILL won---the WIN column tally is the best revenge. A fair number of SJ's 44 SOG came during their bounty of PPs so all things considered it's a pretty telling situation about *them* and their game that the Hawks spent so much time short-handed, had zero PPs, and only got 4 less SOG than them.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
Hey IHN, Greetings from Bangkok! Woke up a little while ago and i love the news! Sounds like an awesome playoff game and great victory!

i've been following the playoffs on the web, and there's been some interesting stories. WTF is going on? 1 vs 2 in the west, and 7 vs 8 in the east? When was the last time the hawks lost a road game? maybe its a blessing we have road ice advantage vs the Sharks?

i was in kazakhstan last week and didn't find too much hockey on the tele. caught bits and pieces of some games in the world championships. the skill level is really low in the games that i saw, including one of japan vs ukraine. i didn't even know japan had a team. the japanese goalie was named Fukufuji. At first i thought his name patch was an advertisement for Kodak film.

can't wait to get back to catch the clincher vs the sharks and the Finals!

-5Minutes

[quote name="bookjones"]
[quote name="R K"]As for McGuire suggesting the Hawks got away with on by having Versteeg in the Box, while it was Boland that actually took the trip.

3RD PERIOD

1ST PERIOD

2ND PERIOD

3RD PERIOD

Fuck you NHL![/quote]

You mean you don't buy that the 8th most penalized team this past season committed ZERO infractions against the Hawks, the 5th least penalized team? Blasphemy! Hush yo' mouth!

But seriously, I'm just gonna take it as a positive that the Hawks spent 17% of the game short-handed and STILL won---the WIN column tally is the best revenge. A fair number of SJ's 44 SOG came during their bounty of PPs so all things considered it's a pretty telling situation about *them* and their game that the Hawks spent so much time short-handed, had zero PPs, and only got 4 less SOG than them.[/quote]

I just love so many defend NHL Officiating then you have games like today's. There is absolutely no excuse for that. There were at least THREE blatant penalties NOT called on the Sharks, while the ticky-tack crap was called on the Hawks.

There's no excuse. I have no problem if they call the Hawks for taking legitimate penalties but to not call those both ways when the other team does the same? Buff had his stick clearly slashed from his hands, Versteeg had his stick slashed in half, and Niemi was ran. All three far worse that Madden (questionable call) and or Buff's questionable interference.

Just shows what a joke the officiating really is. Actually it's direct proof.

Ton

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]Hey IHN, Greetings from Bangkok! Woke up a little while ago and i love the news! Sounds like an awesome playoff game and great victory!

i've been following the playoffs on the web, and there's been some interesting stories. WTF is going on? 1 vs 2 in the west, and 7 vs 8 in the east? When was the last time the hawks lost a road game? maybe its a blessing we have road ice advantage vs the Sharks?

i was in kazakhstan last week and didn't find too much hockey on the tele. caught bits and pieces of some games in the world championships. the skill level is really low in the games that i saw, including one of japan vs ukraine. i didn't even know japan had a team. the japanese goalie was named Fukufuji. At first i thought his name patch was an advertisement for Kodak film.

can't wait to get back to catch the clincher vs the sharks and the Finals!

-5Minutes[/quote]

Fukufugi played for LA a few years ago actually.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]
[quote name="bookjones"]

3RD PERIOD

1ST PERIOD

2ND PERIOD

3RD PERIOD

Fuck you NHL![/quote]

But seriously, I'm just gonna take it as a positive that the Hawks spent 17% of the game short-handed and STILL won---the WIN column tally is the best revenge. A fair number of SJ's 44 SOG came during their bounty of PPs so all things considered it's a pretty telling situation about *them* and their game that the Hawks spent so much time short-handed, had zero PPs, and only got 4 less SOG than them.[/quote]

I just love so many defend NHL Officiating then you have games like today's. There is absolutely no excuse for that. There were at least THREE blatant penalties NOT called on the Sharks, while the ticky-tack crap was called on the Hawks.

There's no excuse. I have no problem if they call the Hawks for taking legitimate penalties but to not call those both ways when the other team does the same? Buff had his stick clearly slashed from his hands, Versteeg had his stick slashed in half, and Niemi was ran. All three far worse that Madden (questionable call) and or Buff's questionable interference.

Just shows what a joke the officiating really is. Actually it's direct proof.[/quote]

Amazingly, as I trawl around the net people seem to be utterly fixated on the Bolland-Versteeg mistake. Making it out that the Hawks are underhanded (or as someone said, it "fits the Hawks M.O.") for that piece of crap mistake--lmao! Children. Get the fuck over it---doesn't matter who was in the box ultimately, the Sharks were playing 6 on 4 during the PP to end the game and couldn't handle their fucking business and tie the game. Period. Wanna find a goat, hold some hay out in your hand and shake it in Heatley's direction morons.

sth

Liked Posts:
Great game by the Hawks today. This was the best game I've ever seen Niemi play. Actually up to StuG's wild expectations. Sharp was good again, Buff was huge again. Even Hossa showed a little life. Burish-Eager and Madden looked good. Campbell was on fire today especially in the 2nd. Also no penalties on the Sharks what a joke. I'm thinking the refs were homers. But after giving Bolland's penalty to Steeg maybe they are just morons.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Penalties?

FrozenMoment_051610_std.jpg

They want to bitch about Boland being in the box they can take it up with the same bozo's that gifted them 3 out of 5 PP's. THE NHL PUT VERSTEEG in the box, NOT the Hawks. All they need to do is look at the BOX SCORE. It was Versteeg CALLED, for the penalty. THEY GOT IT WRONG!

I love the contempt for the Hawks as IF they had anything to do with it. LOL. Regardless BOTH players are excellent PKer's for us, so really it was no advantage or disadvantage for the Hawks.

5-0 on PP's wasnt enough of an excuse they need more to grasp? Yikes!

As I've said for years a vast majority of their fan base are just HOCKEY ILLITERATE. They have always been and will always be.

[quote name="IceHogsFan"]Penalties?

[/quote]

That's one. There's the other where Sharp got the high stick. More blatant as he BOWLED NIEMI OVER!

INCON FUCKING SISTENT!

Or in this case CONSISTENT because they called the Sharks for NOTHING!

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Sharks Fuck the Californians and fuck the zebras. If all they are talkin about is the mistake on the penalty, then they should have not dropped the fuckin puck. These ass whips are complaining about all this shit along with Niemi being lucky. Do you see people why some certain States don't deserve a Hockey team. What in hell does who served a penalty got to do with the outcome of a game. The Sharks were still on a power play. I really wish I had the ability to bitch smack the town of San Jogay.

howcho

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

[/quote]

That's one. There's the other where Sharp got the high stick. More blatant as he BOWLED NIEMI OVER!

INCON FUCKING SISTENT!

Or in this case CONSISTENT because they called the Sharks for NOTHING![/quote]

Uh, come on guys, while I do agree that there could have been a couple of Hawks PP's, that pic fails to show that Seabrook is just out of frame to the right and he prevented (beautifully I might add) Thorton from scoring with the puck loose in the crease.

Seabs knocked Joe into Niemi.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

[/quote]

INCON FUCKING SISTENT!

RK, I believe this one was Seabrook pushing this chump in Niemi. If I recall this play correctly. If I'm wrong then forgive me.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I posted the pic I did not mean to imply that in of itself was a penalty.

It was more of a comment in general with a pic that gives the subject some credability.

I am not worried about the lack of calls.

We came, we saw, we overcame and then we conquered.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[/quote]

You should totally Photoshop that pic and make it into a "Got milk?" parody---"Got penalties?" :lol:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to see Jumbo Playoff Choke Joe has to reserve to sitting on goalies to prove his worth. What a worthless player, lmao. Hope that puke never wins anything and chokes EVERY year from here on out.

Go hit a couple more cops, dick weed.

[quote name="howcho"]
[quote name="R K"]

[/quote]

INCON FUCKING SISTENT!

Uh, come on guys, while I do agree that there could have been a couple of Hawks PP's, that pic fails to show that Seabrook is just out of frame to the right and he prevented (beautifully I might add) Thorton from scoring with the puck loose in the crease.

Seabs knocked Joe into Niemi.[/quote]

Joe should have avoided Niemi. The real bad one was Niemi being bowled over, which this wasn't it. The one where they gave Sharp a high stick and by the replay I'm still not sure it was a high stick.

Either way Joe could have avoided Niemi as much as possible, which is the call. As you can see by the picture he's SITTING ON HIM!

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to wonder after this series, If I will place this team in my most hated teams long side with Detroit, Nucks and the Flames.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]When I posted the pic I did not mean to imply that in of itself was a penalty.

It was more of a comment in general with a pic that gives the subject some credability.

I am not worried about the lack of calls.

We came, we saw, we overcame and then we conquered.[/quote]

I figure there's nothing to worry about because an old zebra ain't gonna change it's stripes at this point on the safari. I was expecting this seeing as how COL got stiffed and also because though it pains me to say it even the fucking Wings were JOBBED by the zebras during their series. Thusly, I expect no better fate for the Hawks.