5 guys we have to re-sign

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Cutler should be gone no matter what and he feels Cutler should be kept no matter what. Opposite extremes

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Oh no I don't think he should be kept no matter what. I think he should be kept until we have a viable replacement unless he wants an absurd long contact like Flacco then no.

I'm not all about ditching a good QB for a "what if" QB in the draft. I'am however comfortable keeping him for another year while drafting another QB as well and extending our options until we decide who our future QB is.

there's alot of ppl that say pay cutler whatever he wants I'm not one of them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for quoting the part about not twisting my words and then twisting my words.

I never said that Marshall wouldn't play without Cutler in Chicago. I just said he may be less inclined to re-sign with the team when his current deal expires if Cutler isn't the QB in Chicago.

Marshall isn't going to leave because of Cutler not being re-signed. My comments were about the issue, not about you. Nobody twisted your words.

How many contract extensions did Marshall sign in Denver after Cutler left town?

He was traded to Miami (another Cutler-less team who he played for and played well). It wasn't his choice.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
What 5 players that we absolutely have to resign at the end of the year?

1. Cutler- We can't afford to try and start over at the QB position. Maybe his injury will allow his price to come down some
2. Gould-This accurate of a kicker especially in Soldier Field can not be overlooked. Dude has been money, now pay him
3. Tillman- I know he's getting up there but when healthy he still can be a difference maker
4. Wooten- I think Peppers is gone especially with his production. Wooten should be a fairly cheap solid player
5. Slauson- Has been a solid addition to the line. Would keep consistency and allow us to go after a center via draft or free agency

I might take some slack for this but I think people are overrating Slauson a little and Tillman needs to show he can still stay on the field. Of course the amount of money Tillman asks for (or Slauson or really anyone I guess for that matter) will play a big part in the decision too.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I might take some slack for this but I think people are overrating Slauson a little and Tillman needs to show he can still stay on the field. Of course the amount of money Tillman asks for (or Slauson or really anyone I guess for that matter) will play a big part in the decision too.

Slauson has played very well and is still a young guy. You have the opportunity to keep 4/5 of this line together for another 3-4-5 years and could be 5/5 depending on who you get at center.

I'm not sure there will be much of a market for Tillman. It could almost be an Urlacher type situation. Tillman's approaching his mid-30's and is starting to potentially show some wear and tear. Adam Hoge had an article today talking to a doctor about Cutler, Briggs, and Tillman's injuries. The doctor said Tillman's injury sounds like the early onset of arthritis and if that's the case then it really clouds Tillman's future because you can't really stop that from progressing unless you want to get a joint replacement (which obviously Tillman isn't in the market for). I think Tillman can be had for a 2-3 year contract at a reasonable price.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Flak.

You're not going to overpay for Slauson - there will be other options. They need to bring in some CBs and Tillman would be great as a teacher. He can still play CB, but he would also be good at FS. He'd be good at SS, but if they sign him another few years, they might want to minimize his contact - I don't think you want him in the box a lot. If they do resign him, I could see him playing corner next year and maybe safety the following year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What 5 players that we absolutely have to resign at the end of the year?

1. Cutler- We can't afford to try and start over at the QB position. Maybe his injury will allow his price to come down some
2. Gould-This accurate of a kicker especially in Soldier Field can not be overlooked. Dude has been money, now pay him
3. Tillman- I know he's getting up there but when healthy he still can be a difference maker
4. Wooten- I think Peppers is gone especially with his production. Wooten should be a fairly cheap solid player
5. Slauson- Has been a solid addition to the line. Would keep consistency and allow us to go after a center via draft or free agency

I think giving Tillman a large FS contract and asking if he will move to remain a bear solves one problem. Re-signing Jennings softens that blow. We don't have to draft a safety that way.

1) FS Tillman
2) CB1- Jennings
3) Slauson
4) Melton on a reasonable 2 year contract, incentives (especially on the second year) and opportunity to play while he is still young enough into a big contract with snap escalators.
5) Cutler
6) Gould- these are taken for granted until you need one. Also, classy guy and a great bear in the community, gotta keep those guys and reward them
7) Anderson- I think he is the best SLB we have had since Colvin
8) Restructure and extend Peppers if he is willing
9) Britton- worthwhile cheap back-up and friend of Slauson
10) James Anderson WR- gotta love glue guys, no idea what his contract is
11) McCown

A center. The saints FA comes to mind. But a center should be a veteran leader whenever possible and not a rookie. Draft a RT in rounds 5 to keep padding the depth and add a mauler to compete with Mills, may the best man win.

Round 1) DT
Round 2) DE
Round 3) DT
Round 4) DE
Round 5) S
Round 6) S
Round 7) DT

mecha

Liked Posts:
Marshall is a professional. He's played without Cutler before and he can again, on a better team. The idea that two NFL players are so joined at the hip that they can't or won't play without each other is absurd.

I said this last week. I'm glad someone else gets it heh

Professional athletes, people. I'm sure some Jacksonville players might be bummed they're not in contention but they're still making more money than you and I ever probably will.

mikester

Liked Posts:
Imho the offense can only get better from here. We are LIGHT YEARS beyond anything we've had since Cutty was signed here. Need to keep the offense together and let them build chemistry under Trest.

FIX DEFENSE.

Melton back
Wooton back
Free agent D lineman
First round D lineman

Applying pressure fixes the secondary

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Just realized that we could possibly have the worst roster in the NFC North next year and if Marshall leaves after we get rid of Cutler, things could get very ugly for years to come. These next few drafts are crucial for the franchise. Another Shea Mccellin type pick and we're in trouble big time.

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
Just an outside thought here, but what if Cutler doesn't "chase" the money? He is at a point now in his career where I just don't see him wanting to go to Jacksonville or some other team like that. He knows he has weapons here. For the first time in a long time it is the defensive side of the ball where the problems lie. Maybe, and I now it is a big maybe, he signs for 12-15 with some incentives thrown in. Maybe, just maybe, he sees what happened in Baltimore and he takes a bit less money so we can get some defensive free agents. I now this is wishful thinking but who knows. He hasn't exactly done anything to be considered "elite" but we all know that teams will throw ungodly amounts of money at less than stellar players.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think Cutler should be gone no matter what and he feels Cutler should be kept no matter what. Opposite extremes

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

WHAT?!?!?!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Imho the offense can only get better from here. We are LIGHT YEARS beyond anything we've had since Cutty was signed here. Need to keep the offense together and let them build chemistry under Trest.

FIX DEFENSE.

Melton back
Wooton back
Free agent D lineman
First round D lineman

Applying pressure fixes the secondary

ACL injuries aren't particularly friendly to DT's.