5/16 - WCF Game 1 - Blackhawks (0) @ (0) Sharks 2:00PM NBC

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]
[quote name="R K"]Reading their board is quite comical.

We deserved 3 or 4 of the 5 penalties but not once do ANY of them mention what they weren't called for.

Our forwards shy away from hits? Really? You should check who led the Hit in the game Moron!

Niemi was lucky, not good. Really? Shark fans are a dumb fucking bunch. Always have been and always will be.[/quote]

Well it's California... they were probably high and listening to Sublime while beating off to posters of surfers instead of paying attention to what was actually happening on the ice.[/quote]

I was never that bad. I always focused on the game back out west.

As I've learned a couple years back: Destiny is heart, sacrifice, and passion. The Hawks showed all that today. The Sharks fans were more focused on booing Campbell than anything else, and that can't distract you.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
All I know is that if every game is this intense I don't know if I'll survive this series. That was some entertaining, nerve wracking hockey.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]All I know is that if every game is this intense I don't know if I'll survive this series. That was some entertaining, nerve wracking hockey.[/quote]

Playoff hockey is so much more enjoyable when your team isn't involved... kidding of course, but it's kind of true!

That last 55 seconds my heart was pounding like I was out on the ice trying to kill off the rest of the game.

WHEW! Don't know if I could have handled an OT period(s).

howcho

Liked Posts:
Wow, what a great opening game for our boys. Niemi stole that game for us especially in the second as he kept it close and gave the team an opportunity to respond. Very impressed with the momentum swings in ths game; both teams can certainly bring it.

Reffing was onsided for sure but I did not think any of the penalties where undeserved. I would have expected a PP on at least one occasion though.

No reason we can't get another in California. Go Hawks.

I don't think Madden and Buff did anything to warrant the first to PP's for the Sharks. Especially since they didn't call that crap both ways.

Bolland's tripping was definitely tripping. Then again Versteeg served that.

No doubt Niemi was huge! Nice to see Heatly-Thornton-Marleu - 2 !!!

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]I don't think Madden and Buff did anything to warrant the first to PP's for the Sharks. Especially since they didn't call that crap both ways.

Bolland's tripping was definitely tripping. Then again Versteeg served that.

No doubt Niemi was huge! Nice to see Heatly-Thornton-Marleu - 2 !!![/quote]

Penalty on Madden was a ticky tack call. I initially thought the call was on Eager for elbowing.

The call on Buff was pure BS and it led to their only goal. But karma (or whatever ya wanna call it) is a bitch and Buffy got even by scoring the game winner.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
I'm not surprised that Thornton/Marleau/Heatley didn't show up. Q masterfully put the right changes in place to neutralize those guys.

The Sharks fans on their board are saying how they have to "finish off rebounds" and intimating that its a foregone conclusion its going to be a different story in game 2.

Oh really?

The reason they don't finish rebounds is because they don't have guys willing to do the dirty work, get in front, and create traffic. The guys they have are floaters, save Pavelski. There is a reason why Thornton is 6'4" but only scores 25 goals per year. He doesn't like to go into the slot. He prefers to float around with his pass first mentality.

If the Hawks score first in game 2, I don't know if the Sharks have the grit needed to dig down and really make this a blood, sweat, and tears type of series.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 4 of 5 calls against the Hawks were legitimate. NBC did not do a good job of showing the Buf and Seabrook penalties but Seabs said his was a penalty in the post game. However, Sharp's call should have been a co-incidental as Niemi was run on the play and there was a clear interfererence in front of the Smelly Fish' net early in the 3rd.

This win goes to Niemi. No if's, no and's, nor but's aboot it.

BTW, can anyone find the Barry Rozner article(From about 6 weeks ago) in which he calls out Tallon and Savard for moving Buff to forward from D? Would make for interesting reading.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Nice game boys. Niemi is amazing, but we all know that.

So far my prediction of the series is holding steady. A very close game on the scoreboard, but we still earned the win. I'll take it and three more like it. Feel free to take your time doing it though, because I am pretty sure that whomever wins this series will take the Cup in 5 games.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BigPete"]Nice game boys. Niemi is amazing, but we all know that.

So far my prediction of the series is holding steady. A very close game on the scoreboard, but we still earned the win. I'll take it and three more like it. Feel free to take your time doing it though, because I am pretty sure that whomever wins this series will take the Cup in 5 games.[/quote]

Less if Halak plays like he did tonight.

More if Leighton plays like he is tonight.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks do not have to win another road game this season.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]The Hawks do not have to win another road game this season.[/quote]

If they keep playing at home like they have, then I doubt that highly.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]The Hawks do not have to win another road game this season.[/quote]

?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BlackhawkPaul"]

?[/quote]

Win all 3 at home, Hawks advance.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:

?[/quote]

I think Jim is speaking factually. If the Hawks take games 3, 4 & 6 in this series, as well as 1, 2, 5, and 7 in the next series, then technically, the "Hawks do not have to win another road game this season" is true.

But that assumes the Hawks go 7-0 at home from here on out and that's coming from a team that is currently 3-3 at home in the playoffs. That's a tall task to ask for.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]
[quote name="BigPete"]I am pretty sure that whomever wins this series will take the Cup in 5 games.[/quote]

Less if Halak plays like he did tonight.

More if Leighton plays like he is tonight.[/quote]

I'm hoping this was just a fluke, cause I expected that other series to go at least 6 ...

And the last time Philly went to the Finals, they got swept.

It can be done again with the Western Champion, I'm sure of it.

[quote name="whalerhawk"]

If they keep playing at home like they have, then I doubt that highly.[/quote]

I'd be a feeling a lot better if the Hawks won Game 2 as well... I just don't trust us at home yet.

Gemini13

Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]

As I've learned a couple years back: Destiny is heart, sacrifice, and passion. [/quote]

Wrong. She was a stripper I used to bang before I got married. Yes, serious. :D

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="whalerhawk"]

?[/quote]

I think Jim is speaking factually. If the Hawks take games 3, 4 & 6 in this series, as well as 1, 2, 5, and 7 in the next series, then technically, the "Hawks do not have to win another road game this season" is true.

But that assumes the Hawks go 7-0 at home from here on out and that's coming from a team that is currently 3-3 at home in the playoffs. That's a tall task to ask for.[/quote]

Whaler has it.

Ton

Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]

I'm hoping this was just a fluke, cause I expected that other series to go at least 6 ...

And the last time Philly went to the Finals, they got swept.

It can be done again with the Western Champion, I'm sure of it.

[/quote]

So did the Hawks...

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Reading their board is quite comical.

We deserved 3 or 4 of the 5 penalties but not once do ANY of them mention what they weren't called for.

Our forwards shy away from hits? Really? You should check who led the Hit in the game Moron!

Niemi was lucky, not good. Really? Shark fans are a dumb fucking bunch. Always have been and always will be.[/quote]

QFT.

Not to mention they actually believe they have at worst the 2nd best jersey---after the Hawks---in hockey if not the best. They make me giggle with their childish sense of wonder and naivete! That piece of TEAL shit is not even the 7th or 8th best in the NHL let alone 2nd and surpassing ANY of the O6 sweaters. Even Canucks fans aren't delusional enough to talk smack about the Indianhead---lmao.