5 guys we have to re-sign

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
What 5 players that we absolutely have to resign at the end of the year?

1. Cutler- We can't afford to try and start over at the QB position. Maybe his injury will allow his price to come down some
2. Gould-This accurate of a kicker especially in Soldier Field can not be overlooked. Dude has been money, now pay him
3. Tillman- I know he's getting up there but when healthy he still can be a difference maker
4. Wooten- I think Peppers is gone especially with his production. Wooten should be a fairly cheap solid player
5. Slauson- Has been a solid addition to the line. Would keep consistency and allow us to go after a center via draft or free agency

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree except on Cutler. I think we CAN afford to start over. High risk high reward.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tillman and Jennings are in free agency, so they'll have to sign two starting CBs whether it's them or others. I hope they give Charles another 3 yr deal - I think he has that in him even if he plays safety a bit - good mentor. They probably should sign Gould, but he'll probably want another record setting contract. They need to sign Wootton and I think Slauson has played well and deserves a contract. We need DT, DE, CB, C, S, QB. That's six picks even though we need multiples at most of those positions. I don't know what to say about Jay at this point, it depends on the dollars, but this team is a couple years away imo.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

1. Cutler- We can't afford to try and start over at the QB position. Maybe his injury will allow his price to come down some
2. Gould-This accurate of a kicker especially in Soldier Field can not be overlooked. Dude has been money, now pay him
3. Tillman- I know he's getting up there but when healthy he still can be a difference maker
4. Wooten- I think Peppers is gone especially with his production. Wooten should be a fairly cheap solid player
5. Slauson- Has been a solid addition to the line. Would keep consistency and allow us to go after a center via draft or free agency

I would like to see Jennings back as well but those 5 are solid.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I don't see 5 people on this team whose contracts are up that are worth re-signing.

Slauson
Gould
Maybe Franchise Cutler.

Rest? meh.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't see 5 people on this team whose contracts are up that are worth re-signing.

Slauson
Gould
Maybe Franchise Cutler.

Rest? meh.

Why no Tillman?
I tend to think he has a couple years left and I don't think the market will be clamoring for a 33 year old CB.... can probably be had for cheap.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Why no Tillman?
I tend to think he has a couple years left and I don't think the market will be clamoring for a 33 year old CB.... can probably be had for cheap.

I just see him not lasting much past this year - he already is getting hurt way too much.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just see him not lasting much past this year - he already is getting hurt way too much.

Fair enough- he has been in and out of games.
My thought is he is trying to play through nagging issues and not being successful.
With the past 3 years of 16 starts, I might give him the benefit of the doubt for a year though.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You my friend...Hit the proverbial nail

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
Obviously we won't be able to fill all our needs through the draft. I just don't have any idea at who might be free agents next year for us to sign. Part of me says trade a 3rd rounder to the viking for Allen to see if he can help our D-line but that'd be a waste. I just hate giving up on a year when there is so much that could happen yet.

We will have to go D heavy in the draft with DT/CB our top priorities. Be nice if we could swing a third round QB like Seattle did with Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sign Cutler to a reasonable deal and still draft a QB. Just depends on where we are drafting and who's there.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3rd rounder? No fucking way. I would rather suffer through the draft than that. We aren't whistling dixie here.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why no Tillman?

Considering Tillman is one of the best when he isn't hurt, he wilgain a lot of intrest

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
3rd rounder? No fucking way. I would rather suffer through the draft than that. We aren't whistling dixie here.

Like I said, it'd be a waste. I truly feel that if we had any sort of pass rush this D would be worlds better.

Liked Posts:
I think it's time to finally make a good college try at drafting a QB, regardless of what Jay Cutler does. The Bears have always been a defense first franchise, & have built to that model for almost their entire history. IMO, they have different approach in the front office now, & are at least attempting towards being geared to build with an offensive mentality. I know the history of drafting QB's sucks with this franchise, but I'm not surprised when the franchise has spent a lot of it's effort building around defense. I think that the Bears may finally have the right people in place with George at the top, Phil at GM, & Trestman at HC to finally get a young QB & build an offense that can run with the rest of the league. IMO, it's time to draft a QB, the franchise cannot cower from it due to history forever, they have to successfully do this, sooner or later, & it's not going to happen by referring to the piss poor franchise moves under Michael McCaskey.