5/16 - WCF Game 1 - Blackhawks (0) @ (0) Sharks 2:00PM NBC

HawksFan1988

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised if Hossa does have a wrist injury.

He's just looked uncomfortable shooting the puck lately.

Despite that, he can still stickhandle circles around everyone and has done it quite a few times thus far in the playoffs.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I don't know if RK saw this yet on the old boards, but here's the news on his "favorite topic" - the zebras.

Gee, I wonder who we're getting this series? :roll:

Ton

Liked Posts:
All the favorites! Gee golly! LOL

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
McCreary did a great job in Game 6 against Vancouver and let them play. I'd be fine with him doing the games.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]McCreary did a great job in Game 6 against Vancouver and let them play. I'd be fine with him doing the games.[/quote]

Yep. Didn't a couple of the Canucks say that they knew there'd be no crap with him officiating G6?

[quote name="klemmer"]
[quote name="Razzberry"]McCreary did a great job in Game 6 against Vancouver and let them play. I'd be fine with him doing the games.[/quote]

Yep. Didn't a couple of the Canucks say that they knew there'd be no crap with him officiating G6?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was Burish.

Tim Peel is the only one that's really sucked for the Hawks this post season. Both games he's gotten, he's killed us.

Not a big fan of McCreary but game six was officiating pretty well. They let shit go both ways.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Ton"]All the favorites! Gee golly! LOL[/quote]

Like that's a surprise? :lol:

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Lol @ Maiden/pmxc/IHF not realizing we moved... arguing on the old boards. Someone might want to nudge them over this way.[/quote]

Screw 'em.....let them battle it out over there instead of here.

Cornflake

Liked Posts:
Alright I got to change my name since C-dawg while one of my nicknames in college was really happy to exchange it for another nickname that has lasted longer....don't know if it's better.

Anyways, I don't know about wanting to see lots of calls not being called. While I liked that kind of hockey and can't believe the amount of calls this postseason (especially in the 2nd round) that would favour the Sharks would it not? Our PK has been great, and our PP has been awesome. We are quicker so the Sharks will want to clutch and hold.

Am I wrong tho?

bri

Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to this series. Hope the Hawks can remain focused and find their comfort zone. Should be a good match up.

Shredder

Liked Posts:
The key to this series is staying out of the box and I think the Hawks can do that. The Sharks are actually in negative territory in terms of goals for and against 5-on-5 despite going 8-3 in the playoffs so far. They averaged 6.2 powerplays a game against the Wings and there's no chance in hell the Hawks are going to be shorthanded that much. We were shorthanded 3.2 times a game during the regular season and 4.4 so far in the playoffs.

Even if the we do take penalties, we're killing them off at 88.7% in the playoffs compared to the Avs at 80.8% and the Wings at 81.2%. During the season series, the Hawks went 15-18 on the PK against the Sharks (i.e. shorthanded 4.5 times a game). Of course, the Hawks also led the league in shorties during the regular season and are tops in the playoffs too.

Another interesting statistic is of course the fact that the Hawks outshot the Sharks 147-98. I find it difficult to envision Nabokov pulling a "Halak" on the Hawks in a seven-game series. Could happen, obviously, but Niemi seems like just as good a bet to do it as Nabokov, so that's a wash going in.

nana

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Shredder"]The key to this series is staying out of the box and I think the Hawks can do that. The Sharks are actually in negative territory in terms of goals for and against 5-on-5 despite going 8-3 in the playoffs so far. They averaged 6.2 powerplays a game against the Wings and there's no chance in hell the Hawks are going to be shorthanded that much. We were shorthanded 3.2 times a game during the regular season and 4.4 so far in the playoffs.

Even if the we do take penalties, we're killing them off at 88.7% in the playoffs compared to the Avs at 80.8% and the Wings at 81.2%. During the season series, the Hawks went 15-18 on the PK against the Sharks (i.e. shorthanded 4.5 times a game). Of course, the Hawks also led the league in shorties during the regular season and are tops in the playoffs too.

Another interesting statistic is of course the fact that the Hawks outshot the Sharks 147-98. I find it difficult to envision Nabokov pulling a "Halak" on the Hawks in a seven-game series. Could happen, obviously, but Niemi seems like just as good a bet to do it as Nabokov, so that's a wash going in.[/quote]

If the Hawks continue what they did with the Nucks in crashing the net & screening, they will be in good shape. The shot total differential alone is not as formidable as it might appear, but when you combine it with the strategy the Hawks employed against Vancouver, it bodes well for the team getting a lot more high percentage opportunities.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
That brings up some good questions, nana. How is our attack going to look? Is SJ going to try any trap defensive systems? Are we going to continue to occupy the slot and crease or go back to the death by cycling scheme?

Guess we'll have to wait and see! Can it be gametime NOW please???

TSN panel's picks.

Pang--- Chicago 7

Anderson---Chicago will NOT go 7

McKenzie ----Chicago will NOT go 7

Goal

Pang-San Jose

Anderson-Wash

McKenze-San Jose

D

Pang--Chicago

Anderson-Chicago

McKenzie-Chicago

O

Unanimous Chicago

Team Speed and Depth

Hope they are right.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Out of the so called experts, the one I find to be right, usually, is LeBrun from ESPN...he has the Hawks and Habs winning their series. I am going to agree with these predictions, as that is who I have.

And in case anyone is wondering, knowing that I was an STH for the Caps, the one team I did not want them to open up in the playoffs against was the Habs.

Ton

Liked Posts:
How does San Jose have the advantage in goal? Nabokov sucks and only benefits from the team in front of him, ALWAYS has.... in fact the team beat Colorado in spite of Nabokov, not because of him.

I'm sick of "experts" discrediting our goaltending. Until Nabokov makes it to the Finals and wins the Cup, he is the BIGGEST choker on San Jose outside of Thornton.

IMO, its a wash at best for San Jose in the goaltending department. Right now I'd give the advantage to the Hawks given that Niemi has been tested far more than Nabokov.

This series will be the most work he has gotten in the entire playoffs... given his history with a heavy workload... well it just speaks for itself!

I'm more worried about SJ's offense than Nabokov... although they are slower they have more skill on the top two lines IMO.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Lol @ Maiden/pmxc/IHF not realizing we moved... arguing on the old boards. Someone might want to nudge them over this way.[/quote]

We can keep that board for the bickering![/quote]

What are you doing at the new place then? ;)

Shredder

Liked Posts:
SJ-CHI.jpg

Barnaby... :lol:

I think they are going on experience Tony, and for that, Nabokov has it.

I do agree with you though, as the not ever facing Niemi hurts the Sharks. The Canucks were going high corner in the two games they clearly beat Niemi.