5 guys we have to re-sign

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I NEVER SAID I "KNEW".

Name the good deal. So far I've seen $20 million for one season thrown around. Will Cutler take this good deal? Will he be willing to work with the younger QB?

Mark Sanchez has more Championship games appearances than Cutler. In either case Name the "deal" you give Cutler and you think he accepts. "How do you know Cutler takes it?"

You never said you knew and yet you are cool with going into the draft with a bunch of shit defensive problems and now a new one at QB because you rather gamble in the draft. I rather just go in with defensive problems.

Im no cap expert but I will look up info and get back to you on that. If Cutler doesn't take the good deal, tell him to bounce

Really Mark Sanchez? So are we using wins as a QB stat now because if so let Mick know

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
REALLY?? A $20M insurance policy for one player, who is mediocre? Do you own a car worth $10,000, and have an insurance policy which you pay $20k?

you seem like a gambling man. I hope Emery isn't. I've seen far more teams draft 1st round QB's and suck rather than be the new future. I'm not saying our future 10 year franchise QB isn't in the 2014 draft but I'm thinking there's a slim chance he's there. Which is why I'm not ready to put all my eggs in one basket. Well see what Emery does.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Trade this year's first and next year's first for Teddy Bridgewater or Marcus Mariota. Lol

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Name the contract. Does Cutler take the deal? Why? Is he willing to work with the younger player?

Will get back on that again and I think he rather work with a gm who saw that building around the QB means something and stay in the same system for years to come. I don't think working with younger players will kill him

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You never said you knew and yet you are cool with going into the draft with a bunch of shit defensive problems and now a new one at QB because you rather gamble in the draft. I rather just go in with defensive problems.
Which is part of the reason I think the Cutler money could be better spent elsewhere, like I've mentioned repeatedly.

If Cutler doesn't take the good deal, tell him to bounce
yet you are cool with going into the draft with a bunch of shit defensive problems and now a new one at QB because you rather gamble in the draft.

Hypocrisy much?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hypocrisy much?

Not really. IF cutler doesn't take the good deal than that is on him and you really don't have a choice in the matter with hat gamble. If Cutler did take a cap friendly deal and you could draft a QB to groom why wouldn't you?

illmatic34

Liked Posts:
Does it makes sense to resign a guy for one year knowing he will most likely not be here the following year and have 20 million tied up to that one player and ignore the other areas of need on the team? You either get rid of Cutler on the offseason or sign him to a long term contract - which would be stupid. So the answer is pretty clear here - get rid of him and draft a QB early.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really. IF cutler doesn't take the good deal than that is on him and you really don't have a choice in the matter with hat gamble. If Cutler did take a cap friendly deal and you could draft a QB to groom why wouldn't you?

So your gamble is fine. Other gambles bad.

Yeah like I said. Hypocrisy.

I await your cap friendly deal Cutler would be so keen on taking while mentoring his replacement at 31 years old when he still feels he's a starting QB.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does it makes sense to resign a guy for one year knowing he will most likely not be here the following year and have 20 million tied up to that one player and ignore the other areas of need on the team? You either get rid of Cutler on the offseason or sign him to a long term contract - which would be stupid. So the answer is pretty clear here - get rid of him and draft a QB early.

Still trying to figure out who wants Cutler here for 20 mil

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still trying to figure out who wants Cutler here for 20 mil

You've had repeated posts around here saying to "Franchise him".

In fact sikesy has been advocating for it for pages now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So your gamble is fine. Other gambles bad.

Yeah like I said. Hypocrisy.

I await your cap friendly deal Cutler would be so keen on taking while mentoring his replacement at 31 years old when he still feels he's a starting QB.

Don't think Cutler has to mentor anyone. Favre didn't mentor rodgers

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:

No that would be very stupid which is why I don't think anyone is insinuating that. If you knew you were getting rid of him no matter what after one year it would be idiotic to give him 20 mil for one year.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Cutler is going to be no help to this new QB? Wow. What a teammate.

Having this argument with you is pointless because what you value Cutler is completely different than how some of us value Cutler. You've ragged on Cutler for years now and you don't believe Cutler has what it takes to win a superbowl or get it done (which is fair) so in your mind cut ties with him now and move on.

Fans that still believe his lack of success was because of the pieces around him and coaching still think Cutler MAY or may NOT have what it takes to win us a superbowl. But aren't willing to throw away a CHANCE on a gamble in the draft.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Having this argument with you is pointless because what you value Cutler is completely different than how some of us value Cutler. You've ragged on Cutler for years now and you don't believe Cutler has what it takes to win a superbowl or get it done (which is fair) so in your mind cut ties with him now and move on.
1. For years? You've barely been here for one.

2. I've said the exact opposite in terms of Cutler's ability to win a SB with the Bears.

But aren't willing to throw away a CHANCE on a gamble in the draft.
Ok so how does any other QB ever get the chance in Chicago?

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since nobody answered first timers ? How much would you be willing to pay cutler?
$10-12 2-3 yrs and draft a first.
Anything more. I sign I stop gap QB for 5-7 1-2 yrs and draft a QB

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
2. I've said the exact opposite in terms of Cutler's ability to win a SB with the Bears.

Ok so you believe Cutler has the ability to win the Superbowl with the Bears? Then if he has the ability some of us may not be so quick to let that go.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok so you believe Cutler has the ability to win the Superbowl with the Bears? Then if he has the ability some of us may not be so quick to let that go.
So quick? It's been 5 years.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So quick? It's been 5 years.

Not everyone is Brady and the Patriots who win multiple. With Cutler finally getting the pieces ready and the offense finally scoring a superbowl could be around the corner. Not every team is built for a dynasty. It took Favre 5 years to win his. Manning took 5 plus years with the colts etc.

there's a line. emery has to look and see if he can see Cutler winning a superbowl in the next 5 years. if not he won't sign him if so he will.